• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I'm actually happy this special edition is coming out, because it brought me back to the forum after almost 2 years, but i will not buy it at launch because i want the physical edition, but I'm excited nonetheless... Also i feel they will add some costume for vergil

Goldsickle

I feel like it's disappointing how Vergil still doesn't look like he'll get his own story campaign.
Not only they gave Vergil his own story in DmC but they included some unique enemies for his campaign, even if it only lasts for 6 chapters.

In DMCV, some of the characters have their own unique boss fights, like how V gets to fight Nidhogg and Elder Geryon Knight, while Nero fights the Qlipoth Root and Gilgamesh.
I'd like it if Vergil also has his own unique boss, to add some depth to his playthrough.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Am I the only person still weirded out by vergils face

He looks years younger than dante, even though they are twins and vergil was walking around at near death for a while

Anyway besides that, I will play it before I decide my thoughts

I loved playing as vergil in 4se, so if they expand on that move set I will be happy

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I loved playing as vergil in 4se, so if they expand on that move set I will be happy

Heh, from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't even count on that, aside from that V cameo move or whatever. Literally looks like the current Vergil mod on PC plus V and Doppelganger.

Honestly this feels like most of the budget and time went into the coding and implementation of RTX. Such a shame that they decided to focus on ultimately frivolous amenities rather than actual substantial stuff like new levels for Vergil, costumes, full coop or playable Trish and Lady, at least to match 4SE if nothing else.
But I guess that's the price to pay to be a AAA new gen launch title, you basically just exist to show off pumped up graphics and little more.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm actually happy this special edition is coming out, because it brought me back to the forum after almost 2 years, but i will not buy it at launch because i want the physical edition, but I'm excited nonetheless... Also i feel they will add some costume for vergil
You're gonna have to wait a year or two for that. Or never. We're still in a pandemic.

Vergil95

You're gonna have to wait a year or two for that. Or never. We're still in a pandemic.
In my country the videogame store are all opened fortunately, Infact I'm buying physical game both on Amazon, eBay and store in my city no problem for like 3 month now

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I feel like it's disappointing how Vergil still doesn't look like he'll get his own story campaign.
Not only they gave Vergil his own story in DmC but they included some unique enemies for his campaign, even if it only lasts for 6 chapters.

In DMCV, some of the characters have their own unique boss fights, like how V gets to fight Nidhogg and Elder Geryon Knight, while Nero fights the Qlipoth Root and Gilgamesh.
I'd like it if Vergil also has his own unique boss, to add some depth to his playthrough.
But there isn't like a "rival" to his abilities. V's story makes complete sense. First you lose yourself (vergil pre-V), then you stab yourself to separate the demons from yourself (Urizen/Nidhogg and Elder Geryon Knight) to become "V", as V you fight both Nidhogg and Elder Geryon Knight, then proceed to absorb Urizen in alternate hell. We've already seen Dante Vs Vergil many times at this point. We saw Devil Trigger Dante Vs Urizen, Devil Sin Trigger vs Urizen. How are they going to accomplish your idea...?
In my country the videogame store are all opened fortunately, Infact I'm buying physical game both on Amazon, eBay and store in my city no problem for like 3 month now
Thing is, though, Capcom has to deal with multiple issues regarding distribution, publishing, and other import issues. To get the disc to YOU, they have to go through import regulations with publishing the discs, and distributing it through retailers. Why do you think prices are high at the moment? It's not just because of development, it's obvious why. Say all you want about "corporations just want to make money," but we're still in a pandemic. Sony just announced that they're shipping PS5's via air freight. Costs more money, but they'll take the loss. However, Capcom isn't a company that can afford losses, they just came out of the red.

Last edited:

Vergil95

But there isn't like a "rival" to his abilities. V's story makes complete sense. First you lose yourself (vergil pre-V), then you stab yourself to separate the demons from yourself (Urizen/Nidhogg and Elder Geryon Knight) to become "V", as V you fight both Nidhogg and Elder Geryon Knight, then proceed to absorb Urizen in alternate hell. We've already seen Dante Vs Vergil many times at this point. We saw Devil Trigger Dante Vs Urizen, Devil Sin Trigger vs Urizen. How are they going to accomplish your idea...?

Thing is, though, Capcom has to deal with multiple issues regarding distribution, publishing, and other import issues. To get the disc to YOU, they have to go through import regulations with publishing the discs, and distributing it through retailers. Why do you think prices are high at the moment? It's not just because of development, it's obvious why. Say all you want about "corporations just want to make money," but we're still in a pandemic. Sony just announced that they're shipping PS5's via air freight. Costs more money, but they'll take the loss. However, Capcom isn't a company that can afford losses, they just came out of the red.
Still, i buyed every game in the last month no problem, Capcom and other company are shipping game worldwide no problem, i buyed ghost of tsushima, the last of us 2 collectors, resident evil 3 collector's whit no problem, there are country that are probably having issue but mine fortunately now is not one of them

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dude, go up the thread. I posted a link to pre order the game. I've bought several games over the pandemic. I'm picking up 13 Sentinels on tuesday. Manufacturing has started up and stores are open. A delay, I suppose, but one of a year or two? That's a lot of doom and gloom.

Vergil95

Dude, go up the thread. I posted a link to pre order the game. I've bought several games over the pandemic. I'm picking up 13 Sentinels on tuesday. Manufacturing has started up and stores are open. A delay, I suppose, but one of a year or two? That's a lot of doom and gloom.
Also game like demon soul, spider man miles morales and other game will be available at launch no problem for ps5

Dmc 5 se is just being delayed because it received the same treatment that wss given to dmc 4 se, digital first and probably before December the physical one, thats all its not a pandemic thing @Carlos

Last edited:

Dominus

Heh, from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't even count on that, aside from that V cameo move or whatever. Literally looks like the current Vergil mod on PC plus V and Doppelganger.

Honestly this feels like most of the budget and time went into the coding and implementation of RTX. Such a shame that they decided to focus on ultimately frivolous amenities rather than actual substantial stuff like new levels for Vergil, costumes, full coop or playable Trish and Lady, at least to match 4SE if nothing else.
But I guess that's the price to pay to be a AAA new gen launch title, you basically just exist to show off pumped up graphics and little more.
Yah it is super disappointing. Itsuno seems to be directing this as well, so you think we'd want at least what we got in 4SE. Hell if we don't get any more weapons for Vergil he might be the most basic version of Vergil yet (https://www.asia.capcom.com/tgs/en/) :
Development team hosts
Matthew Walker- Producer
Hideaki Itsuno - Director
Junya Kumabe - Main Planner

Vergil95

Yah it is super disappointing. Itsuno seems to be directing this as well, so you think we'd want at least what we got in 4SE. Hell if we don't get any more weapons for Vergil he might be the most basic version of Vergil yet (https://www.asia.capcom.com/tgs/en/) :
Development team hosts
Matthew Walker- Producer
Hideaki Itsuno - Director
Junya Kumabe - Main Planner
I think we should wait for a vergil gameplay to judje it, the trailer didn't show almost anything

Dominus

I think we should wait for a vergil gameplay to judje it, the trailer didn't show almost anything
I mean I highly doubt it, here's the reveal trailer for DMC4:SE where they showed off Lady, Trish, and Vergil with all his weapons. Granted they didn't hype up turbo mode or ldk, but yah:

I know they had like 2 teasers before this, one where Vergil was shown and said "I need more power", and another where Vergil was just walking down the street in Fortuna, but the first trailer with gameplay showed all of Vergil's weapons for DMC4:SE. I mean I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'm tempering my expectations just by how barebones this initial trailer looks.

Vergil95

I mean I highly doubt it, here's the reveal trailer for DMC4:SE where they showed off Lady, Trish, and Vergil with all his weapons. Granted they didn't hype up turbo mode or ldk, but yah:

I know they had like 2 teasers before this, one where Vergil was shown and said "I need more power", and another where Vergil was just walking down the street in Fortuna, but the first trailer with gameplay showed all of Vergil's weapons for DMC4:SE. I mean I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'm tempering my expectations just by how barebones this initial trailer looks.
Even if it's not getting other weapon he wi probably get a lot of move i guess, I'll wit for a gameplay trailer, let's hope

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Also game like demon soul, spider man miles morales and other game will be available at launch no problem for ps5

Dmc 5 se is just being delayed because it received the same treatment that wss given to dmc 4 se, digital first and probably before December the physical one, thats all its not a pandemic thing @Carlos
1. Cyberpunk was delayed twice in one year.
2. Mafia Edition was delayed this year.
3. Call of Duty: MW/Warzone Season 4 was delayed in part due to the pandemic and the George Floyd.
4. Destiny 2 DLC delayed until November.
5. Death Stranding PC delayed until July this year.
6. Final Fantasy 14 delayed because of coronavirus.
Here are some more if you're interested: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/all-the-games-delayed-due-to-coronavirus/1100-6475674/

DMC5SE going digital is obviously due to Coronavirus. All Sony and Microsoft has to do is upload the actual game into their digital stores, and boom. It's released, but physical discs have to go through import regulations, distribution (most publishers are distributors, but vendors that recieve it and ship it out have their own problems.)

I think everyone is misunderstanding me.

Hell, Final Fantasy 7 Remake had a staggered launch due to coronavirus. It still sold well, but most retailers on the other side had issues getting the game.

Last edited:

Vergil95

1. Cyberpunk was delayed twice in one year.
2. Mafia Edition was delayed this year.
3. Call of Duty: MW/Warzone Season 4 was delayed in part due to the pandemic and the George Floyd.
4. Destiny 2 DLC delayed until November.
5. Death Stranding PC delayed until July this year.
6. Final Fantasy 14 delayed because of coronavirus.
Here are some more if you're interested: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/all-the-games-delayed-due-to-coronavirus/1100-6475674/

DMC5SE going digital is obviously due to Coronavirus. All Sony and Microsoft has to do is upload the actual game into their digital stores, and boom. It's released, but physical discs have to go through import regulations, distribution (most publishers are distributors, but vendors that recieve it and ship it out have their own problems.)

I think everyone is misunderstanding me.

Hell, Final Fantasy 7 Remake had a staggered launch due to coronavirus. It still sold well, but most retailers on the other side had issues getting the game.
1: cyberpunk was delayed not because of corona virus but because they need more time to develop it lol they say it pretty clear in they're communication, i can confirm this for at least two time it was delayed, i don't know if it was delayed a third time to corona virus
2: true
3: it was delayed because of George floyd not because of pandemic, it's a update lol pandemic don't even touch it, it was ready to be released, but when the George floyd incident accoured they delayed it, and was delayed just for a week nothing more
4: true
5: true
6: don't have a clue

Dmc 5 se is not being delayed because of Corona virus but because they simply decided to sell it digitally first like dmc 4 se, Infact the game will be available physically in Japan just like dmc 4 se
If it was for corona virus they would have say it

Game like ff 7 remake, the last of us 2 and ghost of tsushima sold more than 5 milion copies in a week whitout any problem in the middle of the pandemic and more than half of this copies where physical...

The pandemic is obviously giving problem to everything in the world but things are trying to restart, and like I says before in my country there is no problem getting phisical copies of game, i got ghost of tsushima, the last of us 2, avengers ecc on day one no problem since they don't have shipping problem right now

berto

I Saw the Devil
DMC5: Special Edition will be streamed at Tokyo Game Show on Sunday September 27th at 9pm JST. An English interpretation will be available at https://twitch.tv/capcomusa

Top Bottom