• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Blacknerd

Because nearly every action game of this time uses soft lock I found no problem with it in this game. My only complaint really in that area is the cameras spacing should be alot larger and the speed of it should be faster. Then sometimes I do find myself doing a stinger in all the wrong directions like in mgr. Though not as often

On a side note I keep trying to do a no damage play though on SoS but good god thats not possible with all those annoying flying enemies and the chainsaw enemies running amuck makes it damn near impossible esp when im dodging my butt off.

AngelMode

I've played both 360 and PS3 demos now and I found some differences. The actual game (during gameplay) looks a bit prettier on the PS3 (the lighting can get a bit too intense though) but some in-game cutscenes and stuff (like when they focus in on Dante's eyes at this one point) have some weird shadowing, which I never saw on the 360. Also, my PS3 locked up on me during my first run of Underwatch.... but that stuff happens all the time with any game.

Overall, I'm getting it for the 360 because of the controller. It's really hard for me to hold down the PS3 triggers, it feels like my fingers are gonna run off the button.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
The demo has been a blast so far! It takes a while to get used to the new controls, but once you do, you can do so many crazy combos! So far I've played through the first mission about 4 times, the first was on Nephilim and after that it was strictly SoS mode. I love the added challenge and bigger enemy variety that SoS brings, even if the flying enemies do get a bit annoying at times. I've only played the boss mission once and while it's a cool boss fight, you dont get the joy of doing all the crazy combos like you do on groups of minions.

I've also located all of the lost souls, keys, and secret doors. They're pretty easy to find if you just keep your eyes open and I hope that keeps true throughout the game, because locating the secret missions and blue orb fragments in previous DMC's were quite the chore since they were hidden so well. It's also nice that finding everything will grant you a SSS bonus on the mission rank screen for ever subsequent playthrough. Thanks to that I was able to get an S rank on SoS mode even though I had 7 deaths (I didnt really die 7 times, I just didn't realize that using 'Restart from Checkpoint' counted as deaths on the results screen.)

I do have one negative thing to say about the game thus far. I hate the dodge. By itself, it's not a bad dodge, but in the heat of combat, you'll notice really quickly that the dodge wont break your attack animation. Which means if you're swinging that giant, slow axe at something and something else takes a swing at you, you better hope that your animation finishes before their swing comes down or else there wont be anything you can do about it. It's just one of those things that most action games get wrong and Bayonetta got so, so right. In a game that moves at a breakneck speed, such as this, locking you into an animation makes the controls feel way less responsive than they should. It makes even less sense when you consider that you get a damage bonus for dodging at the last second. :/

All in all, this demo is fun as all heck to play and just gets me more excited for the release than I already was. Between this and MGR (Who's demo was also a blast to play) it's looking to be a good time to be a fan of action games. :)

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Anyone got any good BnB combos?

Here's mine:

Death Coil, cancelled into a High Time (no follow up), IRS, Osiris Double Up, Mid air flip/double jump, Rainstorm, Demon Pull, Helm Breaker.

Nekodark

Now that I've played it on both my 360 and PS3 I don't know which version to get both were great in feel and look but I noticed I did not have to look down at my controller when I played on the PS3 and I cleared things faster on it as well my brother said because I am more use to the PS3 controller lol might end up getting both if I can afford it but if not I will end up getting the PS3 but only because it feels more natural for me.

I also had no problems on my PS3 demo it looks and played the same for me just as I said I am more use to the PS3 controller so no mistaking buttons but still not great at the game in both versions lol. practice time!

Dante47

It took me forever to figure out you can actually do Stinger and Trillion Stab. They aren't even on the Moves List!

ninjaa93

i understand people are all hype but put that aside for a moment. this game has alot of bugs and glitches even the little things but most of all the poison battle seems to always glitch and then the sound goes on and off...i think we should make an offial feedback thread because i would hate the game to come out like this, yeah i know its a demo but lets be real demo never really differ far from a game unless they state its a beta version.

This game has alot of the same problems enslaved did

AngelMode

i understand people are all hype but put that aside for a moment. this game has alot of bugs and glitches even the little things but most of all the poison battle seems to always glitch and then the sound goes on and off...i think we should make an offial feedback thread because i would hate the game to come out like this, yeah i know its a demo but lets be real demo never really differ far from a game unless they state its a beta version.

This game has alot of the same problems enslaved did

I haven't had one yet and I've been playing it for a while. Although, yeah, the game is full of glitches everywhere. It lacks freedom for the player to do whatever he/she feels like doing, I think.

At any rate, I just learned how to jump cancel with Osiris. Wohoo! You don't even have to let go of the trigger, Dante does enemy step when you are at a certain position against your enemy instead of the angel glide.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
played it and finished both levels on nephilum and son of sparda. as such, i was saddened by the lack of upgrades u could get ie none :(

but the demo did get me considerably more hyped and now we know sparda is ALIVE ALIVEEEE (but trapped) a sort of reversal from DMC mundus trapped sparda this time. this.. is.. awesome.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
This demo has not lower my expectations or disappointed me. It's everything I wanted: To get a better feel for this game and to hold me over. Its calmed me enough to wait for January 15th. I've put in about 10 hours into the demo alone which is more than what I did for DMC4's demo. I can't get enough of the combat :D

I'll be picking up my copy of DmC for 360 at Gamestop Jan 15th and ordering the Japanse limited Edition for PS3 (just to collect) at Nippon Yasan. I hope they resolve the PS3 issues by then. I'd hate it to be Enslaved all or again or what happened to Bayonetta when ported to PS3 by SEGA.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I'm having some trouble finding the copper key for the door near the entrance of the "Secret Ingredient". is it even available in the demo because I think I've searched every nook and cranny of the levels.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
The controls are just killing me sometimes, I always mix up the triggers when I want to evade I'll switch into Angel/Demon stance and sometimes I accidentally evade when I wanna beat the **** out of demons, more practice I guess...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So, I found out randomly that if you double-tap the dodge button while in Angel mode, you will do that Angel Evade where Dante blinks forward in the streak of blue. You don't need to time it with an enemy's attack, and you can actually change direction mid-dodge, because of the direction you go at the start, and the blink right afterwards.

I've been using it to evade and then lead back into the enemy. "Return Angel Evade" :p

I'm having some trouble finding the copper key for the door near the entrance of the "Secret Ingredient". is it even available in the demo because I think I've searched every nook and cranny of the levels.
There's one Copper Key, and one Silver Key in Under Watch, and Dante has one Copper Key in his inventory when you start the demo. There's enough keys to open each of the doors. The Copper Key is up the stairs to the left after you rip out the first camera ("Woah, someone doesn't want me here," spot). The Silver Key is after you fight at the fountain, you have to jump up and Angel Lift to the ledge of a building. You'll get up onto the roof, go through a building, and find the Key in a little alcove that's above where the Demonic Shard appeared.

Devil Player

Guys, I've just finished playing the demo.

It's getting better and better!!!! :)

I had a ton of fun during my gameplay, it was simply fantastic. I played for PS3 and I didn't have ANY problem with framerate and scenes at all. It did run 100% fine. So, I don't get why some people had problems with it. Maybe it's because it's a demo? I mean, a demo obviously isn't the complete game, so it may have problems like other demos ( like MGR ).

Besides, that's probably one of the best demos ever released lately. 4 difficult levels already available, secret missions and 2 stages to play with. It's much better than what I had thought.

The controls are quite good, but I kept pushing circle, thinking about Nero's devil bringer from DMC 4. So I actually had a big damage at the start of the demo. What a shame.

However, once you get used to the controls, nobody holds you. Rise and shine!

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
So, I found out randomly that if you double-tap the dodge button while in Angel mode, you will do that Angel Evade where Dante blinks forward in the streak of blue. You don't need to time it with an enemy's attack, and you can actually change direction mid-dodge, because of the direction you go at the start, and the blink right afterwards.

I've been using it to evade and then lead back into the enemy. "Return Angel Evade" :p

There's one Copper Key, and one Silver Key in Under Watch, and Dante has one Copper Key in his inventory when you start the demo. There's enough keys to open each of the doors. The Copper Key is up the stairs to the left after you rip out the first camera ("Woah, someone doesn't want me here," spot). The Silver Key is after you fight at the fountain, you have to jump up and Angel Lift to the ledge of a building. You'll get up onto the roof, go through a building, and find the Key in a little alcove that's above where the Demonic Shard appeared.

Thanks man. I found it just before I logged back in. I also found that lost soul I was missing too. This is probably on of the best demos I've played in a while. So much to unlock and the challenge is awesome. I think the PS3 version, has some sound problems though, I hope it ain't so in the final game. Currently on my 7th playthrough and the controls are setting in, I feel more at home now and my combo rankings are in the SS. Good times man, good times!

Paexie

I WAS WONDERING HOW THE HELL GREG DID THAT. GEEZ.

By the way, even though I understand that missing a hard lock-on is bothersome (specially for DMCvets) you must have noticed that ALL the main combos of the game have spinning moves and that YOU CAN control what enemy you want to kill first. It took me sometime to figure it out and the two evade buttons finally make sense to me comfort-wise.

Top Bottom