• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Review by Angry Joe

Slacri

Holy ****! That's a lot of things to do and remember. And this is why I suck at RPGs especially if they're "timed" like this. Curse you Majora's Mask (not a RPG though, but still, "timed"), I couldn't beat you as a little kid because of my poor videogame skills back then. But I beat you when I was older. Can't wait to play Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII with its "timed" gameplay. Yay . . .
To be fair those are just some good tips, the game's not clearly as complicated as his post makes it sound. You can still get through the game without doing things like that. It just makes it easier. Although the game isn't difficult to begin with. It's like DMC and jump cancelling.

Downfall

Holy ****! That's a lot of things to do and remember. And this is why I suck at RPGs especially if they're "timed" like this. Curse you Majora's Mask (not a RPG though, but still, "timed"), I couldn't beat you as a little kid because of my poor videogame skills back then. But I beat you when I was older. Can't wait to play Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII with its "timed" gameplay. Yay . . .

Yeah, but you can turn back time all you want in MM. Here, you can only turn back the clock for a week (if you waste too much time, that is).

But yeah, timed gameplay is both good and bad. We just have to get used to it. :lol:

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Yeah, but you can turn back time all you want in MM. Here, you can only turn back time a week (if you waste too much time).

But yeah, timed gameplay is both good and bad. We just have to get used to it. :lol:
Yeah, but you had three days, Redeads, the least amount of bosses/temples for heart containers, Redeads, a ton of sidequests, REDEADS, I was a kid back then, REDEADS!, disturbing setting when you looked back on it, and did I mention REDEADS!!!

As for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy (I don't understand Square Enix's need to name games like this) I think you can rewind time by mur-kil-ending the lives of unfortunate creatures. It's a set time though I think. We'll just have to wait until the game is out.

To be fair those are just some good tips, the game's not clearly as complicated as his post makes it sound. You can still get through the game without doing things like that. It just makes it easier. Although the game isn't difficult to begin with. It's like DMC and jump cancelling.
No kidding. I remember reading how Demon's Souls was so hard. It's not hard, it's tedious as sin. Take your time, find these items, level up, "Touch the soul inside", "The monumental . . .", farm material to level up, etc. Oh, and don't grind too much, makes the game even more boring. As it turns out, I was playing the game more wrong than right (Bad grammar?).

Same thing with Ninja Gaiden (2). Just don't rush in like an idiot. The game is challenging, but not hellishly hard. A lot of things are like this. Sometimes you have to just take a leap of faith and see how difficult something is.

Top Bottom