• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

Taramafor

He's beating himself up.

Also, we clearly need the bosses to get tougher the more we beat them now. Things like faster combos and increased health/damage on each defeat. That would be neat. Doesn't Cerberus from DMC3 on Dante must Die mode get much faster with his combo attacks at half HP? That's a good example.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Downloaded it yesterday on my PS5. Enjoying it so far with Virgil, and of course, 100 times better on next gen consoles. Looking forward to trying the turbo mode as well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
The download for Vergil went live on DMC5 Standard. It should not have taken them this long to release Vergil and make him $5 DLC on top of it. I've already unlocked all of his moves, because the 5+million orbs I saved. I started playing him on Son of Sparda mode, and he is once again a ****ing game breaker. I do find it weird that they changed the name of Summon Swords to Mirage Swords for no reason. Imma still gonna call'em Summon Swords. I did the prologue and first mission just to test him out. It's ironic they took the the doppelgänger mechanics from DmC (itself a copy from DMC3) and made it better than DmC!Vergil's doppelgänger Devil Trigger. Right down to Normal, Slow, and Haste being the equivalent of Human Stance, Demon Stance, and Angel Stance. You're getting the best of all of Vergil's move sets from each games. I'll be playing more tomorrow after work.

Goldsickle

It's ironic they took the the doppelgänger mechanics from DmC (itself a copy from DMC3) and made it better than DmC!Vergil's doppelgänger Devil Trigger. Right down to Normal, Slow, and Haste being the equivalent of Human Stance, Demon Stance, and Angel Stance. You're getting the best of all of Vergil's move sets from each games. I'll be playing more tomorrow after work.
One difference is that Vergil's health doesn't regenerate when Doppelganger is active.

Jack500

One difference is that Vergil's health doesn't regenerate when Doppelganger is active.
It's also missing mode switch, and pursuit mode. Also the doppelganger only seem to copy Yamatos move set, which is kinda disappointing.

Normal, Slow, and Haste being the equivalent of Human Stance, Demon Stance, and Angel Stance
No they are not. DmC Vergils angel and demon stances gave you access to different move sets, all normal slow and haste does is change the speed of the doppelganger, something you could do with DmC Vergil as well

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It's also missing mode switch, and pursuit mode. Also the doppelganger only seem to copy Yamatos move set, which is kinda disappointing.

No they are not. DmC Vergils angel and demon stances gave you access to different move sets, all normal slow and haste does is change the speed of the doppelganger, something you could do with DmC Vergil as well
I never said they had the same or similar movesets, all I noticed was a similarity and organization of modes. I've noticed the missing pursuit mode too, but I don't care. I still find this Vergil the best to play as and the most fun. If you enjoy the DmC version that much go right ahead; do not care.

Goldsickle

Doppelganger at least still helps with escaping grabs, even if it's not a "Devil Trigger" ability, just like Nero's Break Away.

When Nero fights Vergil while the latter is in Devil Trigger state, the Doppelganger will appear as a "human shield" to take the blow, giving Vergil some time to recover.

I wish that could be implemented in gameplay, like Vergil using the Doppelganger as a substitute.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So like, there's a taunt for Vergil where he turns the Yamato back into Nero's severed arm and stares at it for a bit, eventually crushing it to turn it back into the Yamato.

And I'm just like damn son, that's pretty savage.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
So like, there's a taunt for Vergil where he turns the Yamato back into Nero's severed arm and stares at it for a bit, eventually crushing it to turn it back into the Yamato.

And I'm just like damn son, that's pretty savage.
I've gotten that taunt several times. I also got his demon dance a lot too.

Finished Vergil's campaign on Son of Sparda. The last two fights against Dante are tough. He's harder than fighting Vergil on the two final missions. I mostly got S and some As, and a B on the missions. I'll do the DMD playthrough later.

Goldsickle

Remember that feeling when you unlock a new weapon, whether it's a Devil Arm or gun and you excitedly look into the upgrade menu to see the new list of skills and the Swordmaster or Gunslinger extra abilities?
It feels nice to unlock new actions and abilities as you go along throughout the game.

Even if Nero only has one gun and one sword, you still get the feeling of unlocking new things, like getting Snatch in mission 2, Devil Trigger in mission 6, Hold in mission 8 and so on.

You just don't get that feeling with Vergil.
I had millions of leftover Red Orbs by the time I got the DLC and I immediately unlocked all his abilities by Mission 1.
I'd like Vergil to get his own story campaign where he gains or discovers new abilities.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Remember that feeling when you unlock a new weapon, whether it's a Devil Arm or gun and you excitedly look into the upgrade menu to see the new list of skills and the Swordmaster or Gunslinger extra abilities?
It feels nice to unlock new actions and abilities as you go along throughout the game.

Even if Nero only has one gun and one sword, you still get the feeling of unlocking new things, like getting Snatch in mission 2, Devil Trigger in mission 6, Hold in mission 8 and so on.

I had millions of leftover Red Orbs by the time I got the DLC and I immediately unlocked all his abilities by Mission 1.
I'd like Vergil to get his own story campaign where he gains or discovers new abilities.
In the speciale edition on ps5 you have 0 orbs so you can't unlock everything from the start, you actually feel that whit vergil

They should have made his own save file or something on this dlc like they did whit dmc3 special edition or dmc devil may cry

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I've noticed when equipping the doppelganger to slow, it slowly drains the DT gauge. I feel it makes it the most useful of the devil trigger's features. Haste makes it drain too quick and the DT itself is already fast to begin with, even in Normal stance.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That is one thing the reboot has on the main games. At least with Vergil there is a sense of progression. I don't like the way VD's animations seem so light, how nothing has a humph or punch. He dive kicks and it looks like he lightly tapped the bastard. But, at the very least, You unlock stuff as you go and, even if it's not perfect, it still gets that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom