• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc to DmC weapons

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But the context is that they were having a sibling rivalry moment. If Vergil saying he has a bigger d*ck didn't fit with the scene, so should be their argument altogether, the whole of which was about who was more awesome. How Dante boasting about being stronger and better looking and Vergil saying he's faster and smarter not shake the scene, but Vergil saying "And I got a bigger d*ck" does?

There was no need for that scene (well at the moment of the scene). They were about to face a demon god who just tore apart a city and is ****ed as hell because they killed his unborn child or better yet a final confrontation with a demon god that killed their mother and enslaved their father and ruined their childhood that scene could've been a bit better or more intense (even badass and awesome) not end with a d!ck joke.

Plus the timing and execution was ugghhhhhh regardless. I mean Dante just said he was stronger despite Vergil giving them a compliment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz2IAVjmhmo

Plus last time I checked Vergil was a nephilim just like Dante and possessed as much skill and strength as Dante (as shown in their fight) and looks are quite subjective topic considering well THEY'RE IDENTICAL TWINS so they practically look the same (except Vergil has a different hair color and style and is well more rounded and healthier looking than Dante meaning he should be better looking). The only thing that made sense was Vergil saying he was smarter and had a bigger smeat (if that is true).

The scene with Dante and Vergil against Arkham was a better moment of sibling rivalry since it was timed perfectly and fitted the context of the scene.

Plus that and the Dante taking all the credit for taking down Mundus scene made Dante look more obnoxious.

EvilX-81

There was no need for that scene (well at the moment of the scene). They were about to face a demon god who just tore apart a city and is ****ed as hell because they killed his unborn child or better yet a final confrontation with a demon god that killed their mother and enslaved their father and ruined their childhood that scene could've been a bit better or more intense (even badass and awesome) not end with a d!ck joke.

But like I said, if the dick joke was out of place, the entire scene was out of place, which I think is a better argument than attacking specifically the dick joke, which is no better in context than anything else said beforehand.

But as for scene itself, the execution was bad (I see what they're going for there, but I have a hard time seeing why Dante started boasting there, it wasn't like Vergil was hogging credit and Dante needed to even the score), but I agree with it's tone, which is them relaxing briefly before getting back to work. Like a pair of soliders in a trench having a moment of light conversation before going back to watchout duty or whatever they might be doing.

I could see if the scene came exactly before they opened Mundus's door, but in this case they knew they still had a chore of work ahead of them before that moment came, hacking and realigning the generators, where they get in more conversation meanwhile.

Plus the timing and execution was ugghhhhhh regardless. I mean Dante just said he was stronger despite Vergil giving them a compliment.

Yea, I more or less agree with this (for reasons stated earlier).

Plus last time I checked Vergil was a nephilim just like Dante and possessed as much skill and strength as Dante (as shown in their fight)

"As much", but Dante is obviously the stronger of the two.

and looks are quite subjective topic considering well THEY'RE IDENTICAL TWINS so they practically look the same (except Vergil has a different hair color and style and is well more rounded and healthier looking than Dante meaning he should be better looking). The only thing that made sense was Vergil saying he was smarter and had a bigger smeat (if that is true).

Dante's "stronger" *could* be read from different angles; it looked like he always won their playduels when they were children, or maybe he's just teasing Vergil. All speculation though.

The scene with Dante and Vergil against Arkham was a better moment of sibling rivalry since it was timed perfectly and fitted the context of the scene.

The scene right before they start fighting Arkham? Didn't feel like sibling rivalry to me...

Plus that and the Dante taking all the credit for taking down Mundus scene made Dante look more obnoxious.

Yea, true. Again I wonder if trolling, or....

I can accept that though; what I didn't like was "Dante! Do something!" Sure, Vergil saves him afterward, but it felt like he was played down most of that fight...

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
the dick joke was shock humor. It could be a symptom of poor and unimaginative writing, or it could have been an intentional gag for the benefit of a specific group of people that actually enjoy it. I'm not a fan of it, but it's not the worst thing in the script

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
the **** joke was shock humor. It could be a symptom of poor and unimaginative writing, or it could have been an intentional gag for the benefit of a specific group of people that actually enjoy it. I'm not a fan of it, but it's not the worst thing in the script

Its not though...I think the worst part in the DmC script was the epic Dante loogie scene.

See 4:25 to 4:35

SSSENSATIONAL!!!

EvilX-81

"I'm your prom date, you ugly sack of ****."

How could nobody laugh at that one. It's been too long since I heard someone use "sack of ****".

"What have you done to him!!!"

....Should've did a second take on that line, on the otherhand. Came out kinda unintentionally whiny.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Oh my favorite was

I once laughed at this scene because I thought it was funny but now I laugh for a polar opposite reason.

haha, that scene oh man. It hit that magical "so bad it's good" level, I was laughing my ass off.

Top Bottom