• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody still call the reboot Dante "emo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''Stupid children of the fanbase say this cause his hair was black.''

...It never ends, this 'argument', does it? It's not about Dante's hair! Yes, some of the first backlash against Dante was due to his appearance (and not just his hair btw). That was simply a complaint from a minority of people who didn't like the overhaul in Dante's appearance... and you know what, they have every right to hate it. If you don't like how a character looks, that's just how it is. And people can voice their opinion about it if they want -- I really don't understand why everything is considered 'hating' nowadays. I'm so sick of that childish, derogatory word. Besides, it's not like DmC's unpopularity was only due to Dante's look. There's so many more people who *did* like how DmC Dante looked, so why whine about the few who didn't?

There are so many reasons not to like DmC Dante. But what it often comes down to, is that many people hate him because he isn't their cup of tea. He acts like kind of a d*ck, doesn't care (was only surprised) that Vergil murders a demon and her unborn child, (and letting the child's death sink in) who still both have the right to live or at least not suffer much. And then he let the humans get overrun by demons at the end of the game, not helping in any way.
He's also arrogant in a smug way, unlike the old Dante who was arrogant in a confident 'I know I can beat you' kind of way. New Dante apparently thinks his name means anything: ''my name, by the way, is Dante!'' ''You can call me Dante the demon killer''. It's like he's constantly saying ''am I cool yet?!'' At least old Dante actually showed he was cool through his actions, and didn't really care about his own achievements. He was simply himself. He just... was.

Face it, there's people who just don't like certain characters. I know you think new Dante and DmC are almost beyond criticism (and each time somebody criticizes them, people see it as bashing and try to 'counter-bash'), but this is how many people (even non-fans) feel about DaNTe. Just like many of you might hate Cereza or Raiden, others hate DmC Dante.

Now on to the topic, I don't see how new Dante is emo. That said, he does have a few scenes - one with a sad piano on the background, and one where he tries to see if he still has a heart (yeah, because your physical heart determines your emotions o_O) - which did strike me as emo, in the sense that they're emotionally contrived and melodramatic. Those scenes felt like they should've been cut -- that, or the writing is just all over the place.

The Final Offer

Emo huh....

Raven_Teen_Titans_Go.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Now we're getting into bullsh!t territory with DMC4 Dante.

@Vergilius a stripper? LMAO?! If you look for a "stripper", look at DMC3 shirtless Dante or DmC "I'm going to open the door naked" Dante, LOL

In DMC4, his outfit is alright (a mixture of DMC3 and 2, except for those things on the legs, I don't know what they're called) and in no way he acts like a "stripper" (again, LMAO). I understand the will of throwing sh!t for "revenge" against a character you don't like cause the same has happened (and is still happening) to new Dante, which you like, but too much is too much. And in this way, you're acting just as the new Dante haters, amd it's not a good thing you know.
Yeah, @Chancey289 I'm looking at you. In another thread you said that those who called new Dante "Donte" or "DINO" are, quote on quote, "big childish babies". I agree with you. Then why you act the same way as them now, if you have that opinion on those people?

Enough with this ping pong of hate phrases already.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I was saying long ago. All those who spread all these haters talks turned into outright haters themselves >_>

True. Here, we got a saying: "Chi va con lo zoppo impara a zoppicare"
I don't know how it is in English, I found this on Google: "If you sleep with dogs you'll wake up with fleas"
English speakers may correct me.

Meaning that if you use to stay with someone with a bad habit, you start to act like him.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't know how it is in English, I found this on Google: "If you sleep with dogs you'll wake up with fleas"

Meaning that if you use to stay with someone with a bad habit, you start to act like him.
Sounds about right about current situations >_>

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i have nothing against new dante kinda liked him in fact amd like the game too , my only beef was the gameplay combat etc on console it just felt inferior to 4 on console and pc but that isn't to say it is bad it is actually a.fantastic combat system i just prefer 4 way more and think it is better. There shouldn't be sides on this i like both series i just prefer the classic.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

oh wow, so wrong, actually, what we cool people do is to let haters see themselves from their own pov, purty nice sight ain't it?

''Stupid children of the fanbase say this cause his hair was black.''

...It never ends, this 'argument', does it? It's not about Dante's hair! Yes, some of the first backlash against Dante was due to his appearance (and not just his hair btw). That was simply a complaint from a minority of people who didn't like the overhaul in Dante's appearance... and you know what, they have every right to hate it. If you don't like how a character looks, that's just how it is. And people can voice their opinion about it if they want -- I really don't understand why everything is considered 'hating' nowadays. I'm so sick of that childish, derogatory word. Besides, it's not like DmC's unpopularity was only due to Dante's look. There's so many more people who *did* like how DmC Dante looked, so why whine about the few who didn't?

There are so many reasons not to like DmC Dante. But what it often comes down to, is that many people hate him because he isn't their cup of tea. He acts like kind of a d*ck, doesn't care (was only surprised) that Vergil murders a demon and her unborn child, (and letting the child's death sink in) who still both have the right to live or at least not suffer much. And then he let the humans get overrun by demons at the end of the game, not helping in any way.
He's also arrogant in a smug way, unlike the old Dante who was arrogant in a confident 'I know I can beat you' kind of way. New Dante apparently thinks his name means anything: ''my name, by the way, is Dante!'' ''You can call me Dante the demon killer''. It's like he's constantly saying ''am I cool yet?!'' At least old Dante actually showed he was cool through his actions, and didn't really care about his own achievements. He was simply himself. He just... was.

Face it, there's people who just don't like certain characters. I know you think new Dante and DmC are almost beyond criticism (and each time somebody criticizes them, people see it as bashing and try to 'counter-bash'), but this is how many people (even non-fans) feel about DaNTe. Just like many of you might hate Cereza or Raiden, others hate DmC Dante.

Now on to the topic, I don't see how new Dante is emo. That said, he does have a few scenes - one with a sad piano on the background, and one where he tries to see if he still has a heart (yeah, because your physical heart determines your emotions o_O) - which did strike me as emo, in the sense that they're emotionally contrived and melodramatic. Those scenes felt like they should've been cut -- that, or the writing is just all over the place.

KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. eeeeeeeek, ofc, compared to lost memories of parents, that lovey dovey thingy ain't emotionally contrived and melodramatic or that emo thing

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
oh wow, so wrong, actually, what we cool people do is to let haters see themselves from their own pov, purty nice sight ain't it?

I was expecting an answer like this. You still act like them. Quite hypocritical to judge haters and then adopting their own behavior.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
no you didn't, it's just too purty of a sight it blinds eh?

Yes I did. And why would that "wonderful sight" blind me? I'm no DmC hater. I've made clear in other threads that I enjoyed both originals and reboot (though I prefer the originals), and I would like both to continue. Yeah, utopia, I know...

As for the ping pong... yeah, let's drop the ball then, before the mods decide to make us do that by force.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Yes I did. And why would that "wonderful sight" blind me? I'm no DmC hater. I've made clear in other threads that I enjoyed both originals and reboot (though I prefer the originals), and I would like both to continue. Yeah, utopia, I know...

As for the ping pong... yeah, let's drop the ball then, before the mods decide to make us do that by force.

Darn, the force is strong in that post.. leave my take i'll young padawan

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
ps. it was my opinion, hence subjectivity..

lives in a trailer like a bumb, dirty cabin, loner, unwashed hair fits the story well, unlike going to the salon or laundry before doing some slaying
I don't think Dante keeps his hair unwashed and stuff. Sure he scrapped of the nearest wifebeater when the hunter came, but I'd like to think he has good hygiene because he does attract the attention of a lot of women. He's not a bad looking guy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom