• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC V DEMO FOOTAGE

Erian1Mortal

Premium
That's what I was worried about. Gotta be the most limiting mechanic I've ever seen in Devil May Cry alongside DmC's color coding. But then again, you did tell me you didn't test what the DPad does, so I guess there's still hope. Otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed. Breakable weapons and anything of that sort doesn't belong in DMC.

I checked some stuff on discord, and there were some screenshots on the options menu, I think the d-pad and R2 were marked as unused.
other people mentioned that wasn't the case in 4 when there was an unused button so there is hope we might get something on that.
Otherwise there'll be mods on pc. Or maybe Super Costumes to remedy that problem.
All in all I agree with you there. It's irritating to say the least. It didn't really bother me in the demo since I only had 2 Breakers but considering we get 8 in the full game, it might get out of hand fast.

Have you noticed any improvements to aerial combat? For example, DmC added more aerial attacks that could be chained together, as well as angel pull.

Did it seem to pull from DmC in this regard, or did it go back to DMC4?

There is one new attack that wasn't in the demo, it's the Stinger input in the air, wich is the dropkick/bodysurf thing.
Otherwise Nero has all his old moves (Aside from Combo B I think). You can use airial taunt to repsition, double jump has somewhat of a different movement arc better suited for combat. Otherwise Gebera is a really cool movement tool to position yourself and an enemy.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I checked some stuff on discord, and there were some screenshots on the options menu, I think the d-pad and R2 were marked as unused.
It's up above you in this thread.
All in all I agree with you there. It's irritating to say the least. It didn't really bother me in the demo since I only had 2 Breakers but considering we get 8 in the full game, it might get out of hand fast.
There's a screenshot of that, too. I think it was a leak. I don't think Capcom wanted to show off the 8 breakers yet.
There is one new attack that wasn't in the demo, it's the Stinger input in the air, wich is the dropkick/bodysurf thing.
Been there since DMC3. Unless you're talking about that lil missile thing Nero flies on in the trailer.
Otherwise Nero has all his old moves (Aside from Combo B I think). You can use airial taunt to repsition, double jump has somewhat of a different movement arc better suited for combat. Otherwise Gebera is a really cool movement tool to position yourself and an enemy.
Does that feel like a shotgun where there's a delay between you shooting it and attacking with your sword?

DarkSlayer54

Darn, so it seems like it's going to be as painful as DMC4. A lot of inputs to keep yourself in the air...

Erian1Mortal

Premium
It's up above you in this thread.

There's a screenshot of that, too. I think it was a leak. I don't think Capcom wanted to show off the 8 breakers yet.

Been there since DMC3. Unless you're talking about that lil missile thing Nero flies on in the trailer.
I was talking about this one, that's not something Nero or Dante had access to before.
https://gfycat.com/illustriousexcellentarchaeopteryx

Does that feel like a shotgun where there's a delay between you shooting it and attacking with your sword?
It definetly feels heavier, a bit more focused then a shotgun, I'd compare it to a sniper rifle when it comes to sound.

Darn, so it seems like it's going to be as painful as DMC4. A lot of inputs to keep yourself in the air...
I found it quite intuitive, not all that much work, sice you have your snatch, JC, Calibur and Gebera (wich is a simple button press together with a direction push while not locked on). The only move that's a bit harder to use is Calibur, all others are simple. I don't remember DmC having more of these moves aside from Demon Pull or Angel Pull, wich is essentially Wire Snatch.

DarkSlayer54

I found it quite intuitive, not all that much work, sice you have your snatch, JC, Calibur and Gebera (wich is a simple button press together with a direction push while not locked on). The only move that's a bit harder to use is Calibur, all others are simple. I don't remember DmC having more of these moves aside from Demon Pull or Angel Pull, wich is essentially Wire Snatch.

With DmC, you could stay in the air quite a long while without ever using enemy step or angel / demon pull. Can you chain Calibur with anything that will keep you in the air? Wire Snatch is useful, but it doesn't flow as nicely as just chaining multiple aerial attacks together.

I'm not sure what Gebera looks like. Curious how that'll fit into everything.

Last edited:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
With DmC, you could stay in the air quite a long while without ever using enemy step or angel / demon pull. Can you chain Calibur with anything that will keep you in the air? Wire Snatch is useful, but it doesn't flow as nicely as just chaining multiple aerial attacks together.

I'm not sure what Gebera looks like. Curious how that'll fit into everything.
You can chain it with pretty much all breaker moves, Blue Rose gives a bit of air time and puts the enemy in place for a normal aerial rave and a roulette spin, wich would put you higher up in the air again. Combine that with JC'ing and maybe another wiresnatch or even a simple Air Hike and you're set.
To be honest, I feel like this game will get a lot more vertical when going through the moveset, with a lot of going up and going down and making that look as stylish as possible.

DarkSlayer54

To be honest, I feel like this game will get a lot more vertical when going through the moveset, with a lot of going up and going down and making that look as stylish as possible.

That's good to hear. My main concern is its reliance on JC'ing, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how the demo plays out.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'm lovin the UI, lovin how the layout looks.. but i'm not diggin the gameplay, it's literally dmc 4 with free camera, i was hoping for something entirely new.. welp

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I was talking about this one, that's not something Nero or Dante had access to before.
https://gfycat.com/illustriousexcellentarchaeopteryx
Ohh... I think I know what you mean. He was surfing in the air to the ground! I see.
It definetly feels heavier, a bit more focused then a shotgun, I'd compare it to a sniper rifle when it comes to sound.
:cool:
Nice, nice. Nice. :cool:

Exejpgwmv

Nero certainly inherited DmC Dante's mouth. :V

Boy swears like a sailor in the demo.

Not too much though, just enough to be funny.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

This guy has played the demo a lot and has quite a bit to say.

I'm too tired and need to sleep soon so I don't have time at the moment to timestamp what he says but basically based on what he says.

1. Jump Cancelling has a larger.....jump box and this might make Jump Cancelling easier or more forgiving.
2. Enemy Step has a larger and more controllable jump arch so you can Enemy Step over enemies and maneuver around large enemies and bosses like Goliath just by Enemy Stepping/Jump Canceling around them.
3. The Air Taunt can be used to dodge attacks in mid-air (10:55 - 11:10)
4. Critical hits are back. Striking Goliath in the head with a strong attack can stun him.

@7:34 He cancelled a Shuffle into a dodge instead. In this same video he also cancelled Shuffle into a jump and other actions. That wasn't possible in DMC4 was it?

Its possible to beat Goliath without entering the 3rd phase.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
what i love, dante wears shabby plain shirt under that jacket, shabby darker red jacket, hobo look overall, better in-game body proportion than 3 and 4.. my kind of character

berto

I Saw the Devil
Awww, no more forearms the size of footballs? Say it ain't so :V
Ok. It ain't so.

In case you missed it the whole cast was scanned this time around using European models. Dante was a model named Adam Cowie and Nero a brit named Karlo Baker. Their faces were altered a bit to match the look of the characters but for the most part they still look like their models.

Top Bottom