• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC: Devil May Cry - Movie, Dream Cast and Crew.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I know that I am not the only one who has noticed how closer the reboot is to Hollywood movies, as opposed to the authentic Japanese cutscene-based action the previous installments employed. So, I was thinking; if they made a DmC movie adaptation, which actors would be fit to play the characters?

I thought it very through, and I composed a dream cast.

Director: Guillermo Del Toro.
Known for: Hellboy (1,2), Blade (1,2) and his latest flick; Pacific Rim.

Alternatively,

Director: Zack Snyder
Known for: Dawn of the Dead and the greatly underrated Watchmen and Man of Steel. Oh, also for 300, but that movie sucked.

Now, for the actors.

Dante: Nicholas Hoult.
Reason: He is a good actor, he is physically fit and he looks a lot like the old skinny design of Dante, before they redesigned it.

Virgil: Nicholas Hoult, maybe?
Reason: Since they are twins and they look a like, Nicholas Hoult would have to be in a double role, but I have no idea how that would look.

Kat: Kat Dennings.
Reason: About the same height, same emo look. Yeah, she'd be perfect.

Mundus: Jeff Bridges.
Reason: Not exactly fitting, but come on, it would be a film adaptation. Not everyone should look like their gaming counterpart. Besides, the Hollywood powder does wonders.

Bob Barbas: Tommy Lee Jones.
Reason: This potty mouth actor, known for playing crazies before like Two Face in Batman Forever and Strannix in Under Siege, is the perfect guy to play Bob. I can imagine him, with his bad combover, shouting filthy words at Nicholas. It would be priceless.

Succubus: Race Davies.
Reason: Obviously, the Succubus would have to be a CGI monster (unless the crew is able to find a 50 feet worm that speaks), so I was thinking Race Davies, the woman who voiced her, I mean IT, in the game, would have to reprise her role in the movie. Honestly, if they really made a movie adaptation, I don't think they'd be able to incorporate all of the characters from the game, but we're assuming they would.

Phineas: RZA.
Reason: Just look at his performance as Blind Master in G.I Joe. He's got the looks, and he's got the posture. He is fit.

Alternatively,

Phineas: Forest Whitaker.
Reason: He speaks like him, and he kinda looks like the guy who mo-capped him. Yeah, I think he'd make a good Phineas.

Lilith: Demi Moore
Reason: If we were to look at the similarities, I think Lilith looks painfully similar to Dolly Parton. It was so similar, that I think they did it on purpose. But hands down, Demi Moore, known for playing femme fatales is the best at this business.

Hunter: Andy Serkis.
Reason: We're talking about the guy who made a ****load of people rise and sign petitions, trying to get him an Oscar for mo-capping as a monkey. Seriously, he'd be just the man for the role. With only a little bit of CGI magic, they would be able to make the ultimate Hunter.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I know that I am not the only one who has noticed how closer the reboot is to Hollywood movies, as opposed to the authentic Japanese cutscene-based action the previous installments employed. So, I was thinking; if they made a DmC movie adaptation, which actors would be fit to play the characters?

Now, for the actors.

Reason: He is a good actor, he is physically fit and he looks a lot like the old skinny design of Dante, before they redesigned it.

Reason: Since they are twins and they look a like, Nicholas Hoult would have to be in a double role, but I have no idea how that would look.

Reason: Not exactly fitting, but come on, it would be a film adaptation. Not everyone should look like their gaming counterpart. Besides, the Hollywood powder does wonders.

Reason: This potty mouth actor, known for playing crazies before like Two Face in Batman Forever and Strannix in Under Siege, is the perfect guy to play Bob. I can imagine him, with his bad combover, shouting filthy words at Nicholas. It would be priceless.

Reason: Obviously, the Succubus would have to be a CGI monster (unless the crew is able to find a 50 feet worm that speaks), so I was thinking Race Davies, the woman who voiced her, I mean IT, in the game, would have to reprise her role in the movie. Honestly, if they really made a movie adaptation, I don't think they'd be able to incorporate all of the characters from the game, but we're assuming they would.

Reason: Just look at his performance as Blind Master in G.I Joe. He's got the looks, and he's got the posture. He is fit.

Alternatively,

Reason: He speaks like him, and he kinda looks like the guy who mo-capped him. Yeah, I think he'd make a good Phineas.

Reason: If we were to look at the similarities, I think Lilith looks painfully similar to Dolly Parton. It was so similar, that I think they did it on purpose. But hands down, Demi Moore, known for playing femme fatales is the best at this business.

Reason: We're talking about the guy who made a ****load of people rise and sign petitions, trying to get him an Oscar for mo-capping as a monkey. Seriously, he'd be just the man for the role. With only a little bit of CGI magic, they would be able to make the ultimate Hunter.

Well here's mine.

Len Wiseman - Underworld Series

Now, for the actors.

Vergil: Freddie Highmore
Reason: Since both Nicky and Freddie are similar. Why not have him play Vergil.

Kat: Jennifer Lawrence
Reason: She fits well as Kat since Hunger Games.

Mundus: Brad Dourif
Reason: Chose him since he played the killer doll and many villains. Even took on a lot of horror films. HE'S PURE EVIL!

Lillith: Lindsay Lohan
Reason: Very Obvious since Lindsay went through a lot of bad stuff lately. She sold her soul to the demons for fame and all.

Phineas: Morgan Freeman
Reason: Fit well.

Alternative:

Lillith: Megan Fox
Reason: She's on the bad run too.

Last edited:

Teal

Morgan Freeman would be a good Phineas, if they decided to expand his role in the movie, but Lindsay Lohan? Really? Yeah, in her current state, she has a striking resemblance to Succubus, I know, but I don't think anybody would want to work with her. Other than that, I gotta say Brad Dourif would maybe fit as Mundus, although a taller Mundus like Bridges (1.83) would be way more intimidating than a guy who is about 1.75, and Jennifer Lawrence would fit better than Kat Dennings, considering how Nicholas and her dated for a while I think so the whole love thing would be more realistically portrayed.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Morgan Freeman would be a good Phineas, if they decided to expand his role in the movie, but Lindsay Lohan? Really? Yeah, in her current state, she has a striking resemblance to Succubus, I know, but I don't think anybody would want to work with her. Other than that, I gotta say Brad Dourif would maybe fit as Mundus, although a taller Mundus like Bridges (1.83) would be way more intimidating than a guy who is about 1.75, and Jennifer Lawrence would fit better than Kat Dennings, considering how Nicholas and her dated for a while I think so the whole love thing would be more realistically portrayed.

Oops!

I meant to put Lindsay as Lillith. My bad.

Sunaka Marién

Meh, not a fan of having any sort of movie for DmC, but oh well, this sounds like fun~
But didn't we already have that kinda topic before?

Director:
Guillermo Del Toro seems like a fitting director to me, although I've only seen Pacific Rim, but in that one little documentary of it I've seen, it really made the impression that it was a bunch of nerds working on that movie, which is exactly what we'd need.
Scriptwriter or something:
Well, I've got no clue about any of the guys who write the actual skript for movies, but I do find it important to get Tameem oboard for it.

Dante:
Tim Phillips for Dante of course. It's impossible to find someone who looks exactly like Dante, but Tim looks close enough, probably closer than anyone else, since they did change Dante's look at least a little to match Tim's face.
Another obvious plus is that he already played Dante, so he already knows how Dante ticks, how he walks, talks, the gestures he makes, and, maybe most important of all, his faciacl expressions. Plus, the voice. It always annyos me greately when they're changeing the voiceacter for a character, so if we've already got an actual actor who voiced him, to me it'd be unforgivable not to give the role to Tim.
Nicholas Hoult would be an absolute no-no for me personally, his features are way too soft imo :/ And I find him to be visually unappealing.
Vergil:
I guess Tim would also have to play Vergil then, but I think he might be able to pull it off.

Kat:
I could kinda see Emma Watson as Kat. Her faceshape and nose would match Kat's well enough, and we all know Emma's an amazing actress.

Phineas:
I guess Morgan Freeman would really make a good Phineas, his voice could be quite matching I guess (not too sure what his real voice actually sounds like (>.>);) and he's often played some kinda mentor roles, if I'm not mistaken.
However, if they'd make Phineas a CGI character aswell, I'd rather see Lou Beatty Jr. return.

Mundus:
Uhmmm, dunno, Bruce Willis, maybe? I guess he could pull it off, sorta, uh, maybe...? idk I just like Willis :p

Teal

The reason why Tim Phillips and almost all of the famous voice actors stick to voice acting is because they can't act. Actually, they can, maybe a little bit since mo-cap plays a big role in the videogame entertainment industry nowadays, but not as good when compared to an award-winning Hollywood actor such as Nicholas Hoult. And it has been proven several times that the 'is too soft' argument doesn't work, since good actors such as Hoult are able to pull off the face of an angel in one part, and turn into a devil in the other.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Brad Dourif may not look like the Mundus in the DmC version. But at least since he represents all evil antagonists, perhaps he can take that role.

Nick Hoult and Fred Highmore look similar. So both can play Dante and Vergil. They can surely use some training.

Lindsay Lohan. Perfect for Lillith. Either her or Megan Fox.

SeraphDark

I thought it very through, and I composed a dream cast.

Known for: Hellboy (1,2), Blade (1,2) and his latest flick; Pacific Rim.

Alternatively,

Director: Zack Snyder
Known for: Dawn of the Dead and the greatly underrated Watchmen and Man of Steel. Oh, also for 300, but that movie sucked.

Now, for the actors.

Alternatively,

Jeff Bridges would be dope! Alternatively, Jeff Daniels. Did you see Looper?!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For me it'd be like this;

For all the reasons you said. Plus, he knows good horror and action so I'd lov efor him to do it.

Alternatively,

Director: Robert Rodriguez Zack Snyder and maybe Christopher Nolan
Rodriguez did the grindhouse flicks (whith Quentin Tarantino) and Machete I & II. Him and Zack Snyder (Sucker punch and Man of Steel) would be a pretty awesome mix. Adding Nolans ability to add a darker under tone that he's used for the Dark Knight franchise to boot would also be cool to see.

Actors.

Dante: Tim Phillipps/ Hayden Christensen/ Jamie Campbell Bower

Reason: He's the original voice of new Dante and motion capturer. He seems to be the perfect man for the job in my opinion, but in case he can't then my other choice would be . If not him, then maybe Hayden Christensen since he knows how to play rebel angst characters. And finally Jamie Campbell Bower was Jace in the City of Bones movie and he was definitely giving off a sort of rebel vibe that could fit Dante.

Vergil: David de Latour/ Jared Padalecki/

Reason: Obviously David since he played him, so I would like David to reprise his role. If not him then Jared, who plays Sam in Supernatural.

Kat: Daveigh Chase/ Sage Mears
Reason: She the only one I can think of so far. Daveigh played the Ring girl so she's got the loner characteristic down, plus she was the voice for Lilo in Lilo and Stitch and Chihiro/Sen in Spirited Away. Sage Mears is also great as Kat.

Reason: He's actually the perfect person for the role besides Mundus's actual motion capturer. From Iron Man he can really give off the big business tyrant vibe very well.

Reason: Phinias is a;; about knowledge and reasoning. Morgan gives off that sense perfectly and would be a great mentor for Dante.

As for other characters it's still unknown.

EllDawn

Just for fun.

I don't know who to choose for a director. There aren't many I know of.

Cast:

Phineas: Ernie Hudson.
Phineas reminded me of him right from the start.

Mundus: Bruce Willis.
Great actor who has made his career on action films and still continues. He'd get the right physicality and mindset.

Mundus (alternative, maybe): Brad Dourif.
It's not just because of his experience with crazy, evil characters. The man has talent and really knows how to use his eyes. He can convey plenty without speaking.

Dante, Virgil and Kat I'd rather have the actors from the games. The characters were modeled after them and they seemed to really care about their characters.

Lilith: (I hate to say this) Michelle Pfeiffer.
This is mostly because she's very talented. She hasn't had a lot of plastic surgery, but I know she's willing to go through the required make-up. Lilith wasn't young and was trying too hard to get a young appearance. It would be better to have someone mentally mature for the part who can really act.

Poison: Marcia Gay Harden.
She knows how to get into a character. It would just be her voice, so it might be something new for her to adjust to, but she doesn't always try to be subtle. When the part calls for her to yell, she doesn't hold back. She doesn't seem to have much fear when it comes to appearing emotional.

Poison (alternative): Sally Field.
Again, she's not afraid to act emotional and she gets into a part almost completely.

I thought of two other alternates for Mundus. Billy Zane and Ron Perlman. Pretty good actors that aren't in many well known movies.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Director
a) Len Wiseman - known for the Underworld series
b) Wachowski Brothers - known for the Matrix series
c) Paul W.S. Anderson - known for Resident Evil series
or
d) Zack Snyder - known for Sucker Punch & Watchmen

Dante & Vergil: Nick Hoult & Fred Highmore
Both look similar

Kat: Jennifer Lawrence
Resemblance

Mundus: Brad Dourif
Pure evil!

Lilith: Lindsay Lohan
Messed up celebrity

Wise to help the protagonist

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I must agree Morgan Freeman looks like the right role for Phineas. In fact, Phineas does resemble Morgan!

Gotta agree on Lilith played by Lindsay Lohan. She really got totally f'd up and isn't the child/teen star we all used to know...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I must agree Morgan Freeman looks like the right role for Phineas. In fact, Phineas does resemble Morgan!

Gotta agree on Lilith played by Lindsay Lohan. She really got totally f'd up and isn't the child/teen star we all used to know...

And my idea for Dante, Vergil, Kat & Mundus?

Dantesanimus

sorry the rest of my message got deleted before I posted it earlier lol.
Anywho...I don't think Hoult is an experienced enough actor to pull off a double role like that. I also don't think anyone without much action film experience in general could pull off the amount of badass that is required. :p I think Kat should be played by either a Hispanic or Near Eastern (as limited as that pool is unfortunately) actress if we are going by appearance as well. Anything Megan Fox touches is doomed. Just doomed. and putting Lohan or any celebrity like her in the film just cheapens it. I like the idea of Bridges and Jones but I doubt they would ever go for this kind of production. Jones especially since I think he is on the verge of retirement.

Dante's I wouldn't mind seeing: Richard Armitage, Charlie Hunman, Aidan Turner, Chris Pine(Maybe, I don't know about double role but he would certainly make a good Dante.) and Jeremy Renner (even though he is a bit of a shorty).

Jessica Lange (American Horror Story) would make the perfect Lilith.

Kevin Spacey would be a good Bob Barker (sp?)

Mundus: Brian Cox, Anthony Head, or any of the actors mentioned before me are pretty good. Cumberbatch must voice his demonic form because angels blessed his vocal chords. He and Serkis could also team up for CGI too.

Directors and writers: Kurt Wimmer(Action)-He made Equilibrium, Robert Rodriguez(Action), Len Wiseman(Style and Action), Snyder (Action), and Guy Ritchie-(for dialogue and writing).

Last edited:

Teal

What about a screenwriter? Movie critics nowadays are more fond of a good story rather than a CGI-infested mess. I was thinking David S. Goyer. He seems to have some sort of a lust for turning movies with a rather light tone into a dark pit, take Man of Steel for example. Besides, he knows how to work plot twists very well. He was the one who made Black Ops and Black Ops 2 a little bit more enjoyable.

Top Bottom