• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Lives! Capcom plans on releasing a new DMC before the end of 2017's fiscal year.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Capcom have released their plans for future fiscal years and they have name dropped DMC series as one of the titles that they plan on releasing between now and the end of 2017's fiscal year.

tsFfo00.png

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2015/annual_2015_01.pdf

This is as close to a confirmation we could get before they make the actual announcement. Note that lots of their other series such as "Lost Planet", "Mega Man", "Darkstalker" and many others didn't actually get name dropped while DMC did.

Sesha

This also seems to confirm that Deep Down is dead, or at least put on ice. This probably means Panta Rhei is having issues. There's a good chance they will continue to use UE4 for future current gen titles.

Capcom have released their plans for future fiscal years and they have name dropped DMC series as one of the titles that they plan on releasing between now and the end of 2017's fiscal year.

tsFfo00.png

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2015/annual_2015_01.pdf

This is as close to a confirmation we could get before they make the actual announcement. Note that lots of their other series such as "Lost Planet", "Mega Man", "Darkstalker" and many others didn't actually get name dropped while DMC did.

None of those were named because none of them are considered key franchises by Capcom.

DmC2!! :cool:

WHO'S WITH ME?? :D

200.gif

te84da0_Stickman_Okay_Sad_Face.jpg

Ninja Theory have already stated they are not working on DmC2.

Maybe if you buy a million copies of DmC Definitive Edition Capcom will change their minds.

Last edited:

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Lets see what happens, gonna' wait until next TGS before I throw in the towel.

Also interestingly enough, they posted first-year sales from 05 to this year.
DMC3: 1.1 Mil
DMC4: 2.32 Mil
DmC: 1.2 Mil

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Lets see what happens, gonna' wait until next TGS before I throw in the towel.

Also interestingly enough, they posted first-year sales from 05 to this year.
DMC3: 1.1 Mil
DMC4: 2.32 Mil
DmC: 1.2 Mil
DMC3 did pretty good considering everyone was distrustful after DMC 2

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I really don't think DMC3 sales matter when you take into consideration on how good the game itself is. Besides, it sold well enough the first time around to warrant a Special Edition.

Speaking of which, this 'new' DMC could just end up being DMC3 Ultra Edition. You never know.

However, I'd still be grateful for either a DMC1SE, DMC3UE, or a brand new DMC5. As long as Capcom continues to pay attention to the series, I'm fine with it.

Keep your expectations low, everyone. That way, you won't be disappointed in the end.

Last edited:

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Crossing fingers to be DMC5.

Capcom has been talking about remaking RE2, and if they had an idea to remake some of the DMC games? DMC or DMC3, perhaps? I know it's unlikely, but in general i think it's less expensive to remake something and re-use most of the ideas than to get a team to think from scratch and turning everything real.

What you guys think about this?

EDIT:

To see the first DMC remaked and with gameplay similar to DMC4 is a little dream of mine; while i don't know how this could be done without really changing the core of the first DMC combat, i think it can be done in a fashion that we can still see the original game there, but a lot of thinking involved in making this work well (mainly about enemy design).

berto

I Saw the Devil
I really don't think DMC3 sales matter when you take into consideration on how good the game itself is. Besides, it sold well enough the first time around to warrant a Special Edition.
Didn't the SE sell better than the original release.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Didn't the SE sell better than the original release.

As far as i have already heard, 3SE sold like 0,7m (i think that if it had sold as much as DMC3, it would appear at Capcom Platinum ranking; 0,7 is still pretty solid for a Special Edition of a game that sold 1.1m. It ~almost~ doubled the number.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That's what I was getting at. It sold ok, so Capcom thought they could sell even more if they gave us Vergil.

Top Bottom