• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
perhaps its like DMC3 where the demons are embodiments of sin. so veritlity is the demon gluttony's way of incresing its own power. and the others are controlling soceity in their own different ways

Zilla

The inFAAMous
perhaps its like DMC3 where the demons are embodiments of sin. so veritlity is the demon gluttony's way of incresing its own power. and the others are controlling soceity in their own different ways

This is an interesting observation actually, if I recall it's mentioned or at least implied that Dante is on his way to the Virility factory, where perhaps an evil company CEO resides, a Mega Demon feeding of people who are consuming Virility on a daily basis. Perhaps the evil CEO will be Gluttony and extremely likely to be a Boss fight.

788Masri

This is an interesting observation actually, if I recall it's mentioned or at least implied that Dante is on his way to the Virility factory, where perhaps an evil company CEO resides, a Mega Demon feeding of people who are consuming Virility on a daily basis. Perhaps the evil CEO will be Gluttony and extremely likely to be a Boss fight.

im thinking that (asuming im half right) virility causes two things:

1. it get you addicted to it
2. it makes you really hungry even if youre not, so your always eating or wanting more food

so then when your fat enough they kidnap you and the police call it a heart attack and then feed you to the demon that produces verility itself.(dont ask me from where). the more it eats the stronger it gets. and for now im standing by my theory that in limbo city there is a sorta free mason order that worships demons and have members in key positions in media and politics

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
*stares at 12 pack of virility*
hmmmm..........Do I want to be demonically controlled?........:/

Naw, Virility's too mainstream. I prefer tasty juice
Tasty_Juice_by_henehene.jpg

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

hay guys can u help me with something....i was wondering wheres the DT bar?? i only see the health bar for dante...:/ i mean if it has been conformed that th DT is him turning into a white hair and all....then where is the bar for it?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Perhaps the ability to Devil Trigger isn't unlocked until a couple missions in, like in DMC 3. What we've been seeing are likely the early stages, where Dante is still finding his feet.

788Masri

well as were contantly reminded its still in development, perhaps its still to be added

asurai

Hmm, in one of the videos I noticed that when Dante knocked a demon into a wall it looked like the wall got some big cracks in it. Potentially a sign of destructible environments perhaps? I know in DMC3 there was some stuff you could break to find hidden orb fountains, however this looked more like it could potentially be a purely aesthetic thing. Which I find rather interesting since it could be rather neat to look at how the environment got beat up thanks to you. Since we can only imagine since what happens in limbo happens in the real world, those cracks should then also be in the real world. Of course I don't expect to find out of if it's true or not. But still. Food for thought, at least.

788Masri

Hmm, in one of the videos I noticed that when Dante knocked a demon into a wall it looked like the wall got some big cracks in it. Potentially a sign of destructible environments perhaps? I know in DMC3 there was some stuff you could break to find hidden orb fountains, however this looked more like it could potentially be a purely aesthetic thing. Which I find rather interesting since it could be rather neat to look at how the environment got beat up thanks to you. Since we can only imagine since what happens in limbo happens in the real world, those cracks should then also be in the real world. Of course I don't expect to find out of if it's true or not. But still. Food for thought, at least.

i noticed that too. and i was wondering...maybe its more than just aesthetic. perhaps you can use it to skip through areas..eg. rather than go around a building you smash through it. OR the game could be measuring out how much destruction you cause and as what you do in limbo affects the real world, itd affect the story line. eg lets say you smash a lot of buildings, raptor news would say "mass destruction by dante" and if you did minimal damage itd be "Dante attack X lukily police prevented mass destruction but he managed to escape"

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

i noticed that too..:) but i think since limbo is alive and trying to kill dante maybe he can hurt it u know....cuz in the video when u slash it it starts to sort of pump u know like its hurting....so maybe thats it:)

asurai

I thinking that if it is not simply something for aesthetic's, then you will be able to destroy certain walls perhaps to unlock hidden areas and or lead to secret missions. It would make sense, in my opinion. Plus it would encourage exploring the areas entirely in search of hidden things to estroy and all that could lead to hidden stuff.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Honestly, the thing I'd love most for them to keep is the soft, relaxing theme that plays after the final mission, during the Total Ranking screen. That one little theme in the game that allows the player to reflect on everything they've went through to get this far. 1 had it, 3 had it, 4 has it. I'd really love for DmC to have one as well.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
^ Honestly, the thing I'd love most for them to keep is the soft, relaxing theme that plays after the final mission, during the Total Ranking screen. That one little theme in the game that allows the player to reflect on everything they've went through to get this far. 1 had it, 3 had it, 4 has it. I'd really love for DmC to have one as well.

Oh yeah, I love that part. It's like after all the tough battles and demon slaying you've done, it's time to relax, sit back, and check out how you did. I liked the DMC2 music.

Top Bottom