• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Review by Angry Joe

8BitHero

Scrub
Oh man so funny! I love AJ.
A few things I slightly SLIGHTLY disagree with. I honestly don't understand how having black hair makes you emo but whatever...
Still good, review with a lot of pros and cons that're well thought out. The kind of review people should be watching. The hell is that music video about though? D:

Soupie

I agree with everything he has to say, bar the characterization bit. They're a little of a hit and miss, but not a mess.

MedicoreR

Wow Dantes appearance !.. What a big deal !

He put deeply pointless music video. The game OSTs are so good.
And i've seen like thousands of EMO people and they were all look like the old Dante (who has long hair and covers his eyes)
About his behaviour? Ok, but werent you all cocky while you are in adolescence real life?

Whatever, i dont care how it looks, the game itself is important. And it seems Joe likes it very much. And all other elements are better than previous games he said.

And DT is a dissapointment?
Now you dissapointed me, Joe.

The game is an easy 8.5/10.. Cant be lower.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
He brings up good points, I just don't agree about the combat part. I also would have liked if he brought up the differences between the technical aspect of DmC and DMC3/4.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
For me that was a good review. Not overly praising, but not saying the game was a load of crap. Points out the flaws, but also says what he likes.

One question: Does anyone know the name of that band at the start? :lol: I have not seen anything like that before.

MedicoreR

He brings up good points, I just don't agree about the combat part. I also would have liked if he brought up the differences between the technical aspect of DmC and DMC3/4.
Agreed.
He says he liked the game better. But all his points about new Dante? I wish he compared the story combat graphics musics cutscenes action missions bosses...
A weak review from Joe..

Whatever, maybe Joe wants to make a review both haters and lovers cant fight about.

ChaserTech

Agreed.
He says he liked the game better. But all his points about new Dante? I wish he compared the story combat graphics musics cutscenes action missions bosses...
A weak review from Joe..

Whatever, maybe Joe wants to make a review both haters and lovers cant fight about.

He talked about the combat, pointed out the soundtrack was good as well as the story.
He even talked about the bosses and level design? What more do you want? :/ It was a pretty good review.

ChaserTech

i said compare Chaser

He compared the combat system slightly, although not to a great extent since his main point was that DmC's combat system allowed newcomers to pick it up fairly well. And he supports the fact that it's easier to get into. He also compared about characters' personalities and stated that DMC's story was never Capcom's strong point. And he even points out the Lock - On system and the style system.

Just because it's an extension of DMC, doesn't mean that he has to compare every single aspect of it. This review is fairly decent and it honestly sounds like you're being extremely nitpicky about it just because he didn't give it a 8.5 rating.

ZeroLove

Though I disagree with some of the aspects of the review (which are mostly just opinion based), this is a good review and AJ gave it a nice score.

EvilX-81

He almost lost me when he started going on about the wig scene. :shifty: But the overall review was good. Agree with some things, disagree with others.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Oh man so funny! I love AJ.
A few things I slightly SLIGHTLY disagree with. I honestly don't understand how having black hair makes you emo but whatever...
Still good, review with a lot of pros and cons that're well thought out. The kind of review people should be watching. The hell is that music video about though? D:
Is it...bad I liked the music in that music video? :lol:

There's some things I don't agree with, but I like that he was honest and addressed the trolling that's been going on with this game (so THAT'S why the user score is low, I bet you that's what they've been doing on youtube videos, making a whole bunch of accounts and going full thumbs down).

When it comes down to character stuff, I just think because the game's more in a real world setting that it's tricky to carry all that crazy stuff over from the originals. That's why I like to think of DmC as a film version and Devil May Cry as an anime ^^ who knows, maybe they could work a bit more of that humor in a future game.

But really I think it's just different opinions, and I think Joe is right, it does serve as a good introduction to Devil May Cry, even if he only meant just in the combat. But for n00bs like me, I might not be a Devil May Cry if not for this so...la <3

Dante94513

Great review. The game is not a gem, but it's by NO means a bad game and like he said, the 0s and 2s are ridiculous. I give the game around an 8.6 to an 9.0. It has it's flaws, but they are minor and game was great enough to give me that score. I still disagree about the auto lock though. It was very easy to control even during the other difficulties.

KaizenShio

a 7 is fair by the Harshest of critics The way he bashes the game at first i thought he was gonna give it a 5 lmao I have a new respect for this guy lol

Paexie

I really liked his review and to be honest I agreed with pretty much everything in it. I just happen to enjoy the game a lot, but I do see where others will not.

Top Bottom