• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Forgiving Gameplay

Nessy

Awesome, we'll be waiting for your playthrough then, don't worry about items or ND, just doing it will be fine. If you need a link to the mod it's here, http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/forum/1657528/

As it's so easy I expect your playthrough to be up at some point soon, or at the very least mission 2 today.

So wait...I'm allowed to use items? You do understand that no matter what this will be incredibly easy right? How About I do level 2 with no damage? Is that okay for you?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
So wait...I'm allowed to use items? You do understand that no matter what this will be incredibly easy right? How About I do level 2 with no damage? Is that okay for you?

Whatever you want, as long as it's GMD+LDK I don't care I just want to see if you can beat it like you say.

SpawnShooter

So I can use items, and it doesn't matter what grade I get?

You'll be doing this,
except in God Must Die instead of Dante Must Die.

Grades don't matter, damage don't matter, items don't matter, character don't matter, costume don't matter, speed don't matter (if it's in Turbo)
I'm seeing if you can complete it not perfect it, I personally don't think you'll be able to get past the first group of enemies even on mission 2 with this difficulty.

SpawnShooter

lol, you underestimate me by quite a bit there. I've already completed LDK no damage, this will not be any harder.

LOL!!!!!!!! XD
You have no idea how funny that statement was, there is a reason there are no playthroughs of GMD+LDK on YouTube even by the worlds best. I may be underestimating your skills but that's why I wanted to see you do it, I'm basing my opinion of your gameplay on that I have seen, I think you are underestimating the difficulty and over-sizing your own container for skill.

Nessy

So you guarantee that I can't complete this level even with items and no Damage? Guarantee?

SpawnShooter

So you guarantee that I can't complete this level even with items and no Damage? Guarantee?

I don't guarantee it, I'm not so arrogant with my assumptions. If you do it I will happily admit I was wrong and credit you as a good DMC player.

However the footage you have shown only shows that you are a slightly above average player, something this difficulty does not allow.
ND runs and S ranks don't mean you're a good player. It just means you know how to play safe, good players push their limits and make real challenges for themselves. The earlier showing of "not using the analog stick" doesn't mean the game's easy with items or you are good, for a start you can still easily exploit the invulnerable frames from jumping. Try it again as Dante without using the analog stick or jumping, only using Royal Guard to not take damage.

Nessy

I don't guarantee it, I'm not so arrogant with my assumptions. If you do it I will happily admit I was wrong and credit you as a good DMC player.

However the footage you have shown only shows that you are a slightly above average player, something this difficulty does not allow.
ND runs and S ranks don't mean you're a good player. It just means you know how to play safe, good players push their limits and make real challenges for themselves. The earlier showing of "not using the analog stick" doesn't mean the game's easy with items or you are good, for a start you can still easily exploit the invulnerable frames from jumping. Try it again as Dante without using the analog stick or jumping, only using Royal Guard to not take damage.

Do it all the time. Plus there is strategy, strategy is the way to go. I have a strategy to doing this, which by your own criteria makes me a good dmc player.

SpawnShooter

Do it all the time. Plus there is strategy, strategy is the way to go. I have a strategy to doing this, which by your own criteria makes me a good dmc player.

You are mis-interpreting what I'm saying, a good player doesn't go around saying everything is easy, they look for more challenges to better improve themselves rather than saying they are already amazing and assuming they are the best or at least on par with them.

A strategy could be just use your guns and long range moves to beat the enemy without taking damage, doesn't make someone a good player.

Nessy

You are mis-interpreting what I'm saying, a good player doesn't go around saying everything is easy, they look for more challenges to better improve themselves rather than saying they are already amazing and assuming they are the best or at least on par with them.

A strategy could be just use your guns and long range moves to beat the enemy without taking damage, doesn't make someone a good player.

But your criteria to being a good player would be that I would be able to do this level with no damage?

SpawnShooter

But your criteria to being a good player would be that I would be able to do this level with no damage?

Why do we keep going around in circles? we started talking about this an hour ago, if you do impressive stuff I'll think you are a good player, what you have shown in your videos is not impressive by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not saying your ND runs are not hard and well done for being able to do them but in the grand scheme of "good DMC players" it's not even in the same league or sport.

I haven't completed GMD+LDK on any levels and I'd be considered a decent well above average player, so by extension if you can do this you're a superior player to myself.

Nessy

Why do we keep going around in circles? we started talking about this an hour ago, if you do impressive stuff I'll think you are a good player, what you have shown in your videos is not impressive by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not saying your ND runs are not hard and well done for being able to do them but in the grand scheme of "good DMC players" it's not even in the same league or sport.

I haven't completed GMD+LDK on any levels and I'd be considered a decent well above average player, so by extension if you can do this you're a superior player to myself.

you're a decent above average player? Last I checked the game grades players. In only your own eyes are you seeing yourself as better than me, but since I last checked, I don't think you outscored me on any of the missions, and I've completed the whole game ND where you haven't.

A simple measureable way of measuring us. I have finished the game ND with no items, you haven't.

Nessy

My challenge to you now if to complete the entire game no items no damage on DMD mode. Then we can talk.

SpawnShooter

you're a decent above average player? Last I checked the game grades players. In only your own eyes are you seeing yourself as better than me, but since I last checked, I don't think you outscored me on any of the missions, and I've completed the whole game ND where you haven't.

A simple empirical way of measuring us. I have finished the game ND with no items, you haven't.

I hadn't 20 months ago when we exchanged results (it was Nov 2010) http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/mission-records.8488/ but I like to think I've improved since then. But you're right, I'm saying that in my opinion I'm a better player than you which is unfair as opinions are biased, here's my entry for my most recent style tournament I was in so people can decide for themselves

EDIT: Ok well done you did it, I didn't realize that Holy Waters would damage enemies that much on that difficulty, but regardless you did it with the agreed rules. You are a superior player to me.

Top Bottom