• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone hate this Dante ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
I wouldn't say I hated DMC 4's Dante, but he wasn't the greatest either. I found all his one-liners were corny and didn't make him as appealing as he should have been. Then again I don't think Nero was that great either. Some of his lines in the game were just as bad.

Overall though, the game was entertaining and fun at times.

I found DMC4 Dante badass, stylish,...but then again he just too...immature most of the time. What about you ?

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
rofl Seriously though- he did have a wicked sense of humor, but his overall demenor in DMC4 was pretty disappointing to me. There's many good & bad traits to how his character came out on these games- same for Vergil- well, except for DmC- Vergil was more screwed over than Dante in that department! :|

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
For some reason 4 was my favorite Dante. He had that sense of relaxed power while also keeping the humorous attitude. Yeah he came off as the unbeatable hero but after the events of three I guess I personally thought that no one but his own blood could even really be a challenge to him(Like the way he is panting at the end of the second Nero fight).I did not see him as an "old man" trying to act young I saw a bad ass being himself. In my opinion too many people are trying to compare him to DMC1 Dante. You can tell at the end of one he starts to cut down on the emotion and start to head towards style by the way he communicates with Trish.(The scene at the very end.) And the events of the animated series happen between 1 and 4. There is a huge difference of character there.

The most important factor for me was that he kept his sense of style. He followed the trend set in 3 of showing off a weapon as he got it and he kept his awesome one liners. Never in my life will I forget the pre She-Viper boss battle cut-scene in 4 with Dante.(Who the hell are you!)

Although DMC4 Dante is my favorite the difference in the amount that I like each Dante is barely any because they are all amazing characters with great and memorable things that they do. Hell even 2 Dante is memorable. I dont know how many times I have flipped a coin to decide on something since playing 2 haha.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I don't hate him, he is not the worst character ever, better than his DMC2 persona. I find him a little too immature, which was fine in DMC3 since he was like 20 years old but I do not like how he is only a little older than DMC1 Dante but acts just as immature as DMC3 Dante, who actually become less of a punkish smart mouth as that game progressed. That disconnect is what truly bugs me. If he was just a more talkative version of DMC1 Dante I would love him to death

KaizenShio

Yeah Dmc4 dante had me cringing.... Like I literally went to play 3 again to figure out if he was just as annoying as he was in 4 and he wasn't which had me so confused what the hell happened in like 8 or 9 years the hell did you regress back into

aoshi

I now officially dislike DMC 4 Dante. Not cuz of his character but his gameplay. It so complicated. I am used to the control that a weapon change is left or right trigger inputs. But darkslayer is on d-pad. When i heavily rely on JC's where darkslayer is crucial, I find it very uncomfortable to switch both on right trigger and d-pad.

Nero is so much fun as i can stay on air forever with snatch cancels and calibur cancels.Sorry dante but you are too much work. I think i am happy with DMC 3 with jus one style as i could do more with that than this DMC 4 Dante. Don't get me wrong that dante in DMC 4 is BAD , i jus am not able to play at a 100% capacity of this dante.

Age of Nero

For some reason 4 was my favorite Dante. He had that sense of relaxed power while also keeping the humorous attitude. Yeah he came off as the unbeatable hero but after the events of three I guess I personally thought that no one but his own blood could even really be a challenge to him(Like the way he is panting at the end of the second Nero fight).I did not see him as an "old man" trying to act young I saw a bad ass being himself. In my opinion too many people are trying to compare him to DMC1 Dante. You can tell at the end of one he starts to cut down on the emotion and start to head towards style by the way he communicates with Trish.(The scene at the very end.) And the events of the animated series happen between 1 and 4. There is a huge difference of character there.

The most important factor for me was that he kept his sense of style. He followed the trend set in 3 of showing off a weapon as he got it and he kept his awesome one liners. Never in my life will I forget the pre She-Viper boss battle cut-scene in 4 with Dante.(Who the hell are you!)

Although DMC4 Dante is my favorite the difference in the amount that I like each Dante is barely any because they are all amazing characters with great and memorable things that they do. Hell even 2 Dante is memorable. I dont know how many times I have flipped a coin to decide on something since playing 2 haha.
Interesting POV! :p I like them all by far too, even though DMC4's my least fav. But the fact he stayed calm under pressure AND was funny is what I liked most about him in 4. Just the maturity level was different to me! q:

Age of Nero

Another thing that I wish was different on DMC4- they should have brough Vergil back- even if it was just a cutscene at the end!! The fact that it's hard to decifer if Nero's his offspring- it's making me nuts!! x[

- The True Nephilim -

Devil Trigger Expert
I dislike mostly all the new Dantes, he kinda try's too hard to act cool IMO, he has no development accept him sorta crying for Vergil/Trish, I never felt he was a good character IMO

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Another thing that I wish was different on DMC4- they should have brough Vergil back- even if it was just a cutscene at the end!! The fact that it's hard to decifer if Nero's his offspring- it's making me nuts!! x[

Nero's not Vergil's kid since he's only ten years younger than the twins. The only place he's suggestedly Vergil's son is in the non-canon Deadly fortune novel by ex-employee Morihashi Bingo after he left Capcom. It's pretty much an AU version of the game, since the directors made statements that DMC4 takes place ten years after DMC3, so the twins were about 9 or 10 when Nero was born.

Age of Nero

Nero's not Vergil's kid since he's only ten years younger than the twins. The only place he's suggestedly Vergil's son is in the non-canon Deadly fortune novel by ex-employee Morihashi Bingo after he left Capcom. It's pretty much an AU version of the game, since the directors made statements that DMC4 takes place ten years after DMC3, so the twins were about 9 or 10 when Nero was born.
"...since he's only ten years younger than the twins."- true... (& this may sound odd/gross), but what if he's an offspring of Vergil's from a lab- like a test tube, Vergil decided to do when he was younger, in order to get Nero under his control at some point- like he had some deviant plot to destroy Dante in the human world since Vergil was left stuck in the demon world? Just an odd-mided theory/ida I had in my head, b/c Nero & Vergil are just too alike- their reactions when using swords, the fact they can summon swords, & the color blue... IDK- just a thought though! :p

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
"...since he's only ten years younger than the twins."- true... (& this may sound odd/gross), but what if he's an offspring of Vergil's from a lab- like a test tube, Vergil decided to do when he was younger, in order to get Nero under his control at some point- like he had some deviant plot to destroy Dante in the human world since Vergil was left stuck in the demon world? Just an odd-mided theory/ida I had in my head, b/c Nero & Vergil are just too alike- their reactions when using swords, the fact they can summon swords, & the color blue... IDK- just a thought though! :p
While this is an old old thing http://www.capcom-unity.com/carbo/b..._devil_may_cry_news_no_new_game_unfortunately It is not technically official but it was on Capcoms homepage for awhile so most people find it real.

In my mind Nero has to be Vergils son.They both summon blue swords. Dante states that Yamato needs to 'Stay in the family" then gives it to him. When Nero gets his DT he claims he needs more power(Sounds like a certain blue trench coat wearing half demon I know.). And his DT kind of resembles Vergils.

Yeah the age factor is a thing but they are demons >.> I could see Vergil getting busy at a young age haha.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Why is it when people say that Nero is Vergils son most of the time they say its because he says the same thing Vergil says among other reasons. That would make no sense since if Nero was Vergils son how would he know what his father said 10 years ago?

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
Why is it when people say that Nero is Vergils son most of the time they say its because he says the same thing Vergil says among other reasons. That would make no sense since if Nero was Vergils son how would he know what his father said 10 years ago?
Well my reasoning behind it is the fact that his Demon power "Awakened" Within him at a certain time. Its like the Dna,powers and just essence of the one before you coming alive. How do creatures know how to act when they are born? Instinct. I saw it as something like that.

I dont want to Derail this thread to much by talking about something I cant prove haha. We all have are thoughts on the matter and thats what makes the situation unique.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well my reasoning behind it is the fact that his Demon power "Awakened" Within him at a certain time. Its like the Dna,powers and just essence of the one before you coming alive. How do creatures know how to act when they are born? Instinct. I saw it as something like that.

I dont want to Derail this thread to much by talking about something I cant prove haha. We all have are thoughts on the matter and thats what makes the situation unique.
I go with Vergil residing in Nero's Devil Bringer it would make since him being able to fix Yamato, quoting Vergil, and his DT resembling Nelo Angelo. It could also be why Dante let Nero hang onto the Yamato, he could tell something was different with Nero and that he should let Nero keep it.

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
I go with Vergil residing in Nero's Devil Bringer it would make since him being able to fix Yamato, quoting Vergil, and his DT resembling Nelo Angelo. It could also be why Dante let Nero hang onto the Yamato, he could tell something was different with Nero and that he should let Nero keep it.
That was the other theory I really liked. Out of all of them it makes the most sense but I just really like the idea of Nero being Vergils son haha. I really wish they would tell us >.> . I feel we will never get an answer now with this damn reboot.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That was the other theory I really liked. Out of all of them it makes the most sense but I just really like the idea of Nero being Vergils son haha. I really wish they would tell us >.> . I feel we will never get an answer now with this damn reboot.
My main question is if Vergils the father then whose the mother because I hate the idea in Deadly Fortune that it was some random stripper named whatever grr also if Vergil came back in DMC5 would you want him to have long hair or the same short hair style from 3?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My main question is if Vergils the father then whose the mother because I hate the idea in Deadly Fortune that it was some random stripper named whatever grr also if Vergil came back in DMC5 would you want him to have long hair or the same short hair style from 3?
to be fair, that's just Sanctus's assumption.

If Vergil actually is Nero's dad, than nero's mom isn't just a normal human being, she might be another half breed. Since Vergil despises his humanity, i dont see him shacking up with an ordinary human being.

On topic- I dislike his character because the writers didnt give him anything to balance his playfulness so he became one-note and unappealing to me.

He wasnt a person, just an action figure to me.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
to be fair, that's just Sanctus's assumption.

If Vergil actually is Nero's dad, than nero's mom isn't just a normal human being, she might be another half breed. Since Vergil despises his humanity, i dont see him shacking up with an ordinary human being.

On topic- I dislike his character because the writers didnt give him anything to balance his playfulness so he became one-note and unappealing to me.

He wasnt a person, just an action figure to me.
Either way i've never liked the idea of Vergil being Nero's father. Dante to me was enjoyable but his motivation and attitude to the whole situation i hated. "Oh hey look lots of people are dying....well better go **** around until Nero or some random Demon shows up" I mean really come on give some motivation i really think if Vergil was connected to the order some how Dante would be alot more motivated.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Either way i've never liked the idea of Vergil being Nero's father. Dante to me was enjoyable but his motivation and attitude to the whole situation i hated. "Oh hey look lots of people are dying....well better go **** around until Nero or some random Demon shows up" I mean really come on give some motivation i really think if Vergil was connected to the order some how Dante would be alot more motivated.
Vergil doesnt have to be his dad as Sanctus just assumed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom