• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC V DEMO FOOTAGE

berto

I Saw the Devil
Bro, I posted this like an 2 hours ago on the other thread.

Edit: Leave it, though. I guess this is as good a place as any for discussion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Seems like charged shots take ammunition. There's three sets of two bullets below the vitality meter that deplete whenever Nero does a massive shot, but he seems to reload on his own - even between a grapple and a sword combo.

Devil Breakers break only if you use them for "Break Age" attacks or if you get hit while using them, prime example of being mindful of when you decide to pull them out.

The rough part is IGN's gameplay seems to be on Automatic, since there's a little "Auto" underneath the Red Orb counter.

Also - you hold your sword out, instead of immediately putting it away on your back like a sped! That right there is some top-notch detail I welcome.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

DmC hype
The game looks gorgeous, the new graphics style paid off big time! Couple of my opinions on the IGN demo:

- Nero doesn’t seem to have that many new Red Queen moves. He has his basic combos, Caliber, Split + Double Down, Streak, and so on. I hope he gets a couple new things for his sword, though the animations themselves look different enough from DMC4s due to the new art style.

- The Devil Breaker where you can launch yourself forward and backwards looks SO COOL! It’s like you’re bombing youtself all over the place and I love it so much. It’s a really weighty way to move around, which I missed in things like DMC4 Trickster where you just lightly dashed forward with a dodge. But Nero”s like BOOM when he dodges lol

- The electric hand Devil Breaker lacks weight in my opinion. It looks cool, but it feels more like you’re pushing demons away rather than knocking demons away.

- Nero’s laser beam looks SWEEEEEET! With the zoom and the beautiful effects it feels really powerful, it’s so great.

- Heavier Devil Breaker attacks are apparently limited, which I hope doesn’t interrupt the game’s flow if you run out. Having no Devil Breaker could mean not having a bunch of moves that are important for attack variety or movement, which may not be very fun.

- They took a note from DmC and added a cinematic camera when you clear a room. Very nice addition!

March can’t come soon enough, I’m so excited to play!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Looks really nice. Can't wait to play it. Returning of classic demons is also awesome. My only nitpick is weird items with name on them lying on the floor. It seems out of place :/ But other than that everything looks so good about it.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Looks really nice. Can't wait to play it. Returning of classic demons is also awesome. My only nitpick is weird items with name on them lying on the floor. It seems out of place :/ But other than that everything looks so good about it.
It highlights what the items are. I think this is not going to be for every single item, but some. Either leave it alone, or bring back series staples such as shining effects to bring you attention to the item.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It highlights what the items are. I think this is not going to be for every single item, but some. Either leave it alone, or bring back series staples such as shining effects to bring you attention to the item.
I would be fine, what kinda off for me is that for some reason they added clean white typography on top of it. I would prefer if it just floated like items back than. But It's just minor complaint, that I probably forget about it, halfway into first stage

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I would be fine, what kinda off for me is that for some reason they added clean white typography on top of it. I would prefer if it just floated like items back than. But It's just minor complaint, that I probably forget about it, halfway into first stage
That may be so, but some times, people are confused by the icongraphy of the arms. So, typography is better to tell you which weapon it is so when you're short of ammo, you go to it before your next move.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I wonder what dates have to do with the game itself? I don't remember DMC having dates and times in the game before...? Does this mean we'll explore DMC5 with night/day, with dates/times affecting gameplay (like BOTW)?

That being said, the game looks fantastic, and environmental destruction is in the game, too! :cool:

Most likely to understand the timeline of events between the several different playable characters.

DarkSlayer54

I'm glad to see parrying is in there. I also like that the Bangle of Time kind of ability seems to have more depth to it, allowing you to slow down one enemy, or a whole room. I'm really hoping the Sin Scissors have the same amount of parrying potential.

My only concern is all the dialogue during gameplay. If each character is locked to their own portion of the game, then that'll hit the replay value pretty hard.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was at 4chan last night while I worked to check on updates on the com and I noted that the game doesn't have a dedicated dodge and holy s', did people lose their f'ng minds. I got called retard so many times I couldn't help but wonder if they were all projecting. A dedicated dodge in an action title, this far into the game, and having people defend that decision, like monkeys raging and throwing feces at anyone that gets close in order to defend their territory, seems dumb to me, but here we are. One idiot actually said 'oh, you'd love DmC. It's got two.' It's like these people only play one game. It's kind of an echo chamber in there.

This is a step back, to me. They have an open spot and reverting to a dodge system that is nearly 20 years old and is just as outdated. For people to get that ****y about it makes me worry as to what would happen if they did add a dedicated dodge.

I wonder what dates have to do with the game itself? I don't remember DMC having dates and times in the game before...? Does this mean we'll explore DMC5 with night/day, with dates/times affecting gameplay (like BOTW)?
Maybe. It's also possible that it's plot related. Maybe it will tell us what each character was doing at what time because it's important to the story.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I was at 4chan last night while I worked to check on updates on the com and I noted that the game doesn't have a dedicated dodge and holy s', did people lose their f'ng minds. I got called retard so many times I couldn't help but wonder if they were all projecting. A dedicated dodge in an action title, this far into the game, and having people defend that decision, like monkeys raging and throwing feces at anyone that gets close in order to defend their territory, seems dumb to me, but here we are. One idiot actually said 'oh, you'd love DmC. It's got two.' It's like these people only play one game. It's kind of an echo chamber in there.

This is a step back, to me. They have an open spot and reverting to a dodge system that is nearly 20 years old and is just as outdated. For people to get that ****y about it makes me worry as to what would happen if they did add a dedicated dodge.
Don't worry about 4chan. It's the same dumpster fire place as ...ResetEra and NeoGAF. 4chan is a circle jerk society meant to have men embracing each other and kicking out outsiders. (Same true for NeoGAF/ResetEra.)

*gasp* @berto has a different idea than me! **** him, ban him from 4chan. I mean, really, it's retarded.

I'm all for a dedicated dodge button, ala DMC3's dash. I used dash to escape projectile attacks. I'm all for it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm glad to see parrying is in there. I also like that the Bangle of Time kind of ability seems to have more depth to it, allowing you to slow down one enemy, or a whole room. I'm really hoping the Sin Scissors have the same amount of parrying potential.
It's a bit like Nero has his own version of the style system, just with limited uses.

I want to get my hands on the game to see how the implication of limited DBs works in actual practice. It's really hard to judge how it works just on paper or even on video. The best way to judge is with your hands on the controller.

Top Bottom