• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Carlos
That is tremendously different. Those are huge, huge, games in the middle of development and others were a matter of location, extenuating circumstances or are no longer in delay. DMC5 is a complete title and if it wasn't it wouldn't be getting a nov. 12 release. It's not a viral issue for completion. There's also the fact that all of the launch titles for PS5 have physical releases so it's not a matter of publishing on disc, either. Delaye? Looks like it. A year, though? Let's bet on it. I think it'll be out, physically, before the end of the year. You say it'll be delayed maybe even two years. If it's not out before 2020 ends I lose, if so, I win. Winner gets to say 'told you so.'

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
DMC5: Special Edition will be streamed at Tokyo Game Show on Sunday September 27th at 9pm JST. An English interpretation will be available at https://twitch.tv/capcomusa

That's it, we will probably see gameplay here and other stuff....

Also it's confirmed ray tracing will only be available at launch on ps5 because they have an exclusive agreement whit Sony, xbox series x will not have that and will come at a later date whit an update , this will probably mark the release of the physical edition too...
Also the box art of the physical game is already out so it only a matter of time before the game will be released physically

Goldsickle

But there isn't like a "rival" to his abilities.
Doesn't necessarily have to be a "rival".
Just some boss that is exclusive to Vergil's campaign, to keep his story mode fresh.
"Just a boss you face along the way" is something I'm fine with but if they manage to create a good story for the encounter, that'd be a bonus.

Regarding a physical version of DMC5:SE, I hope they don't randomly shoehorn in some weird J-pop music out of nowhere.
If you buy a physical copy of DMC4:SE, it's only available in Japan and that version has L'Arc-en-Ciel's "Drink It Down" playing for every boss encounter in Bloody Palace and in some random floors.
It also replaces the intro music.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
The lack of new weapons is not what worries me, but the small moveset option.

Which is why I'd rather they give him either secondary attack, or different Yamato stances (Two handed, Yamato + Sheathe dual wield combo or that giant summoned sword in DT SSS rank).

HCa3rbw.png

Where's Yamato combo D? This could be a reskinned Force Edge Combo A
Or Lock On + Back + Forward + Y? Could this be that Boss Stinger move (STAND STILL!)?
Helm Breaker will be (mid air) Lock On + Back + Y, so I guess that Drop Kick move (Starfall without Beowuf?) he does during Arkham boss in DMC3 might be (mid air) Lock On + Forward + Y, same as Nero's Payline.
Vergil should also do mid air rapid slash with (mid air) Lock On + Back + Forward + Y cause why not?

You could apply all these button inputs unto secondary attack, as reskinned Yamato attacks. Squeezing in the remaining movesets from Beowulf and Force edge on Circle/B button.

If it's just gonna be the Yamato moveset with all of Red Queen button input, then Vergill will be lacking depth like DMC4 Nero did. Heck DMC5 Nero had 2 timing based mechanics (Exceed and Bringer Knuckle), that alone is some skill ceiling! So maybe give something similar to Vergil? I know there's this divisive concentration meter.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Am I the only person still weirded out by vergils face

He looks years younger than dante, even though they are twins and vergil was walking around at near death for a while
Well that's actually a bit true to life. As identical twins living in different conditions will start to look different when they're older.

Also to me, Vergil just looks more cleaned up then Dante. Dante's bearded and has longer and messier hair (after being knocked out cold for a month) while Vergil when we get a clear look at him is freashly reformed. I've seen videos where people used mods to get rid of Dante's beard and it had the effect of making him look younger, while likewise adding one to Vergil and making him look older.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya I get that and all @AgentRedgrave , but even in the cutscenes where dante bas no beard and his hair is shorter

Vergil still looks younger by quite a bit, so much so he could pass for closer to a only few years older than nero

At least to me anyway

Dominus

The lack of new weapons is not what worries me, but the small moveset option.

Which is why I'd rather they give him either secondary attack, or different Yamato stances (Two handed, Yamato + Sheathe dual wield combo or that giant summoned sword in DT SSS rank).

Where's Yamato combo D? This could be a reskinned Force Edge Combo A
Or Lock On + Back + Forward + Y? Could this be that Boss Stinger move (STAND STILL!)?
Helm Breaker will be (mid air) Lock On + Back + Y, so I guess that Drop Kick move (Starfall without Beowuf?) he does during Arkham boss in DMC3 might be (mid air) Lock On + Forward + Y, same as Nero's Payline.
Vergil should also do mid air rapid slash with (mid air) Lock On + Back + Forward + Y cause why not?

You could apply all these button inputs unto secondary attack, as reskinned Yamato attacks. Squeezing in the remaining movesets from Beowulf and Force edge on Circle/B button.

If it's just gonna be the Yamato moveset with all of Red Queen button input, then Vergill will be lacking depth like DMC4 Nero did. Heck DMC5 Nero had 2 timing based mechanics (Exceed and Bringer Knuckle), that alone is some skill ceiling! So maybe give something similar to Vergil? I know there's this divisive concentration meter.

Yah for me it's all about options, so if they somehow give Vergil a ton of options without beowolf than fine. I could ****s with a two handed move set though. My fear is they will be like "V-trigger, Doppleganger, and Concentration makes things complex!" when Dante has the whole kitchen sink and then some. I don't expect Dante levels of complexity, but give me at least Nero.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I think I'll just wait for the official one for tomorrow
This is actually the official one, it was taken from Spotify since due to time differences in the world it's already available, but i did here only 30 second than i decided that i wil listen it tomorrow on Spotify while having a bath

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Ya I get that and all @AgentRedgrave , but even in the cutscenes where dante bas no beard and his hair is shorter

Vergil still looks younger by quite a bit, so much so he could pass for closer to a only few years older than nero

At least to me anyway
I'm guessing the issue is that despite Vergil going through a never-ending series of traumas including near-death experiences if not actual death, he just comes out of the other end looking like a poor man's James Franco while Dante the more carefree twin looks like a hobo, when for all intents and purposes their physical conditions should have flipped because Vergil has never had an actual moment of peace and he's been in Hell or a not-yet-dead state for an extended amount of time, and its not like he has easy access to a personal hair stylist + makeup artist + tailor. But he does. Somehow.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Suppose to look ugly sweetie.

Lilith, maybe. The other two and... the whole game for that matter, just suffer from the notoriously crappy Unreal Engine face animation capabilities. In comparison, even with their uncanny valley effect and and the occasional rare shot, DMC5 looks like it's made by Donatello.

Top Bottom