• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Just played the demo. I was actually playing DMC4 while I waited for the download.

To say one thing, this game is very fair, but still punishes you accordingly. It's just as challenging as the others though, but will never p*ss you off enough for you to stop playing. The Stylish Meter felt more like it was encouraging me to do better, rather than disheartening me about my score. It shows what combos you'll pull off, which is very satisfying and helpful if you did something by accident.

This game is hard. I mean, very hard. Enemies attacks are designed well, especially ones with shields or chainsaws. I like how the gameforces you to experiment, but does so naturally. You learn new combosand and strategies by playing the game more often. I found myself messing some moves up. I guess this is what Tameem meant by "Easy to learn, hard to master."

Now the opening cutscene runs through the story. It seems we'll have a lot of new ploy points that were either never discussed in DMC3 or that never happened. The environments are beautiful, and the game never had any framerate issues for me.

For skeptics, play the demo. Don't expect a master piece. Expect another Devil May Cry game. Don't go into it wanting to like it or hate it. Go in neutral. You may enjoy it.

When in Neutral when first played it....
Was waaaaaay to easy and boring, even on SoS.

chocolatepanda

Found out you can actually die in the when the city tries to crush dante. One part the wall actually crushed me(took awhile though) and then the ground actually fall underneath you if you're to slow.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Multiple people have complained about it so I doubt its that, plus the PS3 version of enslaved had noticeable frame drops as well.

I can vouch that mine has no framerate drops either...and I played Enslaved, which I did get drops on. So...I don't know what those people are talking about, because mine's perfectly fine. During gameplay, I should say, where it counts.

The cutscenes are a bit choppy, but...eeeehhh, I can deal with that, as long as the game isn't, which it isn't :p

Gbraga

The Under Watch part was pretty nice on SoS, better enemy variety and they were a lot more aggressive, not really a very hard game, but a challenging one.

The Poison boss fight was pretty awful though, and I can't help but feel speechless by the fact that some journalists actually died several times (one even rage quitted) playing it ON NORMAL. Seriously, that boss fight was so easy and boring...

But the Under Watch and the secret missions were pretty good, I'll stay tuned for the PC version.

scionicspectre

I'm so hungry for more! I'm glad they got some interesting secret missions in there as well. I had a difficult time deciding whether to keep going to the harder difficulties or just stay back and learn some crazy combos in a controlled area.

Also, if I'm being honest, it seems like the demon dodge is easier to pull off than a Just Guard. Either way, tons of fun ways to play with the moves- this game feels much more flexible and open than any previous Devil May Cry. I remember playing the DMC 4 demo, and man they couldn't have gotten me to play that more than a few times. But this, this is sweet- it just feels so much better than I was expecting (and I was expecting it to be good).

And it's really not that easy to get up to SSS! They know me so well. T3T Needless to say, I don't regret my preorder at all.

Also, the auto-targeting works very well- it feels much smoother than locking on. I had a lot of fun sweeping guys into the air and switching between them and the angels. Also- super cheap tactic, just angel pull and helm break the angels to get them on the ground if you want to pulverize them with Arbiter. Good stuff, that Son of Sparda mode.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm loving the demo so far. I took some time to keep repeating the Stylish Victory secret mission, to get some more practice in with the controls. It wasn't so bad, other than since I had been playing PlayStation All-Stars all day (waiting for the demo) I was hung up on those controls. Getting the hang of it now :3

Still no framerate drops during gameplay, as well.

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
I just wait to see if anyone will hack the demo for other leaked info :p Demo is great!been playing it like 100 times from yesterday but even in SoS difficulty i find it a bit easy ;/

scionicspectre

I honestly wonder if I can go back to the previous DMC games without feeling a little cheated, now. I mean, just the way this game LOOKS is so amazing in comparison. The poses, man.

They did develop the game with Dante Must Die in mind, and I think a great deal of the difficulty derives from getting your rank up, not necessarily avoiding death. I'm sure once we get to Dante Must Die and Hell or Hell mode, we won't find it too easy.

I mean, if I'm being honest, Very Hard and Son of Sparda in previous games doesn't feel a lot more difficult than this, except just maybe on the boss battle. And if it isn't quite as tough as Devil May Cry 3's Dante Must Die, I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it.

majeh116

The Under Watch part was pretty nice on SoS, better enemy variety and they were a lot more aggressive, not really a very hard game, but a challenging one.

The Poison boss fight was pretty awful though, and I can't help but feel speechless by the fact that some journalists actually died several times (one even rage quitted) playing it ON NORMAL. Seriously, that boss fight was so easy and boring...

But the Under Watch and the secret missions were pretty good, I'll stay tuned for the PC version.
honestly? the poison boss kicked my ass many times on sos

Blacknerd

Ill just copy past what I said on capcom cu one note though. ahem WHOEVER SAID SOS MODE WAS EASY SCREW YOU :3 that is all.

Welp after 2 years of waiting im glad to say that this demo did not dissapoint. It was far better than MGRs demo. At any rate not ot turn this into a veruses debate but DmC was damn fun. My fingers had to get used to the controlls but after that I had a blast but sadly because I nevered played this I didnt get S the first time lol oh well im just going to keep practicing. Also its a bit difficult staying in the air for me agian cause of the controlls but im sure ill get the hang of it.

GJ capcom/NT ill write feed back on the minor issues Ive had with the demo. Simply because PS3 doesnt always have the best preformance with other multiplatform games. Dunno why though out well.

overall so far 8.5/10 Loved it cant wait to play the full version

Dominus

I still feel the controls are super clunky, and the lack of a hard lock-on when you have two different colored enemies is a huge pain. They should have given demon and angel trigger buttons the toggle option (like how some fpses give you the option to hold crouch or tap crouch to stay crouched). I'd say it is fun but I don't feel as in control as I did in previous DMC games and that felt like a key aspect of the series. Feels very GOW like to me. Also if you use demon dodge you can get to SSS pretty quickly, and your style meter does not go down with time.

Also feels boring using only one weapon on the specific weapon enemies, especially when you have to use the slow demon one... I think they should have made those enemies weak to that attack but allow you to use other weapons (that have less of an effect)...

Paexie

Yeah I agree on the aligned enemies thing. I really hope the combos possible for each weapon amps up as you progress in the game. Not having that many choices on those particular enemies really breaks the flow for me.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
The game runs smoothly on my PS3 and its friggin gorgeous! It took me a while to get into the combat but by the third play-through I was switching between Devil and Angel powers like the best of them. I enjoyed hunting down every lost soul and the secret missions (a bit less insane when it comes to objective hence they were manageable but the could ramp it up a bit in the final version) were nice. Overall, the demo left me feeling good about the game and about NT's work overall and I'm more stoked than ever to get my copy of the full game!

Top Bottom