• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

berto

I Saw the Devil
DmC left its mark by having Doppelganger as Vergil's Devil Trigger ability.
Yeah, I was thinking about that and I really didn't like it. Vergil losing his standard DT in favor of a DmC reference doesn't sit well with me. If they make it a seperate style, that's one thing, but as a replacement, that's no bueno.

- the "Lady Night" DLC rumors ?
confirmed.png

It's impressive how everyone are complaining about this special edition by saying, only digital? Only vergil and nothing else?

Really guys? Some month ago you were all crying for a special edition and now that it's been revealed the only things you can do is complain lol
I can honestly say I wasn't clamoring for one, buy you are right but also wrong. It's more than just being digital only and only having the basic addition of Vergil and the other modes. It's about the price tag. When people thought DMC4SE was going to cost $40 people had the same reaction but when the final cost turned out to be $20 everyone eased off of it, it was a fair price, but $40s for a digital game? A re-release? Nah, homie. Not if I can't hold it.

I have a feeling there's going to be a "Definitive Edition" down the line to complete this entire digital plan Capcom has going. The final Edition is going to be physical.

I mean, THIS IS Capcom we're talking about, here.
If I were Capcom, I'd release it all as an anthology. They already have the bait for 3 with the Freestyle version on the Switch DMC

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They should have doppelganger be part of the dark slayer style or a style of its own

Rather than related to dt only

Goldsickle

Vergil losing his standard DT in favor of a DmC reference doesn't sit well with me.
It looks more like a "Devil Trigger-exclusive" ability, kinda like Air Raid or Showdown.

Vergil can Devil Trigger but whether he activates the Doppelganger or not seems to be a special command, possibly an input where you press Sword + Style simultaneously.

Hungry Alien

They should have doppelganger be part of the dark slayer style or a style of its own

They should give Vergil his own set of style. He is Dante twins and has already one style, giving him more while making him a little different from Dante would be so dope

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
If I were Capcom, I'd release it all as an anthology. They already have the bait for 3 with the Freestyle version on the Switch DMC
Well, here's the thing, DMC5 was obviously shipped incomplete. You could see lag on one of the levels (the long tube), PS4 could handle all the action, but not with online enabled. They also omitted multiplayer - remember that? There was a rumor going around that Bloody Palace was going to have multiplayer, but I guess it was gutted during final phases of development.

So, when I look at DMCSE, I see they're adding more modes to the existing package. I said "multiplayer" to the horde mode. If PS5 can push that many enemies onscreen at once, there's NO EXCUSE why there shouldn't be multiplayer.

I have a feeling that they're building up to a complete edition to sell physical. Most games are currently $70, sometimes $60, but Miles Morales is $40 because it's basically a Spiderman expansion, not a full sequel.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
They should give Vergil his own set of style. He is Dante twins and has already one style, giving him more while making him a little different from Dante would be so dope
Nhaaa, vergil it's ok the way it is, every character his unique

Dante is specialized in styles

Nero is specialized in harms

V is specialized in summoning

Vergil is specialized in increasing his concentration gauge, speed and teleportation

No need to have another dante in my opinion

Well, here's the thing, DMC5 was obviously shipped incomplete. You could see lag on one of the levels (the long tube), PS4 could handle all the action, but not with online enabled. They also omitted multiplayer - remember that? There was a rumor going around that Bloody Palace was going to have multiplayer, but I guess it was gutted during final phases of development.

So, when I look at DMCSE, I see they're adding more modes to the existing package. I said "multiplayer" to the horde mode. If PS5 can push that many enemies onscreen at once, there's NO EXCUSE why there shouldn't be multiplayer.

I have a feeling that they're building up to a complete edition to sell physical. Most games are currently $70, sometimes $60, but Miles Morales is $40 because it's basically a Spiderman expansion, not a full sequel.
Incomplete? Dmc 5 is the most complete game I've seen since years, online lag exist in every game lol also that multiplayer mode was just rumor, 99% of rumors are always fake, a game should be incomplete because of this? Really

What are you talking about? Miles morales standard edition is 60 dollar on ps5, and the ultimate edition is 80 dollar

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
It looks more like a "Devil Trigger-exclusive" ability, kinda like Air Raid or Showdown.
Except that in all the footage we've seen Vergil has not been shown in DT, only Sin. Even with DPG summon, there is no DT form.

That's what I'm saying.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Incomplete? Dmc 5 is the most complete game I've seen since years, online lag exist in every game lol also that multiplayer mode was just rumor, 99% of rumors are always fake, a game should be incomplete because of this? Really
Take that rose-colored glasses off, and honestly tell me it's "complete." I love DMC5, but even the hardcore DMC fan in me finds some flaws.
What are you talking about? Miles morales standard edition is 60 dollar on ps5, and the ultimate edition is 80 dollar
Straight from PlayStation's blog post...
  • Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99(RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99(RRP)
Okay, so it's $50, but still not the full $60 experience. That Ultimate Edition is nuts.

Vergil95

Take that rose-colored glasses off, and honestly tell me it's "complete." I love DMC5, but even the hardcore DMC fan in me finds some flaws.

Straight from PlayStation's blog post...
  • Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99(RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99(RRP)
Okay, so it's $50, but still not the full $60 experience. That Ultimate Edition is nuts.
Find me a game that didn't have flaws lol just because a game have flaws dosent mean its incomplete, incomplete is when whole level are missing or cut like resident evil 3 remake or metal gear solid v phantom pain
Flaws don't make a game incomplete, every game that was ever made have flaws

In my country miles morales price is 60 euro that's why i thought it was 60 dollar, so in my country the price is higher niceee lol

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya its 60 euro here too

All current gen big games are 70 euro here

Hopefully that won't go to 80 for ps5 and series x on major triple a games

Vergil95

Ya its 60 euro here too

All current gen big games are 70 euro here

Hopefully that won't go to 80 for ps5 and series x on major triple a games
Unfortunately it's already been confirmed that most tripla A game will cost 80 euro, even demon soul remake cost 80 euro, so those call of duty black ops, and one is a remake and another is a cross gen game, imagine tripla A exclusive game like god of war 2, will definitely cost 80
Unfortunately

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh well, I can well afford it but still it's a big ask for some

Especially when the upcoming recession hits

Shame they don't offer the ability to rent games on consoles, like 10 euro for 72 hours kind of deal

I'm still happy to have vergil and ldk

Trish and lady would have been okay , but it won't dampen my experience they aren't there

The ray tracing looks incredible too, can't wait to see that on my lg cx oled

Vergil95

Oh well, I can well afford it but still it's a big ask for some

Especially when the upcoming recession hits

Shame they don't offer the ability to rent games on consoles, like 10 euro for 72 hours kind of deal

I'm still happy to have vergil and ldk

Trish and lady would have been okay , but it won't dampen my experience they aren't there

The ray tracing looks incredible too, can't wait to see that on my lg cx oled
Yeah I'm excited to play whit Ray tracing on, most people probably didn't get the fact that putting Ray tracing in this game mean to rework every lighting and reflection and they put a lot of work to do it

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It completely changes the immersion

I'm excited for it in dmc5 and other games, especially metro exodus as that's having it added for series x and ps5 at some point

Vergil95

It completely changes the immersion

I'm excited for it in dmc5 and other games, especially metro exodus as that's having it added for series x and ps5 at some point
Definitely, when i played dmc 5 on my ps4 the graphic looked amazing especially lighting and reflection , but after seeing the comparison whit Ray tracing on and off it's totally different, the current gen looks so flat, it's impressive how Ray tracing can change immersion completely

Vergil95

I'll be playing it on series x at launch since that's out before ps5

Though I might get it on ps5 too , I like collecting
Unfortunately I'm only going to buy a ps5 but mostly because i have like 100 ps4 games, and of course because I want to play exclusive first party game like God of war... To bad the console is no longer available for pre order, it seems i will get my ps5 whit the second wave in January 2021 lol

i heard there was a Microsoft promotion that give you the Xbox one x whit game pass and ea play at 35 dollars per month for 24 month, if this promotion will arrive in my country i will definitely buy it

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya it gives you gamepass ultimate which covers you for

Xbox live gold
Xbox gamepass console
Xbox gamepass pc
Xcloud for gamepass on android devices tablets smart tvs etc
Ea play which is ea access formerly

And the series s for 24.99 or series x for 34.99 for 2 years

I'n only getting both consoles as I do that every gen , and I get nintendo too and play on pc

I don't see why I should lose out over brand loyalty, when its possible to play everything and not miss out

I'll defo be making time for dmc5 se on series x though, turbo mode and ldk with dante and vergil will be amazing

And 120fps without ray tracing should be nuts in the campaign too

Top Bottom