• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC scores

The Final Offer

there is no way of doing that really thanks to the DMC history mode in DMC4 that connects the games events together.

Then DMC 5 = New character new everything?

There's also the opportunity to say that significant events happened, but happened different ways.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
waitwhat.jpg

Wait whoa. TWO playthroughs? In the other thread you said you beat it on every difficulty. In the other thread, you also said that the color coated enemies were a nuisance because they restricted your weapons, but when DMC 3 does it, you're A ok with it? You also said in another thread that you believed that it was replacing the original and thus hate it for that very reason. You thought the game held restrictions in places it truly hadn't.

Flip flop.
Pretty much what Devils Never Cry said. Besides I already said I beaten it on all difficulties only for trophies. Not for fun. So yeah, after 2 play-through it felt repetitive and boring to me. And yes, colored enemies starting to appear in big amounts on higher difficulties, so they only add to boredom. And yes, I still think it replacing original. And if you read, I think enemies in DMC3 are bad, but bosses can give DmC run for the money any day of week

The Final Offer

Pretty much what Devils Never Cry said. Besides I already said I beaten it on all difficulties only for trophies. Not for fun. So yeah, after 2 play-through it felt repetitive and boring to me. And yes, colored enemies starting to appear in big amounts on higher difficulties, so they only add to boredom. And yes, I still think it replacing original. And if you read, I think enemies in DMC3 are bad, but bosses can give DmC run for the money any day of week

So, you're saying, without a doubt, you had fun 2 times with DmC THEN it got boring. So that's like what 12-18 hours of you having fun. So you went through it twice with a smile on your face. Then...you played it a third time...then a fourth..like this...

video-game-gif.gif

FOR TROPHIES!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Then DMC 5 = New character new everything?

There's also the opportunity to say that significant events happened, but happened different ways.

Nah nothing like that, a DMC game isn't a DMC game without Dante, even the reboot had their own version of him.

But maybe a slew of new supporting characters?

And the only way I can honestly see Capcom trying to salvage the story and make it coherent again would be for them to retcon some past events once DMC5 is released.

The Final Offer

Nah nothing like that, a DMC game isn't a DMC game without Dante, even the reboot had their own version of him.

But maybe a slew of new supporting characters?

And the only way I can honestly see Capcom trying to salvage the story and make it coherent again would be for them to retcon some past events once DMC5 is released.

I think if Vergil, Sparda, or Nero were the main characters, no one would complain.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I think if Vergil, Sparda, or Nero were the main characters, no one would complain.

Sparda and Vergil perhaps, but Nero had his shot in DMC4 and we all know how that was received amongst fans.

Besides, many fans still **** on Nero today such as calling him emo,crybaby, and a whiner.

The safe bet here for a DMC5 would be for it to either star Dante, or if they are feeling just a bit risky maybe Vergil or Sparda.

But Nero needs to be relocated to side protagonist in future DMC games in my honest opinion.

He can still be in DMC5 however and we can still get some backstory on him without him being the lead.

The Final Offer

Sparda and Vergil perhaps, but Nero had his shot in DMC4 and we all know how that was received amongst fans.

Besides, many fans still **** on Nero today such as calling him emo,crybaby, and a whiner.

The safe bet here for a DMC5 would be for it to either star Dante, or if they are feeling just a bit risky maybe Vergil or Sparda.

But Nero needs to be relocated to side protagonist in future DMC games in my honest opinion.

He can still be in DMC5 however and we can still get some backstory on him without him being the lead.

The thing that I don't understand about people when it comes to Nero, Dante, and Vergil is that they are all affected by things differently.

Nero is angry, underestimating, and cocky. (Vulnerable)
Vergil is calm, calculating, and cold. (Invulnerable)
Dante is excited, careful, and playful. (Invulnerable)

If any of these personalities offend others then I don't understand what else could make DMC protagonist good. I like Dante and yet no one seems to notice that Lucia and Nero were given their own parts to play in DMC. It's practically, OP Dante interfering with their situation.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The thing that I don't understand about people when it comes to Nero, Dante, and Vergil is that they are all affected by things differently.

Nero is angry, underestimating, and cocky. (Vulnerable)
Vergil is calm, calculating, and cold. (Invulnerable)
Dante is excited, careful, and playful. (Invulnerable)

If any of these personalities offend others then I don't understand what else could make DMC protagonist good. I like Dante and yet no one seems to notice that Lucia and Nero were given their own parts to play in DMC. It's practically, OP Dante interfering with their situation.

Good analyst.

Dante gets to get away with his character traits that may offend thanks to being the poster boy of the DMC series and the character that started it all (I know, sounds kinda messed up but just the way things are).

So another DMC game staring him would most likely be the safest bet here.

But fans tend to play colder towards newer characters such as Nero for example.

That kid received a lot of hate when DMC4 was revealed and after it was released, I'd say it was second only to the way fans reacted to Dante from DmC.

People went on and on about how he was emo and always crying KYRIE!!! at every turn.

They don't understand that he was like that for a reason, doesn't make him a bad character because he cries for the woman that he loves being put in harms way.

And he is angry because those bastards keep f*&king with the things he loves.

I'm not a big Nero fan admittedly, but I don't really dislike his character at all and would love for him to have a role in future DMC games, just not a lead one.

As a suggested earlier, maybe a supporting protagonist one.

The Final Offer

Good analyst.

Dante gets to get away with his character traits that may offend thanks to being the poster boy of the DMC series and the character that started it all (I know, sounds kinda messed up but just the way things are).

So another DMC game staring him would most likely be the safest bet here.

But fans tend to play colder towards newer characters such as Nero for example.

That kid received a lot of hate when DMC4 was revealed and after it was released, I'd say it was second only to the way fans reacted to Dante from DmC.

People went on and on about how he was emo and always crying KYRIE!!! at every turn.

They don't understand that he was like that for a reason, doesn't make him a bad character because he cries for the woman that he loves being put in harms way.

And he is angry because those bastards keep f*&king with the things he loves.

I'm not a big Nero fan admittedly, but I don't really dislike his character at all and would love for him to have a role in future DMC games, just not a lead one.

As a suggested earlier, maybe a supporting protagonist one.

Last thing on Nero and I'm done. Explain to me (any of you) how you'd go about getting a hot woman to love you when having a demonic arm.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Last thing on Nero and I'm done. Explain to me (any of you) how you'd go about getting a hot woman to love you when having a demonic arm.
i'm pretty sure she already loved him before she knew about the arm
and when she did found out it didn't changer her mind

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I laughed at that one. Clever.

On a serious note, has anyone ever though about what it felt like? What it could smell like. The way people would view it?
Metalheads would love it, normal people would hate it (just like anything else they consider "different") and religious nutjobs would go hunting.

As for the smell, I can only assume that it smells like charred lizard -- due to the scales and "smolder-looking effects", I mean.

The Final Offer

Metalheads would love it, normal people would hate it (just like anything else they consider "different") and religious nutjobs would go hunting.

As for the smell, I can only assume that it smells like charred lizard -- due to the scales and "smolder-looking effects", I mean.

Wouldn't it suck if it were a demon's foreskin.....

What? Too much?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

So, you're saying, without a doubt, you had fun 2 times with DmC THEN it got boring. So that's like what 12-18 hours of you having fun. So you went through it twice with a smile on your face. Then...you played it a third time...then a fourth..like this...

FOR TROPHIES!

1 time was fun, since HnS is pretty much my favorite genre, so I closed eyes on story and characters, that annoyed me. Second time I skipped all cutscenes possible, but I felt it was same experience as the first time by the end of playthrough, and all unskipable cutscenes were getting annoying, so when my buddy offered me to buy it for almost same price I bought it, I decided to sell it. Since I wasn't seeing myself replaying it often. So I pushed over 2-3 days for platinum.

Top Bottom