• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
As for sequel: http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/06/sleeping-dogs-developer-confirms-free-play-game-way/ They making f2p now and the only sort of single is Triad wars that according to reports either MMO or MOBA or something like this.

That does not at all say that Triad Wars is their F2P MMO, it's speculation, and a retarded one at that. Triad Wars was confirmed by United Front to be in development, with Square saying they were going to publish it again. Plus, Square owns the rights to Sleeping Dogs.

Hell, the last friggin' line of your link says "It was revealed that they’re partnering with Square Enix for [Triad Wars] too, so it doesn’t seem too hopeful that this free-to-play effort is the same game in question." Did you even read your article...?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Look. Suffer losses is suffer losses. They clearly said, they didn't got enough money from the project. As such it was flop. When project doesn't justifies itself in creators/publishers eyes it flopped. It may sell 3 million, but if money amout invested was to high, it still regards as a flop. KoA sold 1,2 mil in 3 monthes yet it considered a flop and led to dissolving a studio.

And you know what those other links you posted say - that Square forecasted a loss. This link right here says...

"Unexpectedly slow sales of games including Sleeping Dogs drove publisher Square Enix to forecast a loss of nearly $70 million, according to the company."

And also...

"the publisher revised its profit forecasts for the six months ending September 30. Initially the company expected to break even for the period, but now it's projecting a 5.4 billion yen loss, or $67.8 million."

Square's big wigs expected Sleeping Dogs to make more money than the game could ever hope to. They lowered their profit expectations as sales started to trickle in, recording a loss of 13 million yen because they projected they'd make that and more. If I expect to sell $100 worth of cheeseburgers, but only sell $50 worth, that's a $50 profit loss from my forecast, my expectation.

Sleeping Dogs disappointed some suits at Square, but it made a profit, and was critically acclaimed. No one has ever even said it's a flop, other than you.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly though, the idea that the game is ALREADY outdated enough for a remaster, bothers me like all hell.
Fair enough. This one (If the rumor turns out to be true) would be intended for "Double-Dipper/Skipped out on the first time" camp along with TR and Last of Us, instead of the usual HD/Remastered/Thingys.
Frankly, I wouldn't mind it for this occasion since this would mean Capcom is still willing to give DmC a go-around (Or to test the waters) again.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
And you know what those other links you posted say - that Square forecasted a loss. This link right here says...

Sleeping Dogs disappointed some suits at Square, but it made a profit, and was critically acclaimed. No one has ever even said it's a flop, other than you.
1. I never said Triad wars wa f2p, only thta we never heard of it since last year
2. Triad War ISNT direct sequel
3. No offense all you said is absolutely irrelevant. You may deny it ally you want. But "recovering from losses" doesn't mean "made enough money." So you may deny it all you want. It doesn't matter in the end. Because it is up for square to decide. And finally: "The game sold under 300,000 units in the United States in its debut month before quietly dropping off of the top 10 charts in September". Sorry, compared to crappy Watchdogs those sales are really not that impressive. We haven't heard of it's sequel much in the past time, and if it won't be announced till TGS, I won't hold breath expecting it going to be made.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
1. I never said Triad wars wa f2p, only thta we never heard of it since last year

We were only talking about Sleeping Dogs and Triad Wars. You need to specify the sh!t you're talking about then, or...you're just backpedaling right now.

2. Triad War ISNT direct sequel

Sequentially, it's the next game in the franchise, since it's set in the Sleeping Dogs universe. It could very well be a direct narrative sequel, or it's just another game - thaaaaaaaaat's still a sequel bro.

3. No offense all you said is absolutely irrelevant. You may deny it ally you want. But "recovering from losses" doesn't mean "made enough money." So you may deny it all you want. It doesn't matter in the end. Because it is up for square to decide. And finally: "The game sold under 300,000 units in the United States in its debut month before quietly dropping off of the top 10 charts in September". Sorry, compared to crappy Watchdogs those sales are really not that impressive. We haven't heard of it's sequel much in the past time, and if it won't be announced till TGS, I won't hold breath expecting it going to be made.

Nope >.> It seems like you have very little idea how the financial world works, much the same of you arguing with me before about how people start businesses. You're ignoring all the sh!t about forecasts in there, which is sort of a key word to what ToCool and I are saying. They allocate funds for a bunch of different projects all over their company, because they expect they're going to be making a lot of money (a forecast), when they don't, they're recovering from the losses with that forecast. Sleepings Dogs did make a profit, hence why we say it was commercially successful. It was not at all a flop, the game just didn't make what square expected/wanted it to. There is a very big difference.

Also, we have't heard from Triad Wars much in this past time because they're working on it. That's a thing that happens, devs announce a game, then work on it in silence, and then after about a year or whatever they maybe show off a little when they have something definitive to actually show. Seriously dude, you're a gamer, you should know this - you can't be this ignorant.

And why would a game made in Vancouver be shown off at Tokyo Game Show...? There are very few Western games that actually do that, and even making material for a game show takes resources and time away from the actual game's development. I'm sure they'd rather just continue working on the game itself and not go to TGS. As big as TGS is in the game industry, it's somewhat irrelevant for most western developers.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
We were only talking about Sleeping Dogs and Triad Wars. You need to specify the sh!t you're talking about then, or...you're just backpedaling right now.
I clearly said they making F2P right now. meaning, they already have game to work on, and we haven't heard of anything about Triad Wars .
Sequentially, it's the next game in the franchise, since it's set in the Sleeping Dogs universe. It could very well be a direct narrative sequel, or it's just another game - thaaaaaaaaat's still a sequel bro.
Next time you gonna say Nosgoth is BO's sequel. Being set in same universe =/= sequel. So nope. You just spin facts, which once again changes nothing. Sequel is sequel. Set in same universe may mean anything and nothing in the same time.

Nope >.> It seems like you have very little idea how the financial world works, much the same of you arguing with me before about how people start businesses. You're ignoring all the sh!t about forecasts in there, which is sort of a key word to what ToCool and I are saying. They allocate funds for a bunch of different projects all over their company, because they expect they're going to be making a lot of money (a forecast), when they don't, they're recovering from the losses with that forecast. Sleepings Dogs did make a profit, hence why we say it was commercially successful. It was not at all a flop, the game just didn't make what square expected/wanted it to. There is a very big difference.
Loss is loss and flop is flop. Alone the fact that we never heard anything about it since is pretty suspicious.
Also, we have't heard from Triad Wars much in this past time because they're working on it. That's a thing that happens, devs announce a game, then work on it in silence, and then after about a year or whatever they maybe show off a little when they have something definitive to actually show. Seriously dude, you're a gamer, you should know this - you can't be this ignorant..
Seriously? is that your argument? BEcause Hitman and TR both getting sequels that already confirmed and we saw more about them than about whole Triad Wars, despite Sleeping dogs eing released MUCH earlier than TR. In our times all showcased project that IN development leaked online long ago. And if you a gamer you should know it.

And why would a game made in Vancouver be shown off at Tokyo Game Show...? There are very few Western games that actually do that, and even making material for a game show takes resources and time away from the actual game's development. I'm sure they'd rather just continue working on the game itself and not go to TGS. As big as TGS is in the game industry, it's somewhat irrelevant for most western developers.
There is Gamescom and TGS. If until TGS it doesn't announced you can consider it in development hell, because they promised to announce it during 2014. + Square is japanese studio and they publishing it. So it MAY be showcased during it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Next time you gonna say Nosgoth is BO's sequel. Being set in same universe =/= sequel. So nope. You just spin facts, which once again changes nothing. Sequel is sequel. Set in same universe may mean anything and nothing in the same time.

Many many times games taking place in the same universe but not along the timeline get called sequels. DMC3 is a sequel, and yet it doesn't follow after DMC2 in the timeline. Stop throwing around your own obtuse definitions to support your argument.

Loss is loss and flop is flop. Alone the fact that we never heard anything about it since is pretty suspicious.

There's way more to a loss depending on the circumstances, dude. Get that through your f#cking head. A loss due to exorbitantly high expectations is different than a loss on an investment return. They didn't shell out so much in development and not make a profit - they very much did. They allocated funds they didn't have because they expected way more. It doesn't get much clearer than that - let that sink in.

Seriously? is that your argument? BEcause Hitman and TR both getting sequels that already confirmed and we saw more about them than about whole Triad Wars, despite Sleeping dogs eing released MUCH earlier than TR. In our times all showcased project that IN development leaked online long ago. And if you a gamer you should know it.

Uuuuuh...because Hitman and Tomb Raider sequels started their development way sooner Sleeping Dogs...? That happens a lot to different games. They all have different development cycles. I'm a gamer, and I know that - why don't you? Are you going to defend your point so staunchly that you'll make yourself sound that ignorant?

There is Gamescom and TGS. If until TGS it doesn't announced you can consider it in development hell, because they promised to announce it during 2014. + Square is japanese studio and they publishing it. So it MAY be showcased during it.

Square is a Japanese company, yes, but it's Square-Enix UK that is handling all the rights to western developed games. It's more logical to expect it at Gamescom than TGS.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Many many times games taking place in the same universe but not along the timeline get called sequels. DMC3 is a sequel, and yet it doesn't follow after DMC2 in the timeline. Stop throwing around your own obtuse definitions to support your argument.
Nosgoth isn't sequel to Blood Omen, Death by Degrees is not sequel to Tekken, Soul Calibur: Legends isn't sequel to Soul Calibur and Judgement isn't sequel to Castlevania. Sorry you just desperately attempting to make something out of the thin air.

There's way more to a loss depending on the circumstances, dude. Get that through your f#cking head. A loss due to exorbitantly high expectations is different than a loss on an investment return. They didn't shell out so much in development and not make a profit - they very much did. They allocated funds they didn't have because they expected way more. It doesn't get much clearer than that - let that sink in.
They allocated funds, and lost money on it. That's how it is. Pretty much end of story, I really dunno what you attempt to prove.

Uuuuuh...because Hitman and Tomb Raider sequels started their development way sooner Sleeping Dogs...? That happens a lot to different games. They all have different development cycles. I'm a gamer, and I know that - why don't you? Are you going to defend your point so staunchly that you'll make yourself sound that ignorant?
Both Hitman and Sleeping Dogs started their dev cycle in 2007.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2012/aug/30/sleeping-dogs-hit-title-game
http://miranda.hemscott.com/ir/seg/pdf/AnnualReport07.pdf
So you gonna keep making out facts or actually tries to find any REAL quote from developer/publisher to support them?

Square is a Japanese company, yes, but it's Square-Enix UK that is handling all the rights to western developed games. It's more logical to expect it at Gamescom than TGS.
That's why I said "until". Start reading before replying .

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Nosgoth isn't sequel to Blood Omen, Death by Degrees is not sequel to Tekken, Soul Calibur: Legends isn't sequel to Soul Calibur and Judgement isn't sequel to Castlevania. Sorry you just desperately attempting to make something out of the thin air.

Franchise sequels, but not sequels to specific games. F#ck dude, it's like you're not even listening.

They allocated funds, and lost money on it. That's how it is. Pretty much end of story, I really dunno what you attempt to prove.

You dense motherf#cker, they allocated funds to and made money off of Sleeping Dogs. The money you keep saying they lost is money they never had! They lost fictitious money

Both Hitman and Sleeping Dogs started their dev cycle in 2007.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2012/aug/30/sleeping-dogs-hit-title-game
http://miranda.hemscott.com/ir/seg/pdf/AnnualReport07.pdf
So you gonna keep making out facts or actually tries to find any REAL quote from developer/publisher to support them?

What the f#ck are you on about with this...?

That's why I said "until". Start reading before replying .

And yet you started with only talking about TGS. Backpedaling much?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Franchise sequels, but not sequels to specific games. F#ck dude, it's like you're not even listening.
It's like you keep grasping at thin air. Spin offs are not sequel. Prequels are not Sequels neither. Parallel stories neither. You just making stuff out that's all.

You dense motherf#cker, they allocated funds to and made money off of Sleeping Dogs. The money you keep saying they lost is money they never had! They lost fictitious money
It's pretty obvious you have no single clue what sale forecasts are and why company making them. Here is overall info on it: http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/management/g/salesforecast.htm

What the f#ck are you on about with this...?
Well I'm on about facts that you made up to desperately prove your point. Started development way sooner (your words not mine) =/= started it at the same time. Or you gonna backpedal and pretend you never said that?

And yet you started with only talking about TGS. Backpedaling much?
I started with saying "until" in the very first first time i mentioned TGS. If you oversaw it, it's your mistake not mine.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's like you keep grasping at thin air. Spin offs are not sequel. Prequels are not Sequels neither. Parallel stories neither. You just making stuff out that's all.

Noooooope, you just don't want to accept how broad the definition has become, and how the industry itself has begun using the f#cking term...

It's pretty obvious you have no single clue what sale forecasts are and why company making them. Here is overall info on it: http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/management/g/salesforecast.htm

THE VERY FIRST LINE OF THAT LINK SAYS "Sales forecasting is the process of estimating what your business’s sales are going to be in the future". Estimation is the gigantic point we've been making. It's imaginary money! It doesn't exist! It's guess. Square expected to Sleeping Dogs to make a lot more than it did, and it didn't, they lost estimated money, not real money! And it's like you keep ignoring that the game still turned a profit! That. Is not. A flop!

Well I'm on about facts that you made up to desperately prove your point. Started development way sooner (your words not mine) =/= started it at the same time. Or you gonna backpedal and pretend you never said that?

No, but what were you referring to. I was talking about how Sleeping Dogs' sequel didn't start development until way after the others. It sounded like you were saying that because Sleeping Dogs came out earlier than Hitman and Tomb Raider, it should have its sequel in the works sooner, too.

Which is just not some set thing that game development does.

I started with saying "until" in the very first first time i mentioned TGS. If you oversaw it, it's your mistake not mine.

Yeah, but "until" isn't the point. It's that you only made mention of TGS, as if that was your point. Your English is shaky as hell dude...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Noooooope, you just don't want to accept how broad the definition has become, and how the industry itself has begun using the f#cking term...
soo more made up stuff. ok.

THE VERY FIRST LINE OF THAT LINK SAYS "Sales forecasting is the process of estimating what your business’s sales are going to be in the future". Estimation is the gigantic point we've been making. It's imaginary money! It doesn't exist! It's guess. Square expected to Sleeping Dogs to make a lot more than it did, and it didn't, they lost estimated money, not real money! And it's like you keep ignoring that the game still turned a profit! That. Is not. A flop!
It was uncessecfull and didn't returned them their money. What you think on the matter is irrelevant to the one who paid money for it. AKA Square. And they said it was flop. Hense it was a flop.

No, but what were you referring to. I was talking about how Sleeping Dogs' sequel didn't start development until way after the others. It sounded like you were saying that because Sleeping Dogs came out earlier than Hitman and Tomb Raider, it should have its sequel in the works sooner, too..
Hitman was released much later . That means time SD's studio had more time to put in work for SD's sequel as Hitman's studio. Yet Hitman 6 barely skipped E3, while SD studio didn't announced anything at all since last year. Yet they spend same amount on time on developing, so you can't say that hitman was developed way earlier.

Yeah, but "until" isn't the point. It's that you only made mention of TGS, as if that was your point. Your English is shaky as hell dude...
The word until refers to the time span between now and the TGS's event. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/until . TGS is last big gaming event and to hold their promise about 2014 announcement they need to do until than or at TGS, as very last time point.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
soo more made up stuff. ok.

That's not made up! You're just refusing to accept what's been said for years in the industry!

It was uncessecfull and didn't returned them their money. What you think on the matter is irrelevant to the one who paid money for it. AKA Square. And they said it was flop. Hense it was a flop.

It was unsuccessful in making them imaginary money! Quit ignoring the part where the game turned a f#cking profit and still made them money! Can you acknowledge that, please? This isn't what I think on the matter, this is sh!t that actually happened!

Hitman was released much later . That means time SD's studio had more time to put in work for SD's sequel as Hitman's studio. Yet Hitman 6 barely skipped E3, while SD studio didn't announced anything at all since last year. Yet they spend same amount on time on developing, so you can't say that hitman was developed way earlier.

Ah yeah, exactly what I thought you said. That's not how game development works, dude. There's nothing that says they were developing their sequels at the same time, and you can't use the fact that both of the previous games were developed at the same time, because that means nothing. Some games don't get greenlit for sequels at the same time another game might.

So again, what I'm saying is that despite Sleeping Dogs and Hitman being developed at the same time, that doesn't mean their sequels will also follow that same timetable. It's unreasonable and ignorant to believe so.

The word until refers to the time span between now and the TGS's event. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/until . TGS is last big gaming event and to hold their promise about 2014 announcement they need to do until than or at TGS, as very last time point.

Don't patronize me Innsmouth, I swear to f#cking God. Your point is that they have until TGS, but TGS is a stupid milestone to set because "why would they care about a Japanese convention" (we discussed), and a game doesn't even need to show off stuff at a convention. Plenty of games show off stuff without them, especially with the advent of YouTube and Twitter. Hell! Half the game trailers shown at E3 2014 were available for viewing on YouTube weeks before E3 even started.

And you setting an arbitrary timeline for them to adhere to is stupid enough as it is.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That's not made up! You're just refusing to accept what's been said for years in the industry!
Sequels are not same thing as prequels, pin-offs, etc. even if they are set in same universe. Seriously, card game onimusha is sequel to Onimusha? ok :p

It was unsuccessful in making them imaginary money! Quit ignoring the part where the game turned a f#cking profit and still made them money! Can you acknowledge that, please? This isn't what I think on the matter, this is sh!t that actually happened!
IT's not "Imaginary money". Any company, studio, etc, posses certain budget that they invest into something. Using forecasts as basis for their resources they are using money for different things like other investments, equipment, etc. It made money. It just doesn't made enough money.

Ah yeah, exactly what I thought you said. That's not how game development works, dude. There's nothing that says they were developing their sequels at the same time, and you can't use the fact that both of the previous games were developed at the same time, because that means nothing. Some games don't get greenlit for sequels at the same time another game might.
And you just contradict yourself because you said "sequel" (let it be this word, despite i think it's wrong) was ALREADY greenlightet. even before Hitman's release. Yet Hitman development provided definitive info on sequel. Why? Because Hitman sold almost 4 millions and SD struggled to break 2. (if it ever did) It's sad reality of game industry. worst games sold on hype, best forgotten until somebody realize how good they are

Don't patronize me Innsmouth, I swear to f#cking God. Your point is that they have until TGS, but TGS is a stupid milestone to set because "why would they care about a Japanese convention" (we discussed), and a game doesn't even need to show off stuff at a convention. Plenty of games show off stuff without them, especially with the advent of YouTube and Twitter. Hell! Half the game trailers shown at E3 2014 were available for viewing on YouTube weeks before E3 even started.

And you setting an arbitrary timeline for them to adhere to is stupid enough as it is.
TGS is mile stone. There are rarely big announcements afterwards unless it some kind of leaks. After TGs there are 2 months until Xmas and at the Xmas times there are rarely any announcements at all , since most concentrate on selling not on teasing stuff up until march. As of now fact stands: there isn't much time left for them to uphold to their word. And if they won'T do it, it will most likely mean Square isn't completely sure with a sequel.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
IT's not "Imaginary money".

YES IT IS! That's what forecasting IS, refer back to your own f#cking link, the one where it said "Sales forecasting is the process of estimating what your business’s sales are going to be in the future" Estimation, Innsmouth! That's a guess! They lost money they estimated that they would get!

It made money. It just doesn't made enough money.

Yes, of course it didn't, because they wanted it to make way more than it could. But it still made a profit, which means that they made more money off of Sleeping Dogs than it cost to develop it! I can't be any more clear than that.

And you just contradict yourself because you said "sequel" (let it be this word, despite i think it's wrong) was ALREADY greenlightet. even before Hitman's release. Yet Hitman development provided definitive info on sequel.

God I still can't understand what the hell you're saying.

TGS is mile stone. There are rarely big announcements afterwards unless it some kind of leaks. After TGs there are 2 months until Xmas and at the Xmas times there are rarely any announcements at all , since most concentrate on selling not on teasing stuff up until march. As of now fact stands: there isn't much time left for them to uphold to their word. And if they won'T do it, it will most likely mean Square isn't completely sure with a sequel.

That doesn't mean anything either, dude! They said we'd see something in 2014, that means a trailer or some screenshots, they aren't going to try and sell the game by Christmas.

-----------------​

God f#cking dammit. I'm sick of arguing with you, dude. You don't listen, you ignorantly argue points, and I often wonder if you even understand what the f#ck I'm saying half the time because you barely seem to have a grasp of the English language when you type it.

Go be wrong in a f#cking corner.

Frazz

General gamer
The Last of Us remastering supposedly runs at 60fps at all times with 1080p so with the interest of keeping on topic I'd wager that a DmC remastering would do the same thing... Hopefully DmC remastered (if it does get remastered) is like the Last of Us in that it should be cheaper with extra content as well!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
YES IT IS! That's what forecasting IS, refer back to your own f#cking link, the one where it said "Sales forecasting is the process of estimating what your business’s sales are going to be in the future" Estimation, Innsmouth! That's a guess! They lost money they estimated that they would get!
And it pretty obvious you have no clue how finances work in big companies. Half of the money they investing are coming from estimated sales. Otherwise it would be pretty impossible to function. HELL, there is even estimated income tax. So what are you keep arguing about?

Yes, of course it didn't, because they wanted it to make way more than it could. But it still made a profit, which means that they made more money off of Sleeping Dogs than it cost to develop it! I can't be any more clear than that..
Because it's up to them to decide. Not to you. I showed you clear opinion from Square on the matter. They clearly said, that they found sales lackluster. There isn't much to argue about since, it's their money they investing and it's their opinion.

That doesn't mean anything either, dude! They said we'd see something in 2014, that means a trailer or some screenshots, they aren't going to try and sell the game by Christmas.
Well keep your hopes. Maybe they do, maybe they won't. Just because you like something, it won't change it financial performance or greenlights on it.

-----------------​

God f#cking dammit. I'm sick of arguing with you, dude. You don't listen, you ignorantly argue points, and I often wonder if you even understand what the f#ck I'm saying half the time because you barely seem to have a grasp of the English language when you type it.

Go be wrong in a f#cking corner.
You started this argument. I shown you definitive proof, Yet you started barrage of made-up arguments without showing at least one article that supports your opinion. So in the end, don't expect me to take serious anything you had to say on this matter.

Top Bottom