• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Possibly. There's some artwork from Famitsu that shows Rebellion with a wing-like crossguard. Whether it was concept art or something else, we'll have to wait and see.

Dante94513

Yup.That's 60fps. If not similar, but still very clear framerate (I might get it for PC too). Though it has barely any effect on the combat's speed (NOT SAYING THE GAME IS SLOW AT ALL. IT'S ****ING FAST). It just means to me that 60 fps is just mostly eyecandy. But you do see more animation on the attacks.

Dante94513

Man. I've been playing the demo for so long, and there is still stuff I don't know and still need to master. I practice with Osiris for a while when using prop, immediately cancel with E&I with one shot, cancel it with prop again, then cancel with E&I one shot, repeat repeat. I tried prop again on the frost knight, then I immediately cancel it with angel dodge getting far away from the frost knight, then use streak to catch up to him quickly. I was able to keep him in the air above me. I tried prop + one shot E&I + one hit Rebellion + million stab, streak, or Flush with Arbiter (which if quickly performed can launch the enemy in the air. I've done about over a dozen times). One combo that is hard to master (for me anyway) is prop + immediately cancel to one shot E&I + Raze. I've done that about 5 times now.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yup.That's 60fps. If not similar, but still very clear framerate (I might get it for PC too). Though it has barely any effect on the combat's speed (NOT SAYING THE GAME IS SLOW AT ALL. IT'S ****ING FAST). It just means to me that 60 fps is just mostly eyecandy. But you do see more animation on the attacks.

It definitely proves to those annoying fanboys that FPS have nothing to do with the speed of DMC.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Just thought I'd bring a new technique to the table. I haven't seen it around and this is as good a thread as any to mention it.

You can do Dante's neutral air dodge on the ground! Just do Inverse Rainstorm, then quickly (but not immediately) tap the dodge button with a neutral control stick. Timing's pretty lenient, but it might take a few tries. It seems that Inverse Rainstorm becomes aerial very quickly, and can be dodge-cancelled even faster than jumping. Looks pretty slick to see Dante backflip in place, and it doesn't give up any positioning, somewhat like Angel Dance.

doing this actually extends your invincibility frames. Even after the animation is over, there is a couple frames when Dante stands still and enemy hits will actually fly right through him, but its really a small frame your looking for. With that said, as soon as the enemy attack animation starts you can actually start doing the R-rainstorm, into the dodge and you should be safe. Against the Chainsaw guys, they usually keep attacking the same spot for a while, so after you do dodge the initial attack, be sure to move away.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I suppose, but the reasons for the slowdown are different, aren't they? One is for cinematic flair, and the other is just hitstun.

chocolatepanda

i think Virgil has a real impact like move but with a sword. Its right at 51 seconds where he does the upper slash thing. Its not a long pause but he still pauses for a sec on impact..

Frantix

Anyone remember that Metal and Go DmC music video?

I'm trying to find the song. I can't remember the name.

Top Bottom