• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry - Movie, Dream Cast and Crew.

Dantesanimus

What about a screenwriter? Movie critics nowadays are more fond of a good story rather than a CGI-infested mess. I was thinking David S. Goyer. He seems to have some sort of a lust for turning movies with a rather light tone into a dark pit, take Man of Steel for example. Besides, he knows how to work plot twists very well. He was the one who made Black Ops and Black Ops 2 a little bit more enjoyable.

DmC is punk gritty on its own and his writing would be way too heavy for that style I think. It works fine for characters like Batman but I feel like he wouldn't do well with someone like Dante .

I'm actually betting they already intend to use Skip Woods as a writer since he has worked on previous video game to film releases and is currently working on Kane & Lynch with the script writer that is supposedly already been decided on for DMC (Kyle Ward). All of this is unfortunate considering Ward doesn't seem to have much experience in general and Woods is responsible for atrocities such as A Good Day to Die Hard and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I don't remember whether the Hitman film was good or bad but he also wrote that as well. So I guess cross your fingers.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
You're right. I am afraid that if a DmC movie gets made, the crew is going for a commercial success rather than a critical one as they've done with videogame movies over the years. Hitman, which was very badly written and received overwhelming critical reception, was a box office success. It's proof that movie adaptations of games attract a lot of viewers, so they just make a **** sandwich out of a few young actors who have previously only worked in Pepsi commercials and then throw it in the silver screen while they prep their nets to grab all the money they can gather. But, I am assuming that with the release of a Splinter Cell movie which has been confirmed by Ubisoft and seems to be very promising, with Tom Hardy as the main protagonist and Eric Singer (the guy who wrote The International) as the screenwriter, many Hollywood studios will be ready to take the responsibility to make more movie adaptations of videogames.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
What about a screenwriter? Movie critics nowadays are more fond of a good story rather than a CGI-infested mess. I was thinking David S. Goyer. He seems to have some sort of a lust for turning movies with a rather light tone into a dark pit, take Man of Steel for example. Besides, he knows how to work plot twists very well. He was the one who made Black Ops and Black Ops 2 a little bit more enjoyable.
Well, that's interesting. No wonder the Black Ops story is better than the Modern Warfare story! Not to mention how non-linear BO2's story really is as it is player-determined!

MigsRZXAStylish

You're right. I am afraid that if a DmC movie gets made, the crew is going for a commercial success rather than a critical one as they've done with videogame movies over the years. Hitman, which was very badly written and received overwhelming critical reception, was a box office success. It's proof that movie adaptations of games attract a lot of viewers, so they just make a **** sandwich out of a few young actors who have previously only worked in Pepsi commercials and then throw it in the silver screen while they prep their nets to grab all the money they can gather. But, I am assuming that with the release of a Splinter Cell movie which has been confirmed by Ubisoft and seems to be very promising, with Tom Hardy as the main protagonist and Eric Singer (the guy who wrote The International) as the screenwriter, many Hollywood studios will be ready to take the responsibility to make more movie adaptations of videogames.
Would it be possible for the DmC movie to be BOTH critical and commercial, then?

Sunaka Marién

The reason why Tim Phillips and almost all of the famous voice actors stick to voice acting is because they can't act. Actually, they can, maybe a little bit since mo-cap plays a big role in the videogame entertainment industry nowadays, but not as good when compared to an award-winning Hollywood actor such as Nicholas Hoult. And it has been proven several times that the 'is too soft' argument doesn't work, since good actors such as Hoult are able to pull off the face of an angel in one part, and turn into a devil in the other.
But, uhm, Tim is an actor, Dante was actually the first and only time for him to do voice acting :/
I do realize that he might not be an award-winning Hollywood actor, but given what we've seen of him in DmC, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to make a good portrayal of him in an actual movie aswell.
Also what I was trying to get at with Hoult's face being to soft was that he simply doesn't look like Dante, not at all. And I'd (personally) rather choose an actor that at least looks like Dante, even if it might mean that his performance isn't the best that'd be possible to do.
Edit: And to be honest I think Tim would actually do better than that Hoult guy, because, as I already said, he know the character.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would like it if Dante is played by Nick Hoult and Vergil is played by Max Thieriot?

I know the perfect director should be Len Wiseman since he directed Underworld.

What of the perfect script writer?

Last edited:

This_IZ_Sparda!

Actually, I'd first be against the idea of Hollywood making movies. They have that tendency to f*ck things up to be honest.. especially movies based on videogame franchises. i'm a little uneasy on that. focusing more on commercial success. meh, whatever. i'll try to join the fun. :laugh:

So far, I'm seeing impressive suggestions posted here. I'm even thinking that your suggestions for Lilith might even be prettier than the ugly skank portrayed in the game. :vomit:

For the story though... y'know, the game-based movies are always not true to the original franchise, right?. Hell, even Lord of the Rings movies didnt follow the actual content in the book. So that means, producers and scriptwriters will have to produce something that's partly different to the DmC game. They can't really follow every bit and piece from the game. Not even sure if i'd want Poison and Bob Barbas in the movie.

Sunaka Marién

Actually, I'd first be against the idea of Hollywood making movies. They have that tendency to f*ck things up to be honest.. especially movies based on videogame franchises. i'm a little uneasy on that. focusing more on commercial success. meh, whatever. i'll try to join the fun. :laugh:

So far, I'm seeing impressive suggestions posted here. I'm even thinking that your suggestions for Lilith might even be prettier than the ugly skank portrayed in the game. :vomit:

For the story though... y'know, the game-based movies are always not true to the original franchise, right?. Hell, even Lord of the Rings movies didnt follow the actual content in the book. So that means, producers and scriptwriters will have to produce something that's partly different to the DmC game. They can't really follow every bit and piece from the game. Not even sure if i'd want Poison and Bob Barbas in the movie.
Well, it might not be possible to really recreate every little thing from the games, but it is possible to follow a game's plot for the most part and only do some very minor changes, and to be honest, I think it's better that way, because it reduces the chances of them screwing up the characters. The Phoenix Wright movie managed to do that pretty well, for example.

This_IZ_Sparda!

I'm actually having mixed feelings on the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie called The Piece of Eden. I like Michael Fassbender, but i'm not sure if he should be Desmond Miles. I dont even know if he should play Altair or someone else will.

This_IZ_Sparda!

Well, it might not be possible to really recreate every little thing from the games, but it is possible to follow a game's plot for the most part and only do some very minor changes, and to be honest, I think it's better that way, because it reduces the chances of them screwing up the characters. The Phoenix Wright movie managed to do that pretty well, for example.
hmmm i did not know that.. an Ace Attorney film. :jawdrop:

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Would it be possible for the DmC movie to be BOTH critical and commercial, then?

It is possible, but only if a relatively famous studio takes the mantle. Most of the movie adaptations of videogames are directed by people with very little experience in moviemaking, and with considerably little budget. That's because they're unsure about it's commercial success and are afraid to take any chances.

AcidX_Y

Think I found Vergil.
armie_hammer_20994.jpg

Dantesanimus

I'm actually having mixed feelings on the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie called The Piece of Eden. I like Michael Fassbender, but i'm not sure if he should be Desmond Miles. I dont even know if he should play Altair or someone else will.

Actually this one might have more hope since Ubisoft has a very interesting deal set up with New Regency plus they are using their own division of a film production thing ( Im not sure how to describe it it was specifically made to control the use of their material in film) and they have strict guidelines and say so on script and casting. Fassbender is also set to help produce, which he is pretty damn good at doing.

MigsRZXAStylish

Wait, just remember this, guys:

For the DmC movie, Dante's look is more on the Classic Dante look from the original DMC games!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Kat:
a) Jennifer Lawrence
hunger-games-movie-photo-jennifer-lawrence.jpg

b) Daveigh Chase
220px-Daveigh_Chase_LF_adjusted.jpg

Mundus:
a) Brad Dourif
Brad_Dourif.jpg

b) Bruce Willis
Bruce-Willis_0.jpg

c) Jeff Bridges
jeff-bridges_5705702.jpg

d) Ron Perlman
RonPerlman02.jpg

Lillith:
a) Lindsay Lohan
lindsay-lohan4.jpg

b) Megan Fox
Megan_Fox_promoting_Transformers_in_Paris.jpg

c) Michelle Pfeiffer
MV5BMTUzNjI0Njc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTM2MjYz._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

d) Demi Moore
Demi_Moore_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

This_IZ_Sparda!

Kat:
a) Jennifer Lawrence
hunger-games-movie-photo-jennifer-lawrence.jpg

b) Daveigh Chase
220px-Daveigh_Chase_LF_adjusted.jpg

Mundus:
a) Brad Dourif
Brad_Dourif.jpg

b) Bruce Willis
Bruce-Willis_0.jpg

c) Jeff Bridges
jeff-bridges_5705702.jpg

d) Ron Perlman
RonPerlman02.jpg

Lillith:
a) Lindsay Lohan
lindsay-lohan4.jpg

b) Megan Fox
Megan_Fox_promoting_Transformers_in_Paris.jpg

c) Michelle Pfeiffer
MV5BMTUzNjI0Njc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTM2MjYz._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

d) Demi Moore
Demi_Moore_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
for Kat:
- Daveigh Chase

Mundus:
Jeff Bridges

Lilith:
Michelle P.

This_IZ_Sparda!

games_hdwallpaper_devil-may-cry-dante-vs-vergil_81870.jpg

Dante:
a) Nicholas Hoult
warm-bodies-image-nicholas-hoult-2.jpg

b) Hayden Christensen
Hayden-Christensen-as-Anakin-Skywalker-in-20th-Century-Fox-actionadventure-Star-Wars-Episode-III-Revenge-of-the-Sith-2005-17.jpg

Vergil:
a) Freddie Highmore
t2-highmore_9513743_206114c.jpg

b) Max Thieriot
Max_Thieriot_04_002.jpg

c) Hayden Christensen
13328__hayden_l.jpg
Dante:
Maybe Nicholas hoult? although they really have to buff up a bit.. i'm thinking Ryan Reynold's body or the protagonist from Pacific Rim and Sons of Anarchy. And they REAAAALLLY need to put up a badass attitude (of course without the pointless "Fcuk you! FCUK YOUUUUUUU!!" Moments. :rolleyes:

Vergil:
Sorry but not Freddy H. all i can think in his acting is August Rush and more recently Bate's motel. I find him and his approach too boyish.
Maybe Hayden C. Although he'd better deviate a bit from his angst-y style i've seen in Jumper and Star Wars Ep.2 and 3.
Think I found Vergil.
armie_hammer_20994.jpg
I'm actually voting for this guy that AcidX_Y suggested for as Vergil(although in looks only for now. I wasn't in favor of his acting in Lone Ranger).

Dantesanimus

Dante:
Maybe Nicholas hoult? although they really have to buff up a bit.. i'm thinking Ryan Reynold's body or the protagonist from Pacific Rim and Sons of Anarchy. And they REAAAALLLY need to put up a badass attitude (of course without the pointless "Fcuk you! FCUK YOUUUUUUU!!" Moments. :rolleyes:

Vergil:
Sorry but not Freddy H. all i can think in his acting is August Rush and more recently Bate's motel. I find him and his approach too boyish.
Maybe Hayden C. Although he'd better deviate a bit from his angst-y style i've seen in Jumper and Star Wars Ep.2 and 3.

I'm actually voting for this guy that AcidX_Y suggested for as Vergil(although in looks only for now. I wasn't in favor of his acting in Lone Ranger).

Unfortunately for Hayden C. That seems to be the only style of acting he is capable of. :p May those movies be scorched into the souls of humanity as a reminder...Never again...

Dantesanimus

Keep in mind. Just because someone looks like a good Dante/Vergil. Doesn't mean they are TALENTED enough to PLAY a good Dante/Vergil.

Top Bottom