• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody still call the reboot Dante "emo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
@Kam

I think the presentation of the scene is what lead it to be "emo"

If we redo the scene as a cinematic from Dante's perspective ( like a first person view) then we would have gotten a better look and formed a different opinion.
All that is just visuals, which has very little to do with why this scene is considered emo.

Recapping, he's trying to stick his finger into his chest, and monologuing about how he can't feel pain (while screaming in pain) because he's been exposed to so much violence and hurt at the hands of authority that he doesn't know if he can be considered a human or to have feelings any more.

Shifting the camera angle to look at dante in the mirror head on, instead of over the shoulder, would do absolutely nothing to change the insane levels of angst present in that scene.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
@Kam, @The Final Offer and @Zer0 - seriously, this has gone on long enough. The three of you are on your final warning for this nonsense you all insist on bringing to the boards. I don't want to temp ban anyone but I am so sick of the endless list of reports made against all of you from other members who just want to have one thread that isn't a big argument between the three of you.

It ends now, please. Thank you.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
if red bright cot, smooth hair, cowboy boots and smooth talker isn't emo and cool shabby worn out jacket, practical hair, jeans and military boots is emo, well i'd rather be an emo then

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
if red bright cot, smooth hair, cowboy boots and smooth talker isn't emo and cool shabby worn out jacket, practical hair, jeans and military boots is emo, well i'd rather be an emo then
Practical like dirty unwashed hair sticking in all sides and punkish boots?

Viper

Premium
Bright red clothes, cowboy boots and smooth talk are definitely not emo, emos are into really dark clothing, lots of eyeliner, black hair... kinda like goths, only much whinier, acting depressed and sometimes being into cutting oneself.
By that definition, reboot Dante ain't emo either, except some of the promotional images gave off the emo vibe.

ps. definition of cool is subjective

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
ps. definition of cool is subjective

ps. it was my opinion, hence subjectivity..

Practical like dirty unwashed hair sticking in all sides and punkish boots?

lives in a trailer like a bumb, dirty cabin, loner, unwashed hair fits the story well, unlike going to the salon or laundry before doing some slaying

Am I the only one who liked every Dante's looks? I think each one fits the mood of the game he's in.

personally disliked designs on 4, dante's and nero's clothes, that old dude leading the order, loved the other series, especially DMC 2's Dante, in the artworks at least

DMC4 Dante is a cowboy who can ride me any time! :tongue:

Again, definition of cool is subjective.

ps. being riden-rode-what was the past for that again? by a dude is subjective

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
lives in a trailer like a bumb, dirty cabin, loner, unwashed hair fits the story well, unlike going to the salon or laundry before doing some slaying
It fits story, but it still left impression that he's one person I would personally wouldn't want to get near of, alone because of the smell

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Kat smelled worse things in her life

Yeah... squirrel semen.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom