• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Forgiving Gameplay

Nessy

In DMC4 the only enemies I would class as badly designed would be the chimera assaults (they slow down the gameplay) and Dante (even though I've done mission 10 ND).

People say that Hack n Slash is a difficult genre, but compared to what? It's definitely easier to master than pretty much any multiplayer game, especially the ones I choose to play, and even in terms of single player games, a game like UT99, q3 or even just sc2's campaign are harder to complete in godlike, nightmare and brutal than DMC is on DMD. You might be saying "Maybe you're just bad at FPS and RTS", but I assure you I am far weaker at hack n slash than those games.

Personally I think that the ability to use more than 1 green star per level is ridiculous, and having gold orbs what so ever just makes the game a bit of a joke in terms of difficulty.

If the worse players really care about stuff like super characters then they should just put a cheat code in the game or automatically have them unlocked or something.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yeah? Easily, I can even use a continue and get an S on some levels.
I find this very hard to believe, man, I'm sorry. I haven't played DMC 4 properly in forever, but to think that an S rank is possible whilst using items and even continuing which is infinitely worse, I just can't see it. Unless, you're talking about on lower difficulties? But even at that, it would need to be Human mode. I literally cannot see a player getting an S rank whilst using a continue in a level, unless due to some random glitch.

Nessy

I find this very hard to believe, man, I'm sorry. I haven't played DMC 4 properly in forever, but to think that an S rank is possible whilst using items and even continuing which is infinitely worse, I just can't see it. Unless, you're talking about on lower difficulties? But even at that, it would need to be Human mode. I literally cannot see a player getting an S rank whilst using a continue in a level, unless due to some random glitch.

Well, I'd have to reinstall the game, but I could prove it if you'd like?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Well, I'd have to reinstall the game, but I could prove it if you'd like?
I'm not meaning to sound mean, but yes I'd genuinely be interested in a screencap or something of an end-level result screen showing continue penalties next to an S rank. Brix would well and truly be shat.

Nessy

I am Extremely out of practice, but getting an S without the "No items" Bonus, without the "No Damage" Bonus, and with both "Gold Orb" and "Continues"? Is it possible to make it easier?
DevilMayCry4_DX102012-06-0216-49-47-39.jpg

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I am Extremely out of practice, but getting an S without the "No items" Bonus, without the "No Damage" Bonus, and with both "Gold Orb" and "Continues"? Is it possible to make it easier?
DevilMayCry4_DX102012-06-0216-49-47-39.jpg
The evidence now seems overwhelming.

im a believer in innocent till proven guilty so tell me the level & difficulty you just did and ill attempt to recreate youre results

Zilla

The inFAAMous
The level is 19, the massive Boss run one, but even if this were legitimate, it would HAVE to be Human mode. No difficulty above that would be that forgiving. I'll admit, if it is 'shooped, it is pretty well done to someone simply glancing at it.

But that still makes Me wonder... Why do it?

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
The level is 19, the massive Boss run one, but even if this were legitimate, it would HAVE to be Human mode. No difficulty above that would be that forgiving. I'll admit, if it is 'shooped, it is pretty well done to someone simply glancing at it.

But that still makes Me wonder... Why do it?

simple

Nessy

It's on DMD mode, try scoring that on Human mode...pretty much impossible.

Yes, I know, I am awesome.

Nessy

I would also just like to point out that if you are using the items, then you could complete mission 19 without even using the left analog stick (movement) for any of the fights (that includes moves that use the left analog stick).

That is how ridiculously easy this game is with items.

Top Bottom