• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry - Movie, Dream Cast and Crew.

EllDawn

I'm glad you agree. This guy is suited for Mundus.
He could play just about any character.

But who would play Lillith?

a) Lindsay Lohan?

b) Megan Fox?

c) Miley Cyrus?

These girls? They're washed up.
I wouldn't choose any of them. I'd choose an actress that can give the character more depth. They can't. And I wouldn't choose someone that's young, because Lilith isn't. Earlier I suggested Michelle Pfeifer. Now I kind of think Alice Krige would be a good choice. She has the bigger cheek bones, interesting features. Exaggerating some of her features could be pretty good.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wouldn't choose any of them. I'd choose an actress that can give the character more depth. They can't. And I wouldn't choose someone that's young, because Lilith isn't. Earlier I suggested Michelle Pfeifer. Now I kind of think Alice Krige would be a good choice. She has the bigger cheek bones, interesting features. Exaggerating some of her features could be pretty good.

But it would be better for Lindsay to play Lillith.

Instead of a woman in plastic surgery, how about a washed-up popstar/celebrity?

As for Dante & Vergil. That's a tough one.

Nicholas Hoult for Dante while Armie Hammer for Vergil can work.

And Kat... either played by...

a) Jennifer Lawrence
b) Kacey Rohl
c) Daveigh Chase
d) Jodelle Ferland

And Phineas... Morgan Freeman can fit well with that character.

EllDawn

a) Jennifer Lawrence
b) Kacey Rohl
c) Daveigh Chase
d) Jodelle Ferland

They don't have the talent to play Lilith. She needs to be played by someone that's more of an actress rather than someone that will strut around and be there for eye candy.

I have no idea who they are, so I can't really give my opinion.

As for Kat, I really don't know. I haven't seen any actresses that really looked like they had the right feel to them. She should be played by someone young. I think I'd actually go with someone that isn't that well known, just starting out.

Phineas, I still think Ernie Hudson would be best. Morgan Freeman is great, I love him, but people would get too distracted by him and not actually look at the character.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!

a) Jennifer Lawrence
b) Kacey Rohl
c) Daveigh Chase
d) Jodelle Ferland

Could go for Jennifer Lawrence for Kat; dunno who the rest are...

I see some resemblance of Morgan Freeman in Phineas, you know? So yeah!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Could go for Jennifer Lawrence for Kat; dunno who the rest are...

I see some resemblance of Morgan Freeman in Phineas, you know? So yeah!

Kacey Rohl: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kacey_Rohl

Daveigh Chase played a little girl in The Ring & Lilo from Lilo & Stitch

Jodelle Ferland played the little girl from Silent Hill

Nicholas Hoult played a zombie from Warm Bodies & played Jack on Jack the Giant Slayer

&

Armie Hammer played the Lone Ranger

Dante47

I think they need to get the same actor for both characters, or else it won't work. They're twins after all.
Still, you'd need a very talented actor to pull off two characters at once.
7kwmF.gif

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
But who would play Lillith?

a) Lindsay Lohan?

b) Megan Fox?

c) Miley Cyrus?

Don't take it as an offense, but that little obsession you got over there is really worrying to me.
Yes, these girls are totally nuts, and yes; with a little bit of Hollywood powder (and I am not exaggerating the 'little bit' part), they can turn into ugly skanks such as Lilith, but for god's sake they can't do the thing that matters the most in the Hollywood industry! Goddamn act. I've seen Hooter girls who can convey emotions better than all three of them combined together.

Michelle Pfeiffer could do it. I mean, she did play Catwoman, the ultimate femme fatale.
Another contender would be Demi Moore, as I suggested earlier. She has shown she knows how to be a hateable b-tch, time to time.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Cast

Dante: Justin Chatwin, Tim Phillips, or Me :wink:

Vergil: Brandon Routh or Alex Russell

Kat: Jennifer Lawrence

Mundus: Michael Madsen

Lillith: Charlize Theron

Phineas: Forest Whitaker

Teal

Underrated Man of Steel?

Man of Steel sucked.

url-17.gif
It's....subjective.
While some saw it as a bad representation of Superman, the ultimate boyscout with superpowers, a few (such as me) defined it as a realistic take on an otherwise worn-out superhero.

It's hard to do a good, mind-bending Superman movie for one reason only; he is too OP! We all know what's gonna happen in the end. He's gonna imprison the bad guy, get the girl, take the dangerous nuke in outer space where it explodes and return back to earth safely, where everybody cheers for him. I am not saying Zack Snyder did achieve to make a good Superman movie, but he deserves a 10 for effort.

But, in the end, I digress...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's....subjective.
While some saw it as a bad representation of Superman, the ultimate boyscout with superpowers, a few (such as me) defined it as a realistic take on an otherwise worn-out superhero.

It's hard to do a good, mind-bending Superman movie for one reason only; he is too OP! We all know what's gonna happen in the end. He's gonna imprison the bad guy, get the girl, take the dangerous nuke in outer space where it explodes and return back to earth safely, where everybody cheers for him. I am not saying Zack Snyder did achieve to make a good Superman movie, but he deserves a 10 for effort.

But, in the end, I digress...
For one, if you think "realism" serves a purpose for superheroes then you're kinda missing the point. And Man of Steel wasn't even well done anyway in that regard.

It's a very poorly written film and that we owe to David Goyer and it's who I really blame. Zack is a decent director and definitely can make things look cool visually but, he's all style and no substance. Get him some good writing talent on board with him and he can make a good movie.

David Goyer is not. He's goddamn awful.

And while it is true that the movie fails to understand anything about Superman, it just fails as a movie too. It's badly done with only the Dragonball Z fights being the highlight of them.

And you also obviously don't understand Superman whatsoever. You probably never even read any of the comics to just act like he has no dilemmas whatsoever.

You're talking to a huge comic book nerd. Don't try to tell me you think you know what's right for Supes. Man of Steel was NOT the way to go about it. Especially being the launchpad for DC's cinematic universe.

Plus We don't need moody, "realistic", and gritty superhero flicks out the a$$. DC just needs to embrace the comic book lineage like Marvel has.

Wonder-Woman-Rocket-Raccoon.jpg

And this is why Marvel is practically making victory laps now and DC has no clue as to what they are doing.

Which is a shame because I LOVE both Marvel and DC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Superman wouldn't f#cking level Metropolis in a fight against Zod. When Lex rallies against Supes he will actually have a goddamn point.

If it were up to me, the final fight would have been Supes and Zod battling it out on the moon and you'd hear no sound effects. Just Hans Zimmer's score taking over as they DBZ fight it out.

Plus, Supes dad shouldn't have f#cking died especially like that.

Teal

For one, if you think "realism" serves a purpose for superheroes then you're kinda missing the point. And Man of Steel wasn't even well done anyway in that regard.

It's a very poorly written film and that we owe to David Goyer and it's who I really blame. Zack is a decent director and definitely can make things look cool visually but, he's all style and no substance. Get him some good writing talent on board with him and he can make a good movie.

David Goyer is not. He's goddamn awful.

And while it is true that the movie fails to understand anything about Superman, it just fails as a movie too. It's badly done with only the Dragonball Z fights being the highlight of them.

And you also obviously don't understand Superman whatsoever. You probably never even read any of the comics to just act like he has no dilemmas whatsoever.

You're talking to a huge comic book nerd. Don't try to tell me you think you know what's right for Supes. Man of Steel was NOT the way to go about it. Especially being the launchpad for DC's cinematic universe.

Plus We don't need moody, "realistic", and gritty superhero flicks out the a$$. DC just needs to embrace the comic book lineage like Marvel has.

Wonder-Woman-Rocket-Raccoon.jpg

And this is why Marvel is practically making victory laps now and DC has no clue as to what they are doing.

Which is a shame because I LOVE both Marvel and DC.
You are right actually; I never read DC comics. I could actually barely get my hands in a few Spider-Man issues a few months back, since searching for comics here is like going on a quest to find a leprechaun. But let's discuss thisfrom another point of view, the view of a guy who likes movies but is not particularly a fan of comics. If I had to choose in-between Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns" (which seems to be very loyal to the comics) or Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel", I would definitely go with the latter. Why? Because it didn't really show us anything interesting, anything new. It was a Richard Donner film with better special effects. Oh, and in no way do I blame Bryan Singer. He is an amazing director, and I enjoyed his previos works a lot, but he really didn't have much creative freedom on this one. From the perspective of loyal DC fans though, I can only imagine how much they wanted DC to continue the franchise and make a trilogy out of it. Who knows, maybe the second installment would have turned better.

Also, Marvel isn't really quite winning the cinematic fight. Sure, they do seem to be working harder and making more movies than DC, but DC appears to be using a quality over quantity strategy. While I found several Marvel movies to be extremely enjoyable (example: Spider-Man 2, which I believe is the best superhero movie of all time), they really made a few mistakes with Ghost Rider (both movies), Daredevil, X-Men Origins, Fantastic Four ect. and don't forget this is coming from a guy who was grown watching the 90s Spider-Man series and has been an avid supporter of Marvel since then.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You are right actually; I never read DC comics. I could actually barely get my hands in a few Spider-Man issues a few months back, since searching for comics here is like going on a quest to find a leprechaun. But let's discuss thisfrom another point of view, the view of a guy who likes movies but is not particularly a fan of comics. If I had to choose in-between Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns" (which seems to be very loyal to the comics) or Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel", I would definitely go with the latter. Why? Because it didn't really show us anything interesting, anything new. It was a Richard Donner film with better special effects. Oh, and in no way do I blame Bryan Singer. He is an amazing director, and I enjoyed his previos works a lot, but he really didn't have much creative freedom on this one. From the perspective of loyal DC fans though, I can only imagine how much they wanted DC to continue the franchise and make a trilogy out of it. Who knows, maybe the second installment would have turned better.

Also, Marvel isn't really quite winning the cinematic fight. Sure, they do seem to be working harder and making more movies than DC, but DC appears to be using a quality over quantity strategy. While I found several Marvel movies to be extremely enjoyable (example: Spider-Man 2, which I believe is the best superhero movie of all time), they really made a few mistakes with Ghost Rider (both movies), Daredevil, X-Men Origins, Fantastic Four ect. and don't forget this is coming from a guy who was grown watching the 90s Spider-Man series and has been an avid supporter of Marvel since then.
Most of the movies you named when talking about Marvel weren't done by them. For example X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights belong to Fox. I'm talking about the Marvel movies actually done by them when it comes to the universe surrounding the Avengers and stuff. They have succeeded and continue delivering exciting superhero movies for both comic and non comic fans alike.

Quality is the last thing on DC's mind. They are just playing catch up with Marvel which is why the follow up to Man of Steel is now suddenly a Batman/Superman......wait scratch that, Wonder Woman tossed in on the back burner instead of getting her own movie (total BS) so this is a Trinity?.........No scratch that, there's the possibility of Green Lantern and Flash showing up too. So, what the hell are you doing DC?

And don't even get me started on their New 52 line up when it comes to their comics. That is just for the most part total garbage.

As for Superman Returns I admit the movie is really not that great but, it is one film I don't hate as much as everyone else does. The reason why it was so much like the Donner flick (which I still think holds up to this day) is because it WAS a sequel to Superman 2. The problems with that film though was that for one man was it booooooring at times and also Brandon Routh, while incredibly looking just like Reeves, didn't capture the same charisma Reeve had as Superman.

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor though.....awesome.

Just the fact that the Batman/Superman movie doesn't even have an official title is evidence enough that they don't have a clue as to what they are doing.

Call it World's Finest. There.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind if the guy who directed Wanted or that Abraham Lincoln Vampire hunter movie directed this film because those two films looked awesome.

Alex Garland should do the script cause he's awesome and has a pre-existing knowledge of the source material plus is a big name screenwriter so he can act as a producer.

Teal

As much as I am enjoying this discussion with you Chancey, I am just gonna toss this one out and move back to the original topic. I feel like we're taking this too far in a thread that's not even suited for this kind of discussion.

Although I have little knowledge on the comics, I have seen all of the Superman movies. Even III and IV, which were complete disasters. That's why I mostly made up my points with that little knowledge about the character I gained through movies. That said, Man of Steel didn't deserve the rating it had. Let's be honest here; it wasn't the best movie of the century, it may have been a terrible comic book adaptation, but the action scenes were awesome, the story although a little bit ridiculous did keep me interested and unlike you I still think David Goyer is one the best screenwriters out there. For god's sake, RottenTomatoes have given good reviews to movies that don't quite deserve it. Why was this any different? They gave RED a 72 percent, which was basically A-Team with Helen Mirren in it. They gave both the first X-Men and the second X-Men movie a positive score. If Hugh Jackman's rage-induced quips were interesting enough to be regarded so highly, why can't they do the same with Henry Cavill's...abs, I guess? Or his Tarzan yelling when he punches an alien leader through a 24/7 store into a gas station?

Now, I am not saying the movie had any depth although in the first glance you could see they actually tried to make it very deep, or if Henry Cavill acted well. Cause he didn't. I think he did even worse than Brandon. But the movie was good, you guys. It didn't deserve the 55-56 percent RottenTomatoes and Metacritics gave it.

Still, that's just my opinion and I stand by it.

Time to get back at what I was doing.

What about Len Wiseman who directed th Underworld movies?
Len Wiseman? He seems like an inconsistent chap. The Underworld movies sucked, let's face it. So did his remake of the cult classic Total Recall. However I enjoyed Die Hard 4.0 a lot, so I guess he must have some potential after all.

I think that if they were provided with a low-budget for this movie, as I feel like it's gonna happen, Len Wiseman would be a good choice. But, let's not forget this is a dream cast thread. We're trying to think of the best possible cast for the movie.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well just to be fair, the actors are all cast well in Man of Steel. It's just they have a poor script to work with. I'll stand by what I said, David Goyer is awful. Seriously, he's the guy who wrote films like The Crow: City of Angels, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and Blade Trinity. All terrible movies. :vomit:

And if I can describe Man of Steel the best, it's a really big disappointment. I was expecting a really cool Superman flick and the beginning of an epic cinematic DC saga. Instead, I got the best Dragonball Z adaption ever but, a p!ss poor Superman flick.

It's not the worst movie I've ever seen but, it should have been good. The more I thought about it, the more I disliked it and I liked the film initially after I saw it in theaters.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
In a nutshell, you'll either hate it or love it as it seems like the Superman flick for the people who never thought Superman was cool. :/

Top Bottom