• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5: SE Special Edition is finally here!!! AND I'M FINALLY FEELIN' MOTIVATED!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Did anyone get the SE yet? I'm curious to know if it's censored.

So, I'm playing the SE and before that I decided to give the PS4 pme a go on the PS5 to see if there'd be improvements on performance and, meh... The loading times are much improved but they are still prominent and noticeable. They take a while for a next gen system running an older game. Also, if you insert the disc and you have the SE installed, it will blend them both. Not sure what's going on with that.

Here's the funny thing about all this. The loading times on the SE and nill. It's like a 3 second load, at most. I'm assuming there's some optimization going on or the emulation actually acts as a PS4 would, but faster. Whatever the case, if you have the next gen system, don't bother with the vanilla. It's just not worth using on your new system. You can't transfer your data, sure, but I'm not going to miss it.

By the way, the adaptive triggers might not be the best here. The pull back from the rev seems cool at first but I'm not sure I'm liking it.

PS: Is anyone else playing this?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
So, I'm playing the SE and before that I decided to give the PS4 pme a go on the PS5 to see if there'd be improvements on performance and, meh... The loading times are much improved but they are still prominent and noticeable. They take a while for a next gen system running an older game. Also, if you insert the disc and you have the SE installed, it will blend them both. Not sure what's going on with that.

Here's the funny thing about all this. The loading times on the SE and nill. It's like a 3 second load, at most. I'm assuming there's some optimization going on or the emulation actually acts as a PS4 would, but faster. Whatever the case, if you have the next gen system, don't bother with the vanilla. It's just not worth using on your new system. You can't transfer your data, sure, but I'm not going to miss it.

By the way, the adaptive triggers might not be the best here. The pull back from the rev seems cool at first but I'm not sure I'm liking it.

PS: Is anyone else playing this?
I'd wager many don't have a next gen system yet, as they are sold out in a lot of places.
I myself am waiting for probably 2 years till I get a ps5 (or when FF16 drops), 5SE isn't a big improvement over the original game for me, so it is not a reason to get a new console. I'll wait for Vergil and play the LDK's version on PC, wich should give me a similar experience.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'll wait for Vergil and play the LDK's version on PC, wich should give me a similar experience.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm actually grateful af that they're selling Vergil separately for the original game. I don't care one bit about Ray Tracing, Turbo already exists as a mod and LDK is coming too. All I really need is Vergil.

Besides, even if the SE was available on current gen/PC, I wouldn't get it anyway unless the modders would make their work compatible for that too. I want to keep Strive, full coop and all my other mods.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm actually grateful af that they're selling Vergil separately for the original game. I don't care one bit about Ray Tracing, Turbo already exists as a mod and LDK is coming too. All I really need is Vergil.

Besides, even if the SE was available on current gen/PC, I wouldn't get it anyway unless the modders would make their work compatible for that too. I want to keep Strive, full coop and all my other mods.
Made a theat for the ldk mod, that's releasing on the 16th, let me know if you're up for a coop run of that sometime, could be super fun

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Okay so to clear up some details about Vergil's gameplay I was a little confused by.

His doppelganger ability is technical his "devil trigger". While his Sin Devil Trigger is activated like Dante's but functions more like a traditional devil trigger, and the attacks with V are performed using the Concentration gauge?

That's actually a pretty sweet set up

Goldsickle

His doppelganger ability is technical his "devil trigger". While his Sin Devil Trigger is activated like Dante's but functions more like a traditional devil trigger, and the attacks with V are performed using the Concentration gauge?

That's actually a pretty sweet set up
But you don't restore HP like in DmC when you activate Doppelganger, since it's not an actual "Devil Trigger" transformation this time around.
You do restore HP while in Sin Devil Trigger.

Taramafor

I made a thread about the cutscene with Virgil and Dante. Just saw this one.

It's coming out this month or the next. Forgot which.

Think we'll have a costume for Virgil with his robe on as well as his default look?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Good enough for me
Sin devil trigger seems to be more easy to level up unlike dante sin dt, and it can also be shut down at any time, while dante had to stay in that form until the end of the bar... Also you can perform like evey ultimate move from Yamato, beowulf and mirage edge in just one bar, making vergil a ****ing god lol

Goldsickle

For the "vanilla" DMC5, I have about 6 million Red Orbs.
Will that be enough to fully upgrade Vergil when the DLC pops up?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
They released a patch who optimized the game even further and eliminated the 120fps bug

Goldsickle

Playing as Vergil kinda bypasses all those V "puzzles" where you need to summon Nightmare in specific locations to open an alternate path.

So if you want all the Blue Orb Fragments or Secret Missions without figuring out where to summon Nightmare, then simply play as Vergil on the V stages.

Top Bottom