• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

Exejpgwmv

But if you add new skins
2192909-gyakuten_kenji_artwork_01.jpg

He's better than all 5 of the Dante's and 10X as classy as them.
DO IT CAPCOM! DO IT!
Ok, how come every image is temporarily removed and can only be seen when I'm making a reply?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Honestly though, the idea that the game is ALREADY outdated enough for a remaster, bothers me like all hell.
Remember back in 2011, when we all rushed to pre-order Skyrim, how it was being hyped up as what would probably a game we'd all be playing for years to come?
Remember how that was less than 3 years ago?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* Square already released a remaster of Tomb Raider, and there's rumors of them doing it for Sleeping Dogs as well. It's not really an idea that it's "outdated", I think it's just about making the all-inclusive version on a stronger system, which gets them more money from people who need games to legitimize the purchase of their whopping new system they bought :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well considering how Tomb Raider on ps3/x360 used different engine and had some noticable shortcomings, visual-wise and Sleeping Dogs flopped, Square does anything to milk some more money.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It failed Square, because they had the same stupid expectations for their "Western games" as every other Japanese developer has. Sleeping Dogs did well financially (well over a million), enough for there to be a sequel in the works published by Square.

And Triad Wars is not an MMO...where the heck did you hear that...?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
sorry, but:
http://www.destructoid.com/tomb-raider-hitman-sleeping-dogs-all-failed-square-enix-249692.phtml
and that's not sequel, as far as i know, it's only MMO set in same universe.

Its was a fail in their eyes only.

Sleeping dogs was a critical hit and sold well over 1 million copies.

I think gaming companies are getting to greedy with wanting their games to somehow reach Call of Duty sales.

The same happened with RE6 which even though it sold 5 million copies it was still deemed a "failure" since they wanted Call of Duty sales figures from the get go.

I remember a time when a game sold over a million copies it was at least considered adequate as far as sales goes, now its deemed a failure if it does not at least sale 5 million copies or more.

Its a shame to, I thought Sleeping dogs was a fantastic game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It doesn't matter. If they didn't got money they invested in it, it was a flop. It doesn't matter in slightest way if it was critically acclaimed, sold over million or anything like this. So, yeah initial release of Sleeping Dogs failed.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly, whole thing about critical acclaim is completely irrelevant, to wether game succeeded or not. many awesome games (Like Tim Schaffer ones) are flopped, yet they are critically acclaimed.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They did get money they invested, that's the thing. It was a commercial success, Square just expected an exorbitant amount more than what they ever should have. the only people who weren't happy with it was Square, because they wanted it to sell five times more what it did.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They did get money they invested, that's the thing. It was a commercial success, Square just expected an exorbitant amount more than what they ever should have. the only people who weren't happy with it was Square, because they wanted it to sell five times more what it did.

Thats how I feel as well.

I feel they obviously made a profit, but thanks to games like Call of Duty which sales so freaken much that many other gaming companies are getting greedy and want those sales as well.

Capcom even came out and said this before the release or RE6 that they hope that it will somehow reach Call of Duty levels of sales.

That is the problem with gaming companies now, they are to busy looking at games like Call of Duty's sales and wanting nothing but that and thus their expectation bar is set to darn high that even if their game does good it still is a failure in their eyes since they did not reach somehow close to that goal.
Well, that's just not true. And here's proof. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ggling_to_recoup_its_Sleeping_Dogs_losses.php
If they said they suffered losses upon game's release, it flopped. Simple as that. They didn't released exact sale figures. They do said game didn't paid off. Loud and clear.

I'd wager "suffered losses" amounts to them have their projection sales set so high so yes they did suffer loses since their sales projection they probably set forth did not even come close to being met.

What I'm saying is they suffered loses from a sales projection standpoint, not a financial one of them not actually making money in my opinion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'd wager "suffered losses" amounts to them have their projection sales set so high so yes they did suffer loses since their sales projection they probably set forth did not even come close to being met.

What I'm saying is they suffered loses from a sales projection standpoint, not a financial one of them not actually making money in my opinion.
Look. Suffer losses is suffer losses. They clearly said, they didn't got enough money from the project. As such it was flop. When project doesn't justifies itself in creators/publishers eyes it flopped. It may sell 3 million, but if money amout invested was to high, it still regards as a flop. KoA sold 1,2 mil in 3 monthes yet it considered a flop and led to dissolving a studio.

Top Bottom