• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc to DmC weapons

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Some guy who posts on this forum. You said that you have not seen anyone dual wielding a katana and a broadsword in fiction/fantasy and I pointed you to dark souls but you ignored it and so I thought that maybe I've somehow ****ed you off somewhere else.

..........Squirtle?

IncarnatedDemon

Some guy who posts on this forum. You said that you have not seen anyone dual wielding a katana and a broadsword in fiction/fantasy and I pointed you to dark souls but you ignored it and so I thought that maybe I've somehow ****ed you off somewhere else.
Who is that someone in Dark souls that is dual wielding ?

And by dual wielding i am thinking of two huge swords or katanas, not a dagger and a sword.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
But that's part of the gameplay of Dks - isnt it? or are you telling me that in DkS there is a character who is wielding two swords/katanas in a cutscene/cinematic?

So what if it's part of the gameplay? Since Dante doesn't perform all of his stylish moves outside of gameplay, he can't do it for real right?

There are much more impractical usage of weapons out there than dual wielding heavy weapons.

%EB%82%98%EB%A3%A8%ED%86%A0_363.avi_000155447_lmjjin6273.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

So what if it's part of the gameplay? Since Dante doesn't perform all of his stylish moves outside of gameplay, he can't do it for real right?

There are much more impractical usage of weapons out there than dual wielding heavy weapons.

%EB%82%98%EB%A3%A8%ED%86%A0_363.avi_000155447_lmjjin6273.jpg
Because often in games story and gameplay are separated i.e gameplay doesn't have to answer to the story's laws and rules.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Because often in games story and gameplay are separated i.e gameplay doesn't have to answer to the story's laws and rules.
Killer Bee wields 8 swords at once and he's done it in the story. You're not gonna tell me dual wielding is as impractical as octa wielding.

I can also use science to explain how dual wielding is possible. Inertia. Look at this boss. He's swinging a greatsword with one hand and his left hand is free. Now, imagine if he was wielding a katana on his free hand. He could use the inertia from the horizontal swings of his greatsword to attack with the katana. It's not as impossible as you think but still impractical.

IncarnatedDemon

Killer Bee wields 8 swords at once and he's done it in the story. You're not gonna tell me dual wielding is as impractical as octa wielding.

I can also use science to explain how dual wielding is possible. Inertia. Look at this boss. He's swinging a greatsword with one hand and his right hand is free. Now, imagine if he was wielding a katana on his free hand. He could use the inertia from the horizontal swings of his greatsword to attack with the katana. It's not as impossible as you think but still impractical.
But we are talking about whether there is a character in DkS who is dual wielding two heavy weapons.

And i am telling you that a avatar does not count as a character. Especially when said avatar prolly havent dual wielded in the actual story cinematics.

But hey u can go around thinking a customized avatar is a character.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
But we are talking about whether there is a character in DkS who is dual wielding two heavy weapons.

And i am telling you that a avatar does not count as a character. Especially when said avatar prolly havent dual wielded in the actual story cinematics.

But hey u can go around thinking a customized avatar is a character.

An avatar is no different than a user generated character by definition. You also ignored the other part of my post.

Furthermore, it is you who are imposing these silly restrictions in the first place. Stylish Nero never said anything about it having to be in cut scenes and whatnot.

You can dual wield heavy weapons in Dark Souls and that is a fact. Stylish Nero did not impose any sort of restrictions so this topic is now closed. He himself even stated that it is possible in DMC because Vergil could do it and that is gameplay only and so your point is moot.

oh man, i love that boss so much Dark souls 2 can't come soon enough. But yeah good example of showcasing dual wielding in an excellent game.

EvilX-81

An avatar is no different than a user generated character by definition. You also ignored the other part of my post.

Furthermore, it is you who are imposing these silly restrictions in the first place. Stylish Nero never said anything about it having to be in cut scenes and whatnot.

You can dual wield heavy weapons in Dark Souls and that is a fact. Stylish Nero did not impose any sort of restrictions so this topic is now closed. He himself even stated that it is possible in DMC because Vergil could do it and that is gameplay only and so your point is moot.

I don't even see what's the point of saying they can't dual wield such swords.

A) It's a videogame
B) they do things in the games multiple times more insane than dual wielding two large swords in and out of cutscenes.

The only real question is if they can be made to look cool while doing so (which would be an obvious "yes".)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I don't even see what's the point of saying they can't dual wield such swords.

A) It's a videogame
B) they do things in the games multiple times more insane than dual wielding two large swords in and out of cutscenes.

The only real question is if they can be made to look cool while doing so (which would be an obvious "yes".)

Yeah. It's fiction. Anything and everything can happen.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah. It's fiction. Anything and everything can happen.

With DMC its possible (well its been done before) but with DmC since they're going for realism its not really a matter of could they do it, its a matter of WILL they do it (dual wielding a katana and a broadsword seems a bit too over the top and incarcerated for DmC's realism and down to earthness).

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
With DMC its possible (well its been done before) but with DmC since they're going for realism its not really a matter of could they do it, its a matter of WILL they do it (dual wielding a katana and a broadsword seems a bit too over the top and incarcerated for DmC's realism and down to earthness).

I don't know about you but to me, realism was thrown out the window during the pizza crotch scene. One of the problems I have with DmC is that it tries to be serious but also not serious at the same time.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't know about you but to me, realism was thrown out the window during the pizza crotch scene. One of the problems I have with DmC is that it tries to be serious but also not serious at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3Yr_jAQ98

Right after Vergil committed a demonic abortion, ****ed off a demon god who only wanted to be a daddy, and right before Dante had to face the dude with the question of why did he kill his son and a speech about freedom and mankind they had time to throw in a dick joke.

SSSHAKESPEAREAN!!!!

Top Bottom