• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/07/12/dmc-devil-may-cry-ultimate-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one/93863/

DmC: Devil May Cry Ultimate Coming to PS4, Xbox One?

Posted by Steve Hannley on 12 Jul 2014

DmC: Devil May Cry was one of the most criminally underrated (although not critically) games of last gen, so due to negative fan reception and middling sales, it seemed unclear if we’d ever see more of Ninja Theory’s interpretation of the hit series. According to Russian retailer videoigr.net, however, it seems the game might be receiving a remake. “DmC: Devil May Cry Ultimate” game has been listed for pre-order for PS4 and Xbox One.

Additionally, cover art is included in the listings:

dmc-ultimate-ps4.gif

It should be noted that this is the same retailer that listed Resident Evil: Revelations 2 earlier today and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag before launch, and with Gamescom right around the corner, it’s certainly possible that there’s validity behind the listing.

- See more at: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...g-to-ps4-xbox-one/93863/#sthash.xRUZbDQr.dpuf

Meg

I wouldn't be surprised considering how many games are getting remade for PS4/Xbox One. Though that box art looks fake; it could just be a placeholder.

Hmmm.....a remake of DmC could explain why Capcom hasn't uttered a word about a new DMC/DmC game. Maybe they want to give DmC another chance first? Hopefully it sells okay on PS4/Xbox One. Maybe then Capcom will look into a sequel to either Devil May Cry universe.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i recall Capcom saying they wanted to make games for both the original universe and the DmC universe
i assume like how they have Megaman and Megaman X and all the other Megaman games

id be OK with this but Capcom hasn't really shown anything to back it up

i think DmC would have gotten allot less hate if Capcom made it more clear they where still working on games for
the Original universe and not trying to replace it with DmC's

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Fun fact: I knew about this before the leak.

At last week's annual Crimson red And Black Suit convention (CRABS for short). I was chilling with Deadpool and both Dante's. When new Dante is all, 'Yo guys, I'm getting a special edition rehash', then original Dante was like 'Pfff, I had one of those before your first game came out'. Then Deadpool did his ****ty little uppercut and was like 'LOL Street Fighter!'
Then I was all
Bro?
150px-Pyrotaunt2.PNG

Do you even hadouken?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I heard about this about 2 months ago. Looks like many big developers like Capcom and SE decided to continue rehash run. I also heard of FF XIII trilogy (which means even more delays for KH3).

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I heard about this about 2 months ago. Looks like many big developers like Capcom and SE decided to continue rehash run. I also heard of FF XIII trilogy (which means even more delays for KH3).
Oh great, now I have to go and hunt for that 'HD collection collection' joke article from GameInformer and post it here
Thanks man, thanks

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well they should have some excuse for lack of backward compatibility. .....I guess >_>

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well considering how poor selection of games on this gen (PS4/XBone) currently is + how long it takes to develop games for current gen, it's lame money-grabbing technic, which probably there to replace DLC. Now we have to rebuy whole games instead of few chapters :meh:

Top Bottom