• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone hate this Dante ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso Dynamo

I can't stand DMC4 Dante, and it doesnt have anything to do with his emotional arc or his place in the story; I simply can't stand Reuben Langdon and Hideaki Itsuno's portrayal of Dante period.
1. The voice: DMC 1 Dante had a kind of cool kind of goofy "trucker" like Dante (almost a Jack Burton kind of flair), 2 had in my opinion the coolest voice for Dante despite how little you heard it. Langdon's Dante however just oozes "trying too hard" I hate how he elongates the end of each sentence and sighs the dialogue.
2. The look: good god he is tacky in this game, the cool Gothic Victorian look of DMC 1 and Matrix cool of 2 is replaced with a half assed western attempt with enough straps and excessive **** it would make a Final Fantasy protagonist proud. At least it's better than the god awful paige boy haircut and sword holster bra of DMC 3 though.
3. WHATS WITH ALL THE ****ING JIGGING!!? Christ this Dante twitches like a crack fiend, it's just embarrassing the way he sways his hips and shoulders as he taunts Sanctus from afar, Langdon's physical acting of Dante is the complete opposite of cool and if you dont believe me, the next time your flirting with a girl grab your belt buckle, pull up your pants violently as you swivel your hips and say "That's what i'm talking about!" and see how far you get that night!

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
Its just uggh for one its not survival horror you can argue that 5 wasn't either but then capcom made Revelations which was a step in the right direction but in 6 nothing is scary you can breeze through the game with plenty of ammo i'm happy with my old RE games people want Capcom to remake 2 and 3 i don't because they would mess it up and the put the new personalities on the characters
I see your point. I did only began with RE5 though & then went to RE4. Now, playing RE6, I gave up less within a week after purchasing it. They made this game so far ridiculously hard- RE4 hard is just right. RE5 was more simpler, but RE6 is preposterous!! Like the Operation Raccoon City, those 2 are just too ridiculously hard.
I may sound ridiculous myself, but I refuse to play a game that's too hard- it causes stree when I'm simply wanting tp gameplay to relax & not stress! xP LOL

Age of Nero

I can't stand DMC4 Dante, and it doesnt have anything to do with his emotional arc or his place in the story; I simply can't stand Reuben Langdon and Hideaki Itsuno's portrayal of Dante period.
1. The voice: DMC 1 Dante had a kind of cool kind of goofy "trucker" like Dante (almost a Jack Burton kind of flair), 2 had in my opinion the coolest voice for Dante despite how little you heard it. Langdon's Dante however just oozes "trying too hard" I hate how he elongates the end of each sentence and sighs the dialogue.
2. The look: good god he is tacky in this game, the cool Gothic Victorian look of DMC 1 and Matrix cool of 2 is replaced with a half assed western attempt with enough straps and excessive **** it would make a Final Fantasy protagonist proud. At least it's better than the god awful paige boy haircut and sword holster bra of DMC 3 though.
3. WHATS WITH ALL THE ******* JIGGING!!? Christ this Dante twitches like a crack fiend, it's just embarrassing the way he sways his hips and shoulders as he taunts Sanctus from afar, Langdon's physical acting of Dante is the complete opposite of cool and if you dont believe me, the next time your flirting with a girl grab your belt buckle, pull up your pants violently as you swivel your hips and say "That's what i'm talking about!" and see how far you get that night!
ROFL xDDD You said twitches! I've noticed that anyway he (& even Nero) moved, they had this twitch to them- looks very funny!!
and yes, in DMC3 he has an odd haircut- like a bowl, Dutch boy appearance! :p But I love it on him for some odd reason! :|

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I see your point. I did only began with RE5 though & then went to RE4. Now, playing RE6, I gave up less within a week after purchasing it. They made this game so far ridiculously hard- RE4 hard is just right. RE5 was more simpler, but RE6 is preposterous!! Like the Operation Raccoon City, those 2 are just too ridiculously hard.
I may sound ridiculous myself, but I refuse to play a game that's too hard- it causes stree when I'm simply wanting tp gameplay to relax & not stress! xP LOL
lol i wonder what you would think of the earlier games in the series but in a way 5 got me into the series as well

Age of Nero

lol i wonder what you would think of the earlier games in the series but in a way 5 got me into the series as well
I've seen ppl play 1 & 2, but they look so blocky! xD The storyline for 2 got me- I loved that plot.
As for DMC, I've been on 3 after 4- I can't stop dying at that stait-Labyrinth hell he goes into to reface all the bosses! I hate this one (ch.)- the gameplay's a lil' harder than 4, but when Dante faces Vergil, I always get this intense rush! :p

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I've seen ppl play 1 & 2, but they look so blocky! xD The storyline for 2 got me- I loved that plot.
As for DMC, I've been on 3 after 4- I can't stop dying at that stait-Labyrinth hell he goes into to reface all the bosses! I hate this one (ch.)- the gameplay's a lil' harder than 4, but when Dante faces Vergil, I always get this intense rush! :p
same here i hate refighting all those bosses but i hate the chess battle more :p but fighting vergil is the best part of the game for me XD also RE's blockiness adds to the charm well atleast for 2 and 3

Age of Nero

same here i hate refighting all those bosses but i hate the chess battle more :p but fighting vergil is the best part of the game for me XD also RE's blockiness adds to the charm well atleast for 2 and 3
The chess part actually doesn't bother me much! :p But those bosses- I need 30 vital stars for that- just on easy mode!
-___-

That seems like an odd thing to say on a Devil May Cry forum.
Well, DMC's not hard to me- except on 3, the Labyrinth multiple bosses part- after that. I'm ok! But RE 6 & Operation Raccoon City is a joke!!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The chess part actually doesn't bother me much! :p But those bosses- I need 30 vital stars for that- just on easy mode!
-___-
lol first time i played DMC3 I always hated Nevans, Cerberus and Phantoms battles but over awhile i've come to like all the bosses...except for Cerberus...still hate him but you do know that you don't have to fight all of them again right? :)

Calypso Dynamo

Yeah i have to say the chess part was the worst part of the game, i was so relieved when Dante cut in in half only for the damn thing to come bac in the end.:lol:

ZeroLove

There's only two things I like in DMC4.
Trish/Gloria (same person, counts as one) and the Lucifer weapon.
I don't like Nero, I don't like Dante in this game, I don't like Credo, Kyrie, Sanctus or Agnus, I don't like the bosses, I don't like the story and I don't like the lacking gameplay.

But hate? Strong dislike, yes, but not hate.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
There's only two things I like in DMC4.
Trish/Gloria (same person, counts as one) and the Lucifer weapon.
I don't like Nero, I don't like Dante in this game, I don't like Credo, Kyrie, Sanctus or Agnus, I don't like the bosses, I don't like the story and I don't like the lacking gameplay.

But hate? Strong dislike, yes, but not hate.
You don't like Berial? :'(

ZeroLove

Aww well thats a shame I thought bosses like Echidna and the frogs had great visual designs and Berials designs were pretty epic imo

A flaming centaur with a lionhead... frogs with anglers... A plant snake... You think these bosses were great visual designs?
Well, I'm sorry, but I quite disagree with that. They were random encounters who happened to stumble across fake hellgates and entered the mortal realm.

Anyways, this thread is about Dante, not the bosses of DMC4.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
A flaming centaur with a lionhead... frogs with anglers... A plant snake... You think these bosses were great visual designs?
Well, I'm sorry, but I quite disagree with that. They were random encounters who happened to stumble across fake hellgates and entered the mortal realm.

Anyways, this thread is about Dante, not the bosses of DMC4.
well its peoples opinions and i thought they were interesting. :/ Also I don't know if its true but DMC4 was supposed to be Dante going through hell but development got cut so it was scrapped

ZeroLove

well its peoples opinions and i thought they were interesting. :/ Also I don't know if its true but DMC4 was supposed to be Dante going through hell but development got cut so it was scrapped

That would have been more interesting though. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom