• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Review by Angry Joe

MedicoreR

Still doesn't mean I'm editing what he says.
Is this a joke?

This is my first post (please PAY ATTENTION TO THE BOLD LETTERS) :
This is the answer i want.
You are saying ''RE6 is a good game but a terrible RE game.'' also you are the side of ''DmC is a good game but a terrible DMC game''

Capcom did the RE6 and they couldnt satisfy you, and i believe you feel the same way with Dragons Dogma too.
How come do you think they would do better while we have a training mode game DMC4?
A no story, 10 missions, 10 backward, 2 songs, 4 hours lenght, 3 weapons (and a 1 drum weapon just to satisfy your guitar weapon longing from DMC3) game?

I wasnt talking about DMC4. I was trying to tell you, even if Capcom did this game, it wouldnt be better than this. So i said you want a game with no story,10 missions, 3 weapons with a drum concept?

But you took my words, cut it with ... and showed like i was talking baout DMC4.

Here's what you've said.

"A no story, 10 missions, 10 backward, 2 songs, 4 hours lenght, 3 weapons . . . "
After that, you switched to: "what songs played while Nero fight aganist his casual enemies?"

You originally said TWO songs. You didn't specify anything until after Slacri pointed out that there were a lot more.

The funny thing i remember someone cutted your words, and you got ****ed one week ago.
Please don't put words in my mouth. I said I GENERALLY like action/fighter games. I never said I only play action/fighter games. I enjoy plenty of different genres.

If you guys stop being stubborns and say ''sorry'' instead, it wouldnt go so far.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yes, because it's taking these themes seriously and not living up. How is the studio themselves advertising something and not living up not a legitimate complaint?

Dude...no one, from NT to Capcom, advertised "Shakespearean" writing. It was something an actress said about themes she felt some of the characters fit. Was she right? Was she wrong? Who gives a sh*t? It was her opinion. It's not a legitimate complaint because no one but the people complaining posited it as something to expect the game to live up to.

Even if you want to argue on the morality of the subject it makes Dante look like an idiot and it's a clear scene that's taking itself so seriously.

I don't see what Dante has to do with Vergil's act of democide, aside from getting screwed over by his own brother's actions, when Dante promised not to hurt them. And what's wrong with it being a serious scene? It's supposed to be a tense moment.

They've only told us it's a spin-off series. As far as we know there is no DMC5 in development or announced. Especially because Itsuno's team is working on Dragon's Dogma 2 now.

And none of that means there won't be a DMC5 :/ As far as we know there's also no Resident Evil 7, or Street Fighter V in development or announced.

Slacri

Dude...no one, from NT to Capcom, advertised "Shakespearean" writing. It was something an actress said about themes she felt some of the characters fit. Was she right? Was she wrong? Who gives a sh*t? It was her opinion. It's not a legitimate complaint because no one but the people complaining posited it as something to expect the game to live up to.
Yes, an actress that works for Ninja Theory in a video they clearly edited ridiculously. If they didn't see it as an accurate depiction of their game they would've edited it out. Even then, Ninja Theory says on their site it is their goal to set games on the same level of art as books and movies.

I don't see what Dante has to do with Vergil's act of democide, aside from getting screwed over by his own brother's actions, when Dante promised not to hurt them. And what's wrong with it being a serious scene? It's supposed to be a tense moment.
Yes and it doesn't fit in a game people claim is not taking itself seriously. Even then, Dante looks like an idiot for just watching Vergil do these things that put them all in danger and barely doing anything. He's oh so shocked when it turns out Vergil isn't such a cool guy later too.

And none of that means there won't be a DMC5 :/ As far as we know there's also no Resident Evil 7, or Street Fighter V in development or announced.
They don't have other games that are taking over their development though.

Paexie

Yes, an actress that works for Ninja Theory in a video they clearly edited ridiculously. If they didn't see it as an accurate depiction of their game they would've edited it out. Even then, Ninja Theory says on their site it is their goal to set games on the same level of art as books and movies.
Are you freaking serious? Do other actors have to watch out what their opinions are in movies too? They usually say what they feel (they are only contractually obligated not to spoil and damn the product but there are loop holes aka Edward Cullen's actor) and if that FEELS inaccurate for YOU, that is also YOUR opinion man.

Presentation wise their games have reached a level of movies... with that said, not all books and movies are gold now are they?

Slacri

Are you freaking serious? Do other actors have to watch out what their opinions are in movies too? They usual say what they feel and if that FEELS inaccurate for YOU, that is also YOUR opinion man.
I never said that, I'm saying it was clearly a marketing video by the developers and if Ninja Theory felt it misrepresented the story they would have edited out.

Presentation wise their games have reached a level of movies... with that said, not all books and movies are gold now are they?
The fact that they used the specific wording of "elevate game experience into one that can rival film and literature" really implies something other than just making cutscenes.

Paexie

I never said that, I'm saying it was clearly a marketing video by the developers and if Ninja Theory felt it misrepresented the story they would have edited out.

The fact that they used the specific wording of "elevate game experience into one that can rival film and literature" really implies something other than just making cutscenes.
Again... why should you be SWAYED by an actress' opinion as a bullet point in the game's features... Enslaved has the same stuff like this as marketing. Do you really get easily brainwashed by media as the game suggests or do you just ignore the fact that it was an actor saying what she felt the characters represented?

Seriously you are smarter than this. There are worse cases of this...

Enslaved and Heavenly Sword do show B movie excellence (with A+ on presentation). It's a goal not a fact.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I figured out how to multi-quote.

Anyway, onto business. Presentation doesn't just mean cutscenes. It means the graphics, performance, sound, and story. Maybe even how the gameplay feels and looks. I do agree and like that Ninja Theory has a set and written goal when making games. Their games are cinematic and try to challenge themes/ideas not often used by other developers. Does that mean they're the only one? No, of course not. Hideo Kojima and his team have done the same thing. thatgamecompany did it with Journey using a silent picture theme. Naughty Dog has done it with the Uncharted series which is basically Indiana Jones for the PS3; Tomb Raider is a bit different compared to Uncharted in my opinion, especially the new one. Sleeping Dogs by United Front Games is basically a dream come true for Asian martial arts film lovers. And among other game developers.

The difference is how and at what angle they're approaching. Ninja Theory is touching morality with "Is this right or is this wrong?" a blurred morality. Hideo Kojima with Metal Gear is sending a message about war. Rocksteady Studios made an extremely amazing game with Batman. What themes and ideas? Not much, but good vs evil. It's Batman we want. We want to see Batman in action, we want to see Gotham, Joker, Mr. Freeze, Bane, etc. Not only do we want to see, we want to play. We want to be absorbed into the world of Gotham and be the Batman, be the savior Gotham needs, but does not deserve.

That's how I see presentation.

Slacri

Again... why should you be SWAYED by an actress' opinion as a bullet point in the game's features... Enslaved has the same stuff like this as marketing. Do you really get easily brainwashed by media as the game suggests or do you just ignore the fact that it was an actor saying what she felt the characters represented?
Because they included it in their developer video and they put it as a representation of their thoughts. Yes, and Enslaved actually had great writing. Probably because NT didn't write it.

Seriously you are smarter than this. There are worse cases of this...

Enslaved and Heavenly Sword do show B movie excellence (with A+ on presentation). It's a goal not a fact.
I thought Enslaved was great and Heavenly Sword was decent.

Paexie

Because they included it in their developer video and they put it as a representation of their thoughts. Yes, and Enslaved actually had great writing. Probably because NT didn't write it.
And the actors didn't write it so again why should it sway you as fact when Enslaved could be seen as poor to someone else.

Slacri

And the actors didn't write it so again
Yet the developers did, and if they felt it was inaccurate to their vision they would've edited it out because they clearly did edit the video a lot. You'd have a point if the actress just said this in a random interview or something, but this was a developer diary.
why should it sway you as fact when Enslaved could be seen as poor to someone else.
It was decently written, the characters had depth and the story knew what it wanted to be.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Why the hell would they edit out half of what she's saying when she still talking about what she thinks of the characters. And just because an actress says something doesn't mean two entire companies feel the exact same way as her. Nevertheless, the fact is that, as I said, neither Ninja Theory nor Capcom advertised or sold the game as having "Shakespearaen" writing that people are bitching about.

Yes and it doesn't fit in a game people claim is not taking itself seriously. Even then, Dante looks like an idiot for just watching Vergil do these things that put them all in danger and barely doing anything. He's oh so shocked when it turns out Vergil isn't such a cool guy later too.

I don't get it. First the game takes itself too seriously to be allowed to have little jokes here and there, and now it's not supposed to be taking itself too seriously to have a serious moment...? Dante looks like an idiot for the two seconds he watches Vergil do something irreversible, and then proceeds to do what he had wanted to do the whole time - save Kat.

And all that scene showed to Dante was that Vergil was willing to do whatever it took to free humanity. He's rightly surprised when Vergil talks about ruling over humanity because...well...that's the first anyone had heard of it. Dante was under the impression that they were just freeing humanity from Mundus' reign, like everyone else thought.

They don't have other games that are taking over their development though.

And...? DmC is done and out, and the primary development was done by a completely different studio anyway. I've said this before, but DMC5 is the Schrödinger's cat of video games - we can't say whether it will happen or not.

Paexie

Yet the developers did, and if they felt it was inaccurate to their vision they would've edited it out because they clearly did edit the video a lot. You'd have a point if the actress just said this in a random interview or something, but this was a developer diary.
It was decently written, the characters had depth and the story knew what it wanted to be.
I'm serious do you really need this to be a bullet in the game or do you really have to take an actress' opinion for truth? Marketing lies to an extent that can be considered true, but this was different...

Honestly

Are you really this dense to want to believe in a single thought

Of a single person

As fact

Are you really gonna let this cloud your better judgement?

Think all you want about the story, mechanics, presentation, ect, but to put other's opinions as factual is inane. Blaming whoever edited that developer diary didn't feel like it was harmful to the game which is all an actor is supposed to do when interviewed... this feels like a snide way to prove your point. When I've seen tons of developer diaries proclaiming that the game will be in the legues of The Legend of Zelda (Darksiders) and weren't. Seriously. Opinion is an opinion, an editor can cut that out but really

You are better than that, right?

Slacri

I'm serious do you really need this to be a bullet in the game or do you really have to take an actress opinion for truth? Marketing lies to an extent that can be considered true, but this was different...
The developers are releasing her statements as a personal dev diary. How do you not get that this represents the developers views of the game as well?

Again, you're acting as if she said it to a random interviewer from IGN or something.
proclaiming that the game will be in the legues of The Legend of Zelda (Darksiders
What? Darksiders puzzle solving and weapons was very much like Legend of Zelda, to the point where its borderline ripping it off.

Top Bottom