• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Forgiving Gameplay

Nessy

Just for the record, ICallPhotoshop is a friend of mine...you can actually hear him talk in the background of the video I uploaded. Disregard everything he says.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yeah, it is. If you use no items, you are given an S in the Items Used part of the scoring system.
Right, so why doesn't JamboNessy's video (page 4, about half way up) show any Penalties or Bonuses at the end screen? The point of the video is to show that an S rank is possible on DMD even with spamming items, but how come 'Items Used' doesn't appear on the left under the Penalties and Bonuses part of the ranking screen? Do they disappear if You skip the point counter or am I missing something?

chocolatepanda

Well the average gamer doesnt get enough orbs to spam healing over and over and over. Also doesn't the logic of farming money for items to make the game easier apply to a lot of games?

Nessy

Right, so why doesn't JamboNessy's video (page 4, about half way up) show any Penalties or Bonuses at the end screen? The point of the video is to show that an S rank is possible on DMD even with spamming items, but how come 'Items Used' doesn't appear on the left under the Penalties and Bonuses part of the ranking screen? Do they disappear if You skip the point counter or am I missing something?

"Items Used" is not a penalty.
If you use no items you get the "No Items" Bonus which gives a 1.2* multiplier to your final score. The only penalties are:

Super Character (0.2)
Enemy Handicap (0.8)
Gold Orb (0.7)
Continues (0.8)

About the farming to make the game easier. How many full HP stars do you really need to finish a level. I used a handful and I wasn't using the left analog stick...I don't see even the worst players being as bad as that.

You get lots of gold orbs, green stars, purple stars and red orbs from the early difficulties as well so I don't see farming being needed at all.

Look here and you will see how the final score for each mission is calculated, it's pretty simple:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938686-devil-may-cry-4/41519092

Off Topic: Got to BP 42 with Dante last night with no damage. Been playing a bit more since I got my Onza, such a better controller.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I see, well it has been quite some time since I've played DMC 4, I just assumed that using an Item would be listed as an actual penalty as opposed to simply being some hidden point calculator. Oh well, I guess you were right.

Top Bottom