• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody still call the reboot Dante "emo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
He got stabbed in a street fight and wondered why he didn't die right away. he then opened his chest to see if his heart was really still beating after it was stabbed.
Well 90% of thinking creatures will try to close the wound. Well there is of course some strange folks that gonna try to rip it even wider, for some strange weirdo purposes :/

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
How did the people respond to that?

I got into DmC in 2013, so I missed all the drama that happened after the announcement.

Hi :)

Sorry what I meant was in my opinion it didn't come across like Dante was gay or bisexual in DmC.

To be honest people just like to throw the word gay around like it's a new insult or swear word -.-

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I find the whole "emo accusation" hilarious because it's almost solid proof that the accuser hasn't touched the game, especially given how hot-blooded and carefree Dante acts for most of the game.

By that logic, people probably would've thought DMC1 or DMC2 Dante were dark and brooding by the way they're depicted on their respective covers.

Captain Xin

Dante's hair in DMC 3 looked pretty 'emo' in my opinion. I'm 'emo' or what you might class as one. I see DmC Dante as more of a rebellious punk brat.
I liked his hair in DMC3 back in the day when I was a t high school kid, but not so long ago I just viewed that as one of those haircuts those K-POP clone army would use.

It's actually looks pretty awesome now that I rethink of it, Although I would NEVER ask a barbershop to pot that on my head.

Guess I just got a little sick of these Japanese tropes.

Captain Xin

Back to topic, sadly, there probably will still be people calling this game "emo" as a whole. because I'll be honest, the background story of this game is what made me delayed about 3 to 4 months to get my hand on this game.

But then I ignored those ugly internet memes and rants and get my hand onto the game.

And I love it. Sure it got some hiccup here and there, but I would still recommend this to whoever interested in this kinds of action games. Because I'm having a blast with it, and nothing on the internet has changed my mind since the day I bought it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't think he himself is, strictly speaking, but he does do some really emo things here and there.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't think he himself is, strictly speaking, but he does do some really emo things here and there.

The only things I could think were emo of him would be him opening his chest, and at the end of the game, saying "I don't know who I am anymore."

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The only things I could think were emo of him would be him opening his chest, and at the end of the game, saying "I don't know who I am anymore."
I think the scene at the end was to show how unsettled, even marginally frightened Dante was when he realized how powerful his demonic urges were, and how close he came to outright slaughtering Vergil in cold blood.

But the chest-opening from the flashbacks...I want to believe that whole street fight theory posted earlier, because otherwise, that moment was excessively emo and needlessly edgy.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I liked his hair in DMC3 back in the day when I was a t high school kid, but not so long ago I just viewed that as one of those haircuts those K-POP clone army would use.

It's actually looks pretty awesome now that I rethink of it, Although I would NEVER ask a barbershop to pot that on my head.

Guess I just got a little sick of these Japanese tropes.

Hahaha yeah I wouldn't ask a barber that kind of haircut too, as much as it fits in the old saga. But I wouldn't ask for new Dante's hair as well. Maybe the only "acceptable" one is new Vergil's... and Mundus's, why not? LOL

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Hahaha yeah I wouldn't ask a barber that kind of haircut too, as much as it fits in the old saga. But I wouldn't ask for new Dante's hair as well. Maybe the only "acceptable" one is new Vergil's... and Mundus's, why not? LOL

I wonder if a "die hard fan" of DMC3, when hearing about the reboot, got Old Dante's haircut and was like "dis is meh showing that i'm a true fan!!1!111"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I thought Dante being emo had died out after they released more images of him.

Personally, I don't think he's emo anyway, and I don't like how emo is being used as an insult. But, anyway, he doesn't seem to be a stereotypical emo. Dante is just Dante.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I thought Dante being emo had died out after they released more images of him.

Personally, I don't think he's emo anyway, and I don't like how emo is being used as an insult. But, anyway, he doesn't seem to be a stereotypical emo. Dante is just Dante.

In the reboot, he felt like the exact same guy, just with swearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom