• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC scores

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Just thought I'd ask, but what do you score each DMC game, for me it goes
Devil May Cry: 9/10
Devil May Cry 2: 6.5/10
Devil May Cry 3: 9.5/10
Devil May Cry 4: 8.5/10
DmC: 7/10
Giving reasons for each game is optional, please no hating on anyone else's comment.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
DmC is not a DMC game, hence the name DmC, but whatever, I'll add it to the list.

DMC1: 8/10. For its time it was good, obviously I'm not rating these games based on today's standards. I'm hoping nobody else in this thread does.
DMC2: 6/10
DMC3: 9/10
DMC4: 7.5 or 8/10
DmC: 6.5/10

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
FerventVulcan, dude I didn't like the reboot either. But it's still a Devil May Cry game, it's part of the franchise

You misunderstand. It is a Devil May Cry game, but it's not part of the DMC series. It takes place in a different universe. So it's part of the franchise, but not the previous series. You're confusing the word DMC with Devil May Cry. DMC stands for the old series, DmC for the new game.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You misunderstand. I mean that DmC is not a DMC game. It is a Devil May Cry game, but it's not part of the DMC series. It takes place in a different universe
Okay well when I said "DMC" I just meant Devil May Cry, not just Devil May Cry 1-4. It's irrelevant that it takes place in a different universe. If I made a thread asking "what's your favorite Batman film" I mean ALL Batman films, from the black and white movie serial, to the Adam West movie based on the show, to the Tim Burton and (yes even him) Joel Schumacher films and finally, Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Okay well when I said "DMC" I just meant Devil May Cry, not just Devil May Cry 1-4. It's irreverent that it takes place in a different universe. If I made a thread asking "what's your favorite Batman film" I mean ALL Batman films, from the black and white movie serial, to the Adam West movie based on the show, to the Tim Burton and (yes even him) Joel Schumacher films and finally, Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy.

I think you mean 'irrelevant'. You have to understand that saying DMC is not the same as saying Devil May Cry. DMC is a part of the Devil May Cry franchise, and so is DmC. If you meant Devil May Cry, you should've said so. DMC is DMC1 to DMC4. Devil May Cry is the umbrella term for both DMC and DmC. DmC is not a DMC game - that's why it's got an underscore 'm'.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I think you mean 'irrelevant'. You have to understand that saying DMC is not the same as saying Devil May Cry. DMC is a part of the Devil May Cry franchise, and so is DmC. If you meant Devil May Cry, you should've said so. DMC is DMC1 to DMC4. Devil May Cry is the umbrella term for both DMC and DmC. DmC is not a DMC game - that's why it's got an underscore 'm'.
Ahh (damn spell check). DMC stands for Devil May Cry, I don't see why I had to explain, as DmC is still a Devil May Cry game, I don't see where it is said that it has to be used as anything other then as a simple abbreviation. I honestly am starting to think you're just trying to make a big deal out of this.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Ahh (damn spell check). DMC stands for Devil May Cry, I don't see why I had to explain, as DmC is still a Devil May Cry game, I don't see where it is said that it has to be used as anything other then as a simple abbreviation. I honestly am starting to think you're just trying to make a big deal out of this.

DMC stands for DMC1 to 4. They take place in a different universe with mostly different characters. DmC stands for the new game, the new timeline and universe. DmC has an underscore 'm' to distinguish it from DMC. Your question in fact means 'how do you score DMC1 to DMC4'. You asked me a question about why I make the distinction, so I answered. Anyway, it's mainly my problem XD It's just that I'm a bit anal about whether something is correct or not :p

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
"DMC stands for DMC1 to 4." DMC stand for Devil May Cry, when I said DMC games I meant Devil May Cry games, if I just meant the classic series, I would have specified by saying "Original DMC games " or "DMC1-4". "They take place in a different universe with mostly different characters. DmC stands for the new game, the new timeline and universe." I'm fully aware of this, I have played all the games. "DmC has an underscore 'm' to distinguish it from DMC." Again fully aware, but DmC is still a Devil May Cry game and DMC as I've said stands for Devil May Cry (he!! the game's full title is DmC: Devil May Cry, with the "May" having a capitalized m, the lowercase m in "DmC" is obviously meant to distinguish the title of the game, with the abbreviation for the franchise in general) God I feel like I'm arguing with A203D (the guy who insists that anyone against DmC is a "lying DMC4" and that anyone who likes DMC4 is not a "True DMC fan", and when we try to tell him otherwise he accuses us of trying to shove our opinions down his throat, when it's exactly what he does)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Thank you
DMC4: 7/10 (shame about the blatantly recycled levels and bosses)
I have to agree, the first time I played DMC4 (it was my first game for the PS3) I didn't mind so much cause I was finally playing as Dante, then almost a year ago my old PS3 died and I found myself getting one of those 500 GB super slims. But I had to replay all my games (I still haven't finished) first thing I did was play all the DMC games in release order (as you can imagine, DMC2 was the most painful as I had just had a lot of fun playing DMC1 over again, and then I had to get through it before I could play DMC3 which is my favorite.) and it really hit me "Huh, I'm really just replaying the game over with a different character"

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Why reply if you don't want to hear it?
I never said DmC is not part of the Devil May Cry franchise! It's not part of the DMC series, meaning DMC1 to DMC4. I tried to simply explain, why are you getting defensive about nothing? My point is, DmC is not part of the DMC series. The DMC series tells of old Dante, Vergil and eventually Nero. It takes place in a different universe - it's even called a reboot, for pete's sake. DmC might become its own series altogether, unrelated to the DMCs. If you accidentally say 'DMC', that could be confusing - especially when future DmCs are released.

Yes, DMC stands for DMC1 to DMC4. The old series has always been referred to as DMC. Since DmC's release, a distinction has been made between DMC and DmC - the lower case m. This serves to avoid confusion. The old games are simply called Devil May Cry (abbreviation is DMC), while DmC's full title is DmC: Devil May Cry. When you ask us to give all DMC games scores, that literally means you want us to score DMC1 to DMC4. The correct question would be ''how do you score all Devil May Cry games?''

Now, back to the topic... I hope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom