• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc to DmC weapons

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Since when was it stated Rebellion was a nephilim weapon (if such a thing exists)?

i concluded this after i noticed that rebellion erects from dante's tattoo. his tattoo is the same as the nephilim key. so i think that even though sparda had it in a painting, he couldn't do much with it. but dante or vergil on the other hand, could awaken their "true potential" with those swords.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
For some reason, Rebellion was put into the "human" category. I never really understood why. They might as well have put everything into "angel" or "demon" categories if they were just going to have one "human" weapon for each brother (Rebellion & Yamato).

And Vergil should have had a "Beowulf-like" weapon. Just saying. I really missed those kicks (Killer Bee doesn't count).

Reactions: Jak

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i concluded this after i noticed that rebellion erects from dante's tattoo. his tattoo is the same as the nephilim key. so i think that even though sparda had it in a painting, he couldn't do much with it. but dante or vergil on the other hand, could awaken their "true potential" with those swords.

So does Arbiter and Osiris.....not so sure about Aquila and Eryx since appear on his hands.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
So does Arbiter and Osiris.....not so sure about Aquila and Eryx since appear on his hands.

i thought the same, but i noticed that whenever you summon a different weapon, the nephilim key emits from his back/tattoo. so i guess rebellion absorbed them as well

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i thought the same, but i noticed that whenever you summon a different weapon, the nephilim key emits from his back/tattoo. so i guess rebellion absorbed them as well

Hmmm....interesting but you skipped my question.

Why does Barbas, a demon, gives Dante Aquila, an angel weapon?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Oh boy....lets see which of my favorite weapon I want to see neutered in DmC.

Plus what is up with all these clever back stories for each weapon, last time I checked DmC weapons were just demonic/angelic weapons that Dante got from beating a boss as if it were part of them or weapons from mommy and daddy. Since when did Devil Arms (living demonic weapons) exist in DmC? I thought it was its own universe and also thought using more concepts from DMC would make it more like DMC than DmC.

Plus wouldn't it make sense to see new weapons and not old weapons (except for the story/character related ones).

But hey its possibly a thread for wishful thinking.....do you guys really want to see DmC versions of these weapons (like if they made a DmC2 or any other DmC you won't get mad if they reuse certain DMC weapons) or is just wishful thinking?

I never understood topics like this.
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, nor do I with anyone else. But I have to ask this:

What is the point of coming into a thread, that you claim to not understand and spreading your negativity? And obviously, if you don't enjoy the topic of the thread then why bother trying to ruin it for others, who are actually adding productive messages to the topic of this thread? Yes, it's called wishful thinking and having fun with fellow fans.

Nevan can be switched out with Arbiter.

Yes, that would be awesome. Arbitrer is really missing something, I get the whole thing behind it being like a gavel of judgement. So every hit is like BOOM, end of this, but I don't think that such thematic consistency overshadows the joy of having something like Nevan.

As for gilgamesh and Beowolf, we already have that, its called Eryx. I guess they could add the scripted combos that DMC4 had with them, but I 'm not a big fan of scripted combos. I wouldn't mind a few kick moves added though, that was definitely sweet looking, and if there is a way to incorporate martial arts like moves into a weapon (maybe something like blades on his wrists and shoes). That would be awesome.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Cerberus - Nunchucks
Beowulf/Gilgamesh - Gauntlets & shingaurds
Lucifer - Apparatus with swords

No I mean give em a story or a reason to be in the game or how Dante acquires them. Sorry...................I just like to hear people's ideas.

REAPER 3142

Oh boy....lets see which of my favorite weapon I want to see neutered in DmC.

Plus what is up with all these clever back stories for each weapon, last time I checked DmC weapons were just demonic/angelic weapons that Dante got from beating a boss as if it were part of them or weapons from mommy and daddy. Since when did Devil Arms (living demonic weapons) exist in DmC? I thought it was its own universe and also thought using more concepts from DMC would make it more like DMC than DmC.

Plus wouldn't it make sense to see new weapons and not old weapons (except for the story/character related ones).

But hey its possibly a thread for wishful thinking.....do you guys really want to see DmC versions of these weapons (like if they made a DmC2 or any other DmC you won't get mad if they reuse certain DMC weapons) or is just wishful thinking?

I never understood topics like this.

Kinda just wishful thinking. I love the classics, but it seems that this is the direction it is going in. I just love these weapons and reboots don't bug me unless it is absolutely terrible.

REAPER 3142

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, nor do I with anyone else. But I have to ask this:

What is the point of coming into a thread, that you claim to not understand and spreading your negativity? And obviously, if you don't enjoy the topic of the thread then why bother trying to ruin it for others, who are actually adding productive messages to the topic of this thread? Yes, it's called wishful thinking and having fun with fellow fans.

Thank you............ the previous threads I have made have turned into wars and arguments. I work hard and am very busy during the day, so when I get home all I want to do is nerd out about my favorite game with fellow fans on here without a fight.

aoshi

I want the red queen.This time used by vergil. Mixed with normal yamato darkslayer combos and not by DT as nero uses it.Its calibur ability was sweet.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I want the red queen.This time used by vergil. Mixed with normal yamato darkslayer combos and not by DT as nero uses it.Its calibur ability was sweet.
Vergil may be confused on the EX-feed system at first...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i already answered it. they are probably trophies that he kept from killing an angel

Oh Bob?

Hmmm...can you explain Poison's Eryx where those weapons she kept from killing a demon? Well Eryx did seem to share a lot of traits to Poison abilities so not likely.....Aquila to Barbas on the other hand outside flashy colors I don't see the resemblance.

Do you have any slight piece of evidence that will indicate/imply he got Aquila from killing an angel? Wait didn't you say weapons like Eryx and Aquila were the soul of the demons he slayed (Soul Arms)?

How come slaying the Hunter didn't grant him a weapon (before the game I figured he got Ophion from him).....unless if the Hunter is playing dead or was just knocked out since I didn't see a scar on his face after Dante struck him with Rebellion?

Also I didn't know Barbas fought angels before...where was that said?

Top Bottom