• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I remember them involving secondary teams in trilogy development. Thats pretty much was reason why Versus was pushed/remade into FF XV

They borrowed manpower from versusXIII/XV at the time of XIII's initial development because they had to rework a lot of stuff when they created the Crystal Tools and shifted the title off of the Unreal Engine. At the time, versusXIII was still in its conceptual and pre-pre-pre-alpha design stages - essentially, not a whole lot was actually happening with the game.

Despite versusXIII having been announced alongside XIII, the game that would become XV wasn't even in development until after XIII-2 was completed. Contrary to popular belief, versusXIII/XV hasn't been in development since 2006. It's been in development since late 2011. The fact that we're seeing XV in maybe a year, gives the game a four year development cycle, which is right in line with a completely new, built-from-the-ground-up game that switched both platforms and a proprietary engine.

However, your main point is still off, because they wouldn't be pulling a dev team in full swing for a collection. The KH ReMixes have a brand new team, and they're working with existing content, so the teams are pretty damn small. Even less work would need to be done for a XIII trilogy to be updated for the next-gen consoles, really.

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
However, your main point is still off, because they wouldn't be pulling a dev team in full swing for a collection. The KH ReMixes have a brand new team, and they're working with existing content, so the teams are pretty damn small. Even less work would need to be done for a XIII trilogy to be updated for the next-gen consoles, really.
Rereleasing FF XIII trilogy, when it's last game was 1 year ago and most people literally begging them NOT to do it, that is what's really off. Why not invest money in new game, maybe even indie, than doing something most don't even want to begin with :/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
hmmmm...I don't have anything nice to say really. But I don't have anything mean to say either. So how about this instead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsSLQ-YYCBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nQhc_v441o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SHpCSGjQNQ

Also, this may not have anything to do with anything but Naruto needs a new trick outside of multiple variations of rasengan, shadow clones, and powering up (either Sage or Tailed Beast mode).

Then why bother showing up with this stuff? Naruto sucks anyway.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Don't worry about buying multiple copies; for every ten poor, depraved individuals who tell other people NOT to buy DmC, there exists at least one freethinking and exceptional soul out there that not only will recommend DmC, but is also willing to lend or buy them a copy themselves.

The Underdogs. The Partisans. The Edgy Hipsters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, wanna see my tumblr?

I actually want NEW cover art, lol. I mean, The Last Of Us got new cover art. I think we can too. :)

I consider it my life mission to introduce as much people as I can to DmC. Because it's gotten so much negative response that I feel like I have to actively remedy that by converting people who aren't familiar with the franchise yet.

(Did you just call me an edgy hipster?)

Also, yeah, let me know who you are on tumblr. I am dantesbooty. (He's got a great ass and people have known me as dantesbooty for months now- it's damn near impossible to change it now!)

Am I the only one here who's a completely noob when it comes to frame rate? I hear a lot of people saying that 60fps is better than 30fps (is that what DmC is now?). So would that mean that the game would play a bit smoother? Anyway, all I'm thinking about is that hopefully, the PS4 will allow Dante's hair to look like this:

tumblr_n8cxz2qdpm1tavglbo1_500.png

(This is an edited photo. His hair is a little stiff in the game, lol!)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
DmC did come out near the end of the generation.
Actually, that IS my problem with this. DmC's graphics aren't really what I would call "Outdated". The game looks pretty damn good, and functions pretty well.
There isn't really all that much to bring up in terms of graphics. Now, considering this is "Ultimate" and not "HD", I can excuse that because I expect there to be new content, for less of the price of the DAY 1 COPY THAT I SPENT 60$ ON AND MY SISTER BROKE DURING ONE OF HER HISSY FITS!! (Sorry, had to get that off my chest. She did it just when I was really starting to warm up to the game)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Rereleasing FF XIII trilogy, when it's last game was 1 year ago and most people literally begging them NOT to do it, that is what's really off. Why not invest money in new game, maybe even indie, than doing something most don't even want to begin with :/

Well, truth be told, HD Collections and their ilk bring in a lot of profit for very little work. That's why some people hate them, it's a cash-in on something that exists. The thing is that the profit from those collections helps fund other endeavors, the payout on releasing collections and updated versions outweighs the resources put into them.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well, truth be told, HD Collections and their ilk bring in a lot of profit for very little work. That's why some people hate them, it's a cash-in on something that exists. The thing is that the profit from those collections helps fund other endeavors, the payout on releasing collections and updated versions outweighs the resources put into them.
Problem that this other endeavors never come to exist :/ Usually they just keep milking everything they can to death until their sales drop and than it ends as it ended for Capcom, that stands under risk of being bought.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Problem that this other endeavors never come to exist :/ Usually they just keep milking everything they can to death until their sales drop and than it ends as it ended for Capcom, that stands under risk of being bought.

But they do have endeavors. Their plate is full with XV, KH3, stuff like Theatrhythm, the ongoing XIV support. There's a lot they have goin' on, and most likely a lot more than we know about. Square is far from being like Capcom right now.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
But they do have endeavors. Their plate is full with XV, KH3, stuff like Theatrhythm, the ongoing XIV support. There's a lot they have goin' on, and most likely a lot more than we know about. Square is far from being like Capcom right now.
Well considering that FFXV is actually 6 years old project and KH3 was begged by fans for more than 6 years their methods are really questionable. That aside I'm definetely not inspired about what they done to Blood Omen and I heard even worse about Thief.

Frazz

General gamer
I hope (if this is true) that you can play as Vergil with his DLC abilities during Dante's story in the main game or at least a Vergil costume for Dante. I've been doing a play through of DMC3: SE and I would pay as much as they wanted if you could use Vergil in the main game as I think his combat is more fun and interesting. If they were to add 2 missions to VD then I suppose I would still buy it... In other words: "if this is true then give me more Vergil!!"

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I hope (if this is true) that you can play as Vergil with his DLC abilities during Dante's story in the main game or at least a Vergil costume for Dante. I've been doing a play through of DMC3: SE and I would pay as much as they wanted if you could use Vergil in the main game as I think his combat is more fun and interesting. If they were to add 2 missions to VD then I suppose I would still buy it... In other words: "if this is true then give me more Vergil!!"

I wouldn't say no to that.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
To sum up my full opinions on HD collections:
I'll buy them, if you give me a reason to, and give me a reasonable price.
Don't just throw some new fancy graphics at me and call it re-mastered. Give me some content, tighten the gameplay. Rework it from the bottom up, tweaking the hell out of it. Make it feel like a NEW VERSION of the game

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I see a lot of people saying they are ready to shell out more money for this, but I myself just don't see the point considering,

1.The game has not been out that long.

and

2.The game graphics are not outdated by anymeans.

So I would not be willing shell out that kind of money if I already have the game on my PS3 or Xbox 360.

I say there are more older and "dated" games out there that deserve HD remasters than a game that just came out a a little over a year back and still has good graphics.

I'd say give some HD remasters to the games from the Xbox,PS2 and Gamecube generations, games that I have not played in a long time and have dated graphics and I would be more than willing to revisit the experience.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
To sum up my full opinions on HD collections:
I'll buy them, if you give me a reason to, and give me a reasonable price.
Don't just throw some new fancy graphics at me and call it re-mastered. Give me some content, tighten the gameplay. Rework it from the bottom up, tweaking the hell out of it. Make it feel like a NEW VERSION of the game

That's what I liked about the KH ReMixes. They gave access to content people have wanted for years (and I get to enjoy it in English, finally). DMC's HD Collection was great too, because I always loved DMC1, but its control scheme was just so ngfjdlgfsdjkhbdljhgd compared to the other games. I was happy they reworked them to be in line with the other games. However...DMC3 had sh!t cutscenes at alike...all the best ones - horrible, stretched aspect ration and crap gamma.

ChaserTech

I see a lot of people saying they are ready to shell out more money for this, but I myself just don't see the point considering,

1.The game has not been out that long.

and

2.The game graphics are not outdated by anymeans.

Yeah I agree as well. I don't think DmC is that far behind to have a HD remake.

The only thing that I would suspect that would happen is that DmC gets extra modes/features/content. Other than that, I see no reason to get too hype since there's quite a slim chance of anything happening. And the article provided seems kinda farfetched. Hell, even the cover art looks extremely unconvincing (unless it supposed to be a placeholder of some sort)

Kinda reminds me of the whole rumor about DmC being turned into a movie back in 2011. And since the game's release, I heard nothing about it since then.

Top Bottom