• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I was told the DLC is also free if you preorder, but that just seems too good to be true. Probably my brother lying out his ass to me again. XD
No that's true. If you preorder the game from EB Games, Gamestop or if you preorder from PSN you get the Vergil DLC completely free.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That doesn't look like a recent build of the game...I'm wondering if that's actually the demo version we'll be getting, or if it's some random older review build they had to promote the demo coming out.

Dante's face isn't next to the Vitality gauge, his eyes don't change color when you use Angel or Devil mode, the Vitality gauge isn't segmented into blocks, the DT gauge isn't regularly longer like the recent builds, and there's no display of the Upgrade Points above the Red Orbs counter. They also don't run into a Divinity Statue, or any keys or Sealed Doors...

I have my doubts that this is the public demo build we'll be getting in a few days.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
(Arnold Schwarzenegger tone): I'M BACK!!!!!!

Hello my DmC loving friends! So, I was gone for a quite a long time and couldn't keep up with all of the updates (damn my work) but I'm soooo hyped about this demo right now!!! Finally, I can make love with my controller once again!!!! Wait, what? ....

Paexie

That doesn't look like a recent build of the game...I'm wondering if that's actually the demo version we'll be getting, or if it's some random older review build they had to promote the demo coming out.

Dante's face isn't next to the Vitality gauge, his eyes don't change color when you use Angel or Devil mode, the Vitality gauge isn't segmented into blocks, the DT gauge isn't regularly longer like the recent builds, and there's no display of the Upgrade Points above the Red Orbs counter. They also don't run into a Divinity Statue, or any keys or Sealed Doors...

I have my doubts that this is the public demo build we'll be getting in a few days.
Maybe those features are cut out so the download wouldn't be so big (i hope not)? I doubt that this is the build we are getting as well. They could just be showing off the two levels we can expect, too. It's just too odd for NT/Capcom to hold back on it.

Can't wait to figure out which/what is the extra stage. That's a whole lot of content for a free demo and what I mean by free is that we don't have to have PS+ and the like.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, it seems really odd that NT and Capcom would advertise a demo with a lot of features, and then suddenly someone is showing off an older build talking about how this is the demo we get. Those guys in the video sorta sounded like toolbags, too...

Paexie

Yeah, it seems really odd that NT and Capcom would advertise a demo with a lot of features, and then suddenly someone is showing off an older build talking about how this is the demo we get. Those guys in the video sorta sounded like toolbags, too...
Yeah, who the hell complains about the damn ranking system being in there telling you that you need to mix it up more? Christ.

7yYs2.gif

At least there is this. -Insert "making my way downtown song" or/and "haters gonna hate" joke here-

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Early demo of what's to come

I don't think that's our demo. There's a lot of features missing in that video that were advertised to be in the demo we get. It looks like those guys are playing an older build of the game. The HUD looks nothing like the most current build.

ReverseSuperman

Yeah, who the hell complains about the damn ranking system being in there telling you that you need to mix it up more? Christ.

7yYs2.gif

At least there is this. -Insert "making my way downtown song" or/and "haters gonna hate" joke here-

I am picturing "Staying Alive", playing as he is walking. On some Saturday Night Fever status. :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Man, this game's environmental design still intrigues me. I love how even just stray points of that black stuff coming out of the walls will reach out for Dante when you get close, and how things crumple up when he walks past them.

scionicspectre

I actually believe the guy that hitting the ceiling would be much more difficult at this point. Anyone taking him up on that bet in a couple days?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'll give it a try at some point. I think my main goal will be utilizing Jump cancels for continuous combos without using Demon Pull and Angel Lift for positioning. Since the finales of a lot of moves blast the enemy away, canceling will be good for keeping something going without having to grapple.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I'll give it a try at some point. I think my main goal will be utilizing Jump cancels for continuous combos without using Demon Pull and Angel Lift for positioning. Since the finales of a lot of moves blast the enemy away, canceling will be good for keeping something going without having to grapple.
Man I'm getting so pumped thinking about what people are going to discover in this demo. Especially when it comes to cancelling moves. Think about it, one of us might discover a completely new technique never seen in past Devil May Crys.

Top Bottom