• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Didn't think hair was still such a big deal.

Time for my two cents

I think Dante AND Vergil, AND Nero (Seeing as we kind of forgot about them) All have white hair because it's what defines them as being half demon. Plus There are many characters with white hair. )Ragna the Bloodedge, Inuyasha, That guy from Fate/Stay night etc.) So maybe their possessed by the demons inside of them...Wait. What if they're possessed by the demons inside of their bodies, thus making then act the way they do?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont think Dante with white hair is a hard concept to accept or even explain.

Its just a genetic thing he gets from his dad. Nuff said.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Didn't think hair was still such a big deal.

Time for my two cents

I think Dante AND Vergil, AND Nero (Seeing as we kind of forgot about them) All have white hair because it's what defines them as being half demon. Plus There are many characters with white hair. )Ragna the Bloodedge, Inuyasha, That guy from Fate/Stay night etc.) So maybe their possessed by the demons inside of them...Wait. What if they're possessed by the demons inside of their bodies, thus making then act the way they do?
Hair is not a big deal. And anyone who says "Didn't think hair was still a such big deal" is probably trying to make a argument out of it (my opinion). Who cares if DmC Dante has black hair, and who says we are discussing why he has black hair?
I honestly gagged when i saw the whitehair-redjacket DT of DmC Dante. It's that stupid to give him white hair lol. He is DmC Dante not DMC Dante. I don't care if he has blonde, pink or afro wig made of sugar as hair.

This hair "problem" and notice " " , started with me and Chocolatepanda discussing white hair's meaning in DmC and DMC. A calm and nice discussion. Then as more people joined this discussion it became a PROBLEM. HOW? Why? It's a discussion!

And what defines Dante, Vergil and Nero's demon half is their demon apparance. DT.

DANTE
03:51
03:14

NERO
04:21

As for white hair it is true that the inspiration to Dante's hair colour comes from Japanese culture. That white hair meant something supernatural as being possessed by a demon. But it has no affiliation WITH the story of DMC.

THESE TWO are soul reapers from Bleach. Do they have demon powers? No. Do they have supernatural powers? Yes. Are their characters supernatural? Yes.
Hyourinmaru.jpg

Jushiroukitake.png

P.S The order of Sword who took advantage of demons powers transformed into demon looking forms when they used the power. Hint hint ...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the white hair significance in japanese culture does work in the us and the west since it makes the character strange and off-putting.

Black hair is the predominant hair color so yu cant look demonic from it.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well, I am looking forward to this game and I HOPE the hint of permanent white hair is true. I think it separates him from a typical person visually.

McdD

I think the white hair significance in japanese culture does work in the us and the west since it makes the character strange and off-putting.

Black hair is the predominant hair color so yu cant look demonic from it.
That's your opinion. Black hair is black colour.
Black reminds people of death and darkness.
Darkness comes from supernatural stuff such as devils etc

So i think black hair has just as good chance to be a demon hair colour as white.
The reason why japanese developers used white is because in their culture white haired people meant they were possessed by demons.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
White hair works with certail characters. Dante, Vergil, and Nero pull it off pretty darn well, but if Lady had white hair, It would be a completely different story...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's your opinion. Black hair is black colour.
Black reminds people of death and darkness.
Darkness comes from supernatural stuff such as devils etc

So i think black hair has just as good chance to be a demon hair colour as white.
The reason why japanese developers used white is because in their culture white haired people meant they were possessed by demons.

Which would stand out to you more if you see it in real life?

Someone with white hair or someone with Black hair?

the White hair one would stand out more as its something you dont see alot in real life. There are people with white hair in real life but not Dante's shade of white or au natural white hair.

McdD

Which would stand out to you more if you see it in real life?

Someone with white hair or someone with Black hair?

the White hair one would stand out more as its something you dont see alot in real life. There are people with white hair in real life but not Dante's shade of white or au natural white hair.
But we're not talking about real life (at least i am not) :p
And outside real life even someone with pink hair can look demonic because there is no set of rules that says that a demon must be EXACTLY like this.

Someone with black hair doesn't look like as if they have a supernatural thing.

DragonMaster2010

Hair is not a big deal. And anyone who says "Didn't think hair was still a such big deal" is probably trying to make a argument out of it (my opinion). Who cares if DmC Dante has black hair, and who says we are discussing why he has black hair?
I honestly gagged when i saw the whitehair-redjacket DT of DmC Dante. It's that stupid to give him white hair lol. He is DmC Dante not DMC Dante. I don't care if he has blonde, pink or afro wig made of sugar as hair.

This hair "problem" and notice " " , started with me and Chocolatepanda discussing white hair's meaning in DmC and DMC. A calm and nice discussion. Then as more people joined this discussion it became a PROBLEM. HOW? Why? It's a discussion!

And what defines Dante, Vergil and Nero's demon half is their demon apparance. DT.

DANTE
03:51
03:14

NERO
04:21

As for white hair it is true that the inspiration to Dante's hair colour comes from Japanese culture. That white hair meant something supernatural as being possessed by a demon. But it has no affiliation WITH the story of DMC.

THESE TWO are soul reapers from Bleach. Do they have demon powers? No. Do they have supernatural powers? Yes. Are their characters supernatural? Yes.
Hyourinmaru.jpg

Jushiroukitake.png

P.S The order of Sword who took advantage of demons powers transformed into demon looking forms when they used the power. Hint hint ...

It sounds like you think I meantioned the white hair in order to start something, when I meant that it seems like a small thing to worry about. Hair is hair. Dante's hair is white cause of his father having white hair. And in real world, japanese folklore is the reason for white hair. However, as you've said for bleach, those two don't have demonic powers but both have reasons for white hair.
Toshiro: His hair turned white due to hi constantly being around the cold, and soon his hair became white. (That's what I read. don't know where though)

Ukitake: His hair is white because he suffers from his illness which took the color out of his hair and made him weak and pale.

I don't know why you think I was trying to start something when I simply wanted to put my two cents into the discussion.

McdD

It sounds like you think I meantioned the white hair in order to start something, when I meant that it seems like a small thing to worry about. Hair is hair. Dante's hair is white cause of his father having white hair. And in real world, japanese folklore is the reason for white hair. However, as you've said for bleach, those two don't have demonic powers but both have reasons for white hair.
Toshiro: His hair turned white due to hi constantly being around the cold, and soon his hair became white. (That's what I read. don't know where though)

Ukitake: His hair is white because he suffers from his illness which took the color out of his hair and made him weak and pale.

I don't know why you think I was trying to start something when I simply wanted to put my two cents into the discussion.
Reading what you have written, i will just walk away from further discussing with you. It's just so unbelieveable how captain obvious you are.

But before i go, yes i believe your trying to start something when you say "Why is the hair a big deal". We weren't even discussing why DmC Dante has black hair. We were discussing something else.

*Walks away*.

DragonMaster2010

Reading what you have written, i will just walk away from further discussing with you. It's just so unbelieveable how captain obvious you are.

But before i go, yes i believe your trying to start something when you say "Why is the hair a big deal". We weren't even discussing why DmC Dante has black hair. We were discussing something else.

*Walks away*.

353son.jpg

If that's what you think, then who am I to stop you. but If me stating my opinion is now a bad thing, then oh well...

Zilla

The inFAAMous
It's likely been hit on in the previous pages, but I'm getting a sense almost that Ninja Theory have 'woken up' or are at least aware of how our World is also very much corrupt and how our 'reality' is engineered and how our social structures are manipulated by invisible Powers.

Like take for example the latest trailer, 'Captivate' where the shady powers that be are using the Mainstream Media as a way of demonizing (pardon the pun) Dante, attempting to turn everyone they can against him. Also how Bob mentions that He's doing 'Gods work' is an example of how Religion is also used as just another form of control for today's society.

Very interesting when You really look into it and make the comparisons.

"Their World is a lie"

DragonMaster2010

It's likely been hit on in the previous pages, but I'm getting a sense almost that Ninja Theory have 'woken up' or are at least aware of how our World is also very much corrupt and how our 'reality' is engineered and how our social structures are manipulated by invisible Powers.

Like take for example the latest trailer, 'Captivate' where the shady powers that be are using the Mainstream Media as a way of demonizing (pardon the pun) Dante, attempting to turn everyone they can against him. Also how Bob mentions that He's doing 'Gods work' is an example of how Religion is also used as just another form of control for today's society.

Very interesting when You really look into it and make the comparisons.

"Their World is a lie"

While I believe Religion is more a way of life, Religion is used to control people when in the wrong hands. From giving away your money, to believing your life will be fixed just like that. DmC and DMC4 are perfect examples of this.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
While I believe Religion is more a way of life, Religion is used to control people when in the wrong hands. From giving away your money, to believing your life will be fixed just like that. DmC and DMC4 are perfect examples of this.

And it would seem that the religious aspect is almost certainly in the wrong hands in DmC. Delving deeper into engineering of reality, You could make the comparison that Bob explicitly refers to Dante as a terrorist. Something which over the years, (especially with the 9/11 tragedy) has been hammered so deep into our psyche that we experience a feeling of fear or unease at the very mention of the word. Despite the fact that certain studies have shown you're more likely to be killed by a Bee sting than an act of Terrorism.

Also, Limbo is a version of reality (perhaps one could argue, the 'real' reality, one humans are too weak to see, like being trapped in a permanent Matrix-type system) which only Dante can see, wherein He can see the destruction the Demons are causing to the surroundings, yet to the normal Human bystander, it looks like Dante is causing all the destruction, further helping the Demons to paint him in a bad light. Which then enables the Demons to pose as the Heroes, by promising the Humans that they're doing all that they can to stop Dante.

Essentially they create their own tragedy, while shifting the blame to someone else, just so they can step in and pose as the saviours of humanity, further increasing Humans dependence on them, while the real saviours, the people trying to stop them, are blamed for the chaos and thus exiled and rejected by the very people they're trying to help.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
And it would seem that the religious aspect is almost certainly in the wrong hands in DmC. Delving deeper into engineering of reality, You could make the comparison that Bob explicitly refers to Dante as a terrorist. Something which over the years, (especially with the 9/11 tragedy) has been hammered so deep into our psyche that we experience a feeling of fear or unease at the very mention of the word. Despite the fact that certain studies have shown you're more likely to be killed by a Bee sting than an act of Terrorism.

Also, Limbo is a version of reality (perhaps one could argue, the 'real' reality, one humans are too weak to see, like being trapped in a permanent Matrix-type system) which only Dante can see, wherein He can see the destruction the Demons are causing to the surroundings, yet to the normal Human bystander, it looks like Dante is causing all the destruction, further helping the Demons to paint him in a bad light. Which then enables the Demons to pose as the Heroes, by promising the Humans that they're doing all that they can to stop Dante.

Essentially they create their own tragedy, while shifting the blame to someone else, just so they can step in and pose as the saviours of humanity, further increasing Humans dependence on them, while the real saviours, the people trying to stop them, are blamed for the chaos and thus exiled and rejected by the very people they're trying to help.

Thats some clever tactics, I guess mundus is smarter than we thought.

DragonMaster2010

And then there's Virility. The special drink that "makes you smarter, sexier, and better." I think of that as another one of those false messages. It's like all these products that promise you you'll look better or exersise equipment that promises you'll look more fit. But they don't say the whole truth. Just the equipment isn't gonna do a damn thing if you don't exersise yourself. Virility to me is the revealation of how we as human beings, give in to satires and how we practically give up our own freedom to the demons, or bigger companies, only for us to be killed. new alcohol is like Virility. You drink it, you have sex, it's regretable, the girl get's pregnant, you give birth, the kid grows up, now he's drinking that alcohol, and the cycle continues on forever.

DmC seems to be really opening peoples eyes if they look hard enough. Satires are everywhere, and if we continue to ignore them, we're surrendering our lives, to the big buisnesses. (demons) Once in awhile is fine, but everyday is Satire possession.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
And then there's Virility. The special drink that "makes you smarter, sexier, and better." I think of that as another one of those false messages. It's like all these products that promise you you'll look better or exersise equipment that promises you'll look more fit. But they don't say the whole truth. Just the equipment isn't gonna do a damn thing if you don't exersise yourself. Virility to me is the revealation of how we as human beings, give in to satires and how we practically give up our own freedom to the demons, or bigger companies, only for us to be killed. new alcohol is like Virility. You drink it, you have sex, it's regretable, the girl get's pregnant, you give birth, the kid grows up, now he's drinking that alcohol, and the cycle continues on forever.

DmC seems to be really opening peoples eyes if they look hard enough. Satires are everywhere, and if we continue to ignore them, we're surrendering our lives, to the big buisnesses. (demons) Once in awhile is fine, but everyday is Satire possession.

Exactly! It's the same deal as with how flouride is added to our water supply, in small amounts so not to kill us, but enough to add up to damage our brains, so that we are unable to resist. "Stuff'll kill ya!"

This is what the established system hates and fears the most; Resistance. And why Dante is Royal Pain in the ass Numero Uno for them (A guy with a sword named REBELLION would be sure to raise a few Demonic eyebrows!)

I REALLY like the message they're pushing with DmC, about how reality is false freedom, and practically how the Demonic system thrives on our own Ignorance. Demons are everywhere folks, they may not be the ones we're accustomed to, but evil has many faces.

"If you aren't upset, You aren't paying attention."

DragonMaster2010

Exactly! It's the same deal as with how flouride is added to our water supply, in small amounts so not to kill us, but enough to add up to damage our brains, so that we are unable to resist. "Stuff'll kill ya!"

This is what the established system hates and fears the most; Resistance. And why Dante is Royal Pain in the ass Numero Uno for them (A guy with a sword named REBELLION would be sure to raise a few Demonic eyebrows!)

I REALLY like the message they're pushing with DmC, about how reality is false freedom, and practically how the Demonic system thrives on our own Ignorance. Demons are everywhere folks, they may not be the ones we're accustomed to, but evil has many faces.

"If you aren't upset, You aren't paying attention."

What would also make sense in the game is if Rapture news supported Virility. Since people would put their hope in Rapture news, and the police force (demons) then they'll get the humans to definitely drink Virility.

Wow. This game just opens the inner anarchy in me!:D

Top Bottom