• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Hungry Alien

Can help but think Capcom have more planned. The trailer only showed Vergil with no new level or anything else than LDK and turbo mode. This seems really short in term of content. What about :
- the "Lady Night" DLC rumors ?
- a campagn for Vergil ?
- new weapons for Vergil ?
- new levels specific for coop ? We only got mission 13 right now, and it is just an empty room

Wait and see I guess

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The trailer only showed Vergil with no new level or anything else than LDK and turbo mode. This seems really short in term of content.

That's nothing new for DMC. Hence why I was expecting Capcom to pull this again with DMC5 eventually from the beginning, if they were ever to release a Special Edition.

Hungry Alien

That's nothing new for DMC. Hence why I was expecting Capcom to pull this again with DMC5 eventually from the beginning, if they were ever to release a Special Edition.
Yes, that's nothing new and I expected that from Capcom too. But DMC 5 isn't in the same spot the others games were for the SE. DMC 3 was the first and adapting Vergil to make him playable was a great step forward at this time. DMC 4 SE came out years after a dead silence for the serie and was most likely a test from Capcom to see if the players still like the serie. DMC 5 is the resurrection of the serie and could really benefit from a better SE to keep the serie moving forward. For now, we only saw Vergil playing in the same level as the cast in the main game, and that's kinda lame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy that we got that SE for DMC 5. But when I saw the trailer, I was like "oh it's DMC 4 SE all over again then... That's cheap"

Erian1Mortal

Premium
LDK and Turbo mode not being officially brought to PC is such a dissapointment...
Like, we have mods, for sure, but it's the same as DmCDE back then, and here I was hoping.
At least Vergil is rumored to only be 5 bucks.
I don't care for raytracing, the game looks good as is, but the modes should've been mandatory.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
It's impressive how everyone are complaining about this special edition by saying, only digital? Only vergil and nothing else?

Really guys? Some month ago you were all crying for a special edition and now that it's been revealed the only things you can do is complain lol

Erian1Mortal

Premium
It's impressive how everyone are complaining about this special edition by saying, only digital? Only vergil and nothing else?

Really guys? Some month ago you were all crying for a special edition and now that it's been revealed the only things you can do is complain lol
The thing is, the whole thing, aside from raytracing (wich is even timed exclusive for ps5, xbox gets it later via patch, pc doesn't get it at all) screams lazyness. DMC4SE had more content than 5SE from what we know so far.
Not to mention that Vergil (aside from that one recycled V move, that was datamined sometime last year) seemingly, again from what we know so far, no new stuff in terms of moves. Like it's the same stuff he has in his boss fight.
The two extra modes not being on pc, wich is just plain weird to me.
No playable Lady, no playable Trish. Those were 4SE. I wouldn't have been surprised to see those two return to the playable cast, but they aren't there.
The whole thing is just super barebones and that's what irks people. Yes we wanted content, but what we've seen so far is not reassuring overall, as most pieces of said content have been in the game for a long time now, they're only polished up and fully usable.

The only thing I'm not complaining about honestly, is the rumored pricepoint for Vergil (around 5 bucks) as that seems fair.

Vergil95

The thing is, the whole thing, aside from raytracing (wich is even timed exclusive for ps5, xbox gets it later via patch, pc doesn't get it at all) screams lazyness. DMC4SE had more content than 5SE from what we know so far.
Not to mention that Vergil (aside from that one recycled V move, that was datamined sometime last year) seemingly, again from what we know so far, no new stuff in terms of moves. Like it's the same stuff he has in his boss fight.
The two extra modes not being on pc, wich is just plain weird to me.
No playable Lady, no playable Trish. Those were 4SE. I wouldn't have been surprised to see those two return to the playable cast, but they aren't there.
The whole thing is just super barebones and that's what irks people. Yes we wanted content, but what we've seen so far is not reassuring overall, as most pieces of said content have been in the game for a long time now, they're only polished up and fully usable.

The only thing I'm not complaining about honestly, is the rumored pricepoint for Vergil (around 5 bucks) as that seems fair.
It's already confirmed that vergil will be available at 5 dollar, also the trailer show new cutscene from vergil perspective, so probably we are getting some story part about vergil, also how can you know vergil dosent have any new move? Nobody played this version yet

Personally I'm glad we are getting this special edition, but people just don't know what they want and can only complain , some month ago everyone where like: i want vergil playableeee, **** you capcom give me vergil and a special edition
Now: I'm not buying this special edition, **** capcom
Wtf? Lol
If you don't like it don't buy it, simple

And to be honest dmc 5 se had the same content as dmc 4 se except for lady and Trish, but the graphical upgrade are more prominent in this special edition than the one from dmc 4 who just took the pc version of the game

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's launching day one on both next gen consoles eh

I'll get it on series x so, since that's out first

Can't wait to play ldk mode with dante

Hungry Alien

It's already confirmed that vergil will be available at 5 dollar, also the trailer show new cutscene from vergil perspective, so probably we are getting some story part about vergil, also how can you know vergil dosent have any new move? Nobody played this version yet

Personally I'm glad we are getting this special edition, but people just don't know what they want and can only complain , some month ago everyone where like: i want vergil playableeee, **** you capcom give me vergil and a special edition
Now: I'm not buying this special edition, **** capcom
Wtf? Lol
If you don't like it don't buy it, simple

And to be honest dmc 5 se had the same content as dmc 4 se except for lady and Trish, but the graphical upgrade are more prominent in this special edition than the one from dmc 4 who just took the pc version of the game

No one actually said anything about "I'm not buying the SE for DMC 5". Ofc we are all gonna get it. But what we saw in the trailer points toward the lazy route for DMC 5 SE. For now, we only have Vergil, Turbo mode (which is already a thing on PC since long time), and Legendary Dark Knight ( no Must Style mode announced btw). Those cutscenes we saw in the trailer seems to be only the beginning and end of DMC 5 story, but from Vergil's eyes.

That means no Vergil campaign confirmed for now (where he could potentially start evolving for real), which also means no new weapons for him announced for now. If Beowulf and Force Edge are announced for him later, it will confirm the lazy route. Sure he got the Doppelganger and that recycled V's move, but it's only stuff coming from the reboot, not actual new features. We got no news for coop mode, but we got a glimpse of Nero and V fighting together in the metro mission, so I guess it work now. But even then, we don't have any mission specially for coop with unique design and features revolving around coop. This could be added with new missions for Vergil alongside new weapons for him.

My bet is that Capcom will reveal more later, because right now, the SE reeks of minimalist work. And the last thing people should do is blindly approve it, it would only encourage Capcom to keep it this way.

Also, I hate this philosophy of "Be happy with what you have and don't you dare complain". People are allowed to give criticism, especially with this. It's like they threw Vergil in and call it a day, and we should just accept it and be happy. It's not DMC 3 or 4 anymore, Vergil can't carry the SE alone today.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Now: "Criticism, in MY paid product? WAAAAAAAHHHH. Don't like it, don't buy it!"

Later when people don't buy it: "Uwaaaaahhhhh, why aren't people buying this and supporting the franchiiiiiise?"

Didn't realize DMC turned into Pokemon, haha.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Some month ago you were all crying for a special edition

People were crying for a substantial Special Edition. They were hoping to finally get Vergil playable, yes, but on his own side campaign. They were hoping for Trish and Lady to be playable. They were hoping for full-on coop. They were hoping for costumes.

Don't oversimplify it by leaving out important context.

Vergil95

No one actually said anything about "I'm not buying the SE for DMC 5". Ofc we are all gonna get it. But what we saw in the trailer points toward the lazy route for DMC 5 SE. For now, we only have Vergil, Turbo mode (which is already a thing on PC since long time), and Legendary Dark Knight ( no Must Style mode announced btw). Those cutscenes we saw in the trailer seems to be only the beginning and end of DMC 5 story, but from Vergil's eyes.

That means no Vergil campaign confirmed for now (where he could potentially start evolving for real), which also means no new weapons for him announced for now. If Beowulf and Force Edge are announced for him later, it will confirm the lazy route. Sure he got the Doppelganger and that recycled V's move, but it's only stuff coming from the reboot, not actual new features. We got no news for coop mode, but we got a glimpse of Nero and V fighting together in the metro mission, so I guess it work now. But even then, we don't have any mission specially for coop with unique design and features revolving around coop. This could be added with new missions for Vergil alongside new weapons for him.

My bet is that Capcom will reveal more later, because right now, the SE reeks of minimalist work. And the last thing people should do is blindly approve it, it would only encourage Capcom to keep it this way.

Also, I hate this philosophy of "Be happy with what you have and don't you dare complain". People are allowed to give criticism, especially with this. It's like they threw Vergil in and call it a day, and we should just accept it and be happy. It's not DMC 3 or 4 anymore, Vergil can't carry the SE alone today.
Yeah but i find pretty awkward that people wanted a special edition before and literally cry and now they complain...

Also it's isn't just vergil in se, but legendary dark knight, turbo and all the graphic upgrade... Dmc 4 se actually have less new contet than this and graphic was the same as the pc version nothing more and dmc 3 se had even less

Last edited:

Vergil95

People were crying for a substantial Special Edition. They were hoping to finally get Vergil playable, yes, but on his own side campaign. They were hoping for Trish and Lady to be playable. They were hoping for full-on coop. They were hoping for costumes.

Don't oversimplify it by leaving out important context.
Yeah but nobody ever tell them this content would have been in a se, it was just everyone assumption lol so people just complain about they're own disappointment

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
people just complain about they're own disappointment

They weren't expectations (or assumptions, as you put it), they were hopes. I'm a supporter of the argument you just used when people straight up expect a product to have some features, cause an expectation is supposed to have some at least vaguely reasonable basis to it. But when it's just a hope, disappointment is justified.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

Don't look at me. I was one of the people telling everyone not to get their hopes up for something that wasn't confirmed and being disappointed when they don't get it. I can't remember who but someone was immature enough to say "I'm gonna kill those f%^king guys" back when the developers said there would be no more DLC
My stance on the Special Edition is the same as it's always been. Playable Vergil, Turbo Mode, and LDK mode all should have been in the current gen version, if not the base game then at-least as DLC

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Playable Vergil, Turbo Mode, and LDK mode all should have been in the current gen version

To be fair though, I'm not sure current gen consoles could handle LDK on such an advanced engine without massive compromises in terms of performance. Like, consoles of its time couldn't deal with DMC4's LDK, which is why it was only on PC back then. And MT Framework was a super lightweight engine, mind you.

Vergil95

Don't look at me. I was one of the people telling everyone not to get their hopes up for something that wasn't confirmed and being disappointed when they don't get it. I can't remember who but someone was immature enough to say "I'm gonna kill those f%^king guys" back when the developers said there would be no more DLC
My stance on the Special Edition is the same as it's always been. Playable Vergil, Turbo Mode, and LDK mode all should have been in the current gen version, if not the base game then at-least as DLC
Unfortunately current gene can't handle ldk and turbo that's why they will not be present in this gen, the game is already struggling to maintain 60 fps on normal mode especially on Xbox one, legendary dark knight would have just been impossible to play unless you don't want to play thr game at 10 fps

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
To be fair though, I'm not sure current gen consoles could handle LDK on such an advanced engine without massive compromises in terms of performance. Like, consoles of its time couldn't deal with DMC4's LDK, which is why it was only on PC back then. And MT Framework was a super lightweight engine, mind you.
Fine I'll acknowledge that. But playable Vergil and Turbo mode? Sure the current gen is getting Vergil eventually. But Turbo Mode was first introduced with DMC3 SE. Since then we've gotten 3 DMC games that didn't have Turbo Mode only to add it to a re-release

Top Bottom