• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC and DMC

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Woah man, don't compare Final Fantasy to Elder Scrolls. Those are two entirely different sub-genres. Nearly all current "Wester RPGs" are just "Action RPGs," and I still say the best Action RPG out there is Kingdom Hearts II.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Woah man, don't compare Final Fantasy to Elder Scrolls. Those are two entirely different sub-genres. Nearly all current "Wester RPGs" are just "Action RPGs," and I still say the best Action RPG out there is Kingdom Hearts II.

Well, i still have hopes that Versus XIII will be amazing. Given it have many, many, many Kingdom hearts elements.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, the western games have blown japanese games in many main genres such as RPG. Even Final Fantasy can't beat the Elder scrolls series now really. Even western MMOs such as World of Warcraft or Guild Wars have blown Korean MMOs out of the water now so it's not just about the japanese games anymore, it's about the Eastern gaming now in my opinion.

I would be more surprise if the Japanese developers would get a way to compete with Westerns in FPS but i don't really see that happening. Although i mostly agree with Inafune, i disagree with him that the Japanese gaming industry is finished. Yes, it's declining but i won't get that far to say "Finished".

Actually Japanese developers have found ways to deal with Western developers on the RPG department
DragonsDogma.jpg
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg

Namco and Capcom gets it.....can't beat em why not join them and beat them in their own game from the inside.

Dragon's Dogma had potential to surpass Skydrim. It just had some problems that kept it down but it still makes Elder Scrolls look outdated.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
lol yeah i just said Dark souls in my previous posts. Dragon's dogma's combat is probably one of the best but it had many flaws that's preventing it for being great.

Calypso Dynamo

God Damn i love Dragon's Dogma, i put more hours into that game than it probably deserved, but it came out when my back was broken and i couldn't move for a few months so hiking in the game was a nice supplement for the real thing.

crush

playing dark souls...
falling never made me feel like falling in reality while gaming. lol
It makes me feel depressed going to a respawn point or meeting a wraith.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
All I'll say to you Lionheart is I can't see the future and neither can you. All your comments are doing is riling up people on both sides of the fence with no basis whatsoever. There is NOTHING, NOTHING that said DMC is dead. And NOTHING that says DmC is taking over.

If you dislike DmC and think it's a bad game, fair enough. But don't claim for a second that it's the end of the classic DMC series. At best that's your opinion. At worse it's you spreading your own agenda in order to cause a even bigger rift and argument between fans of both games.

I don't do this often, but you'll be on my ignore list from this point on.

I'm not trying to rile up people. If they get riled up, that's their problem, not mine. Sure, I may not be certain DMC will be replaced by DmC, but I think there's a damn good chance it will be, since I'm sure DmC will sell well.

Also, it's 'at worst', not 'at worse'.
Please don't act like a child. There's no need to put somebody on your ignore list just because he/she disagrees with you and voices their opinion clearly. Kind of sad, if you ask me. Spreading my own agenda... give me a break.

8BitHero

Scrub
You know? That is actually what Inafune wants. He says that in japan, many people still believe that their game is the best and the western games are only decent or horrible BUT that is actually the opposite of what is happening right now. He even actually likes it how Phil Fish insulted japanese games(I forgot what site/article where i found that he said that) because japanese developers don't want to admit that they are losing the battle with the exception of Inaba and Saito from Platinum games.

So...he says that insulting japanese developers would probably open their eyes or something like that. There are actually Japanese games today which was Critically Acclaimed such as Dark Souls and Xenoblade but loses in terms of Sales.
East = Mainly RPGs
West = FPS

I understand that point. But that's also not quite the full story. Games are made for us. So if the a certain group(western) aren't playing certain games then that isn't the Japanese industries fault. Is us, as westerns for being so bland and pathetic with what we buy. This is why I consider Keiji Inafune wrong; because it's not that the Japanese have lost their ability to develop games, but it's that the audience you're trying to appeal to are mindless drones. The Japanese gaming is considered "finished" because the westerners have their heads up their arse and don't WANT to play fun games like Vanquish. This also works in reverse. Westerns games don't do as well in Japan since they also have the same level of pathetic mentality. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the Xbox sells extremely poorly in Japan and is one of the worst selling consoles there. BUT, we don't have Cliff Blezinski(Gears of War/Bullstorm/Unreal Tournament) saying that Western developed games are "finished" because the other group doesn't buy them.

Also, I think(as in I don't have any research to back up my claim BUT this could easily be considered the point)the reason Xenoblade chronicles failed was because it's on the Wii. If you make a game on the Wii with brilliant ideas, put in a lot of time to the mechanics and story etc, it won't ever sell on that console. Games like: Dead Space Extraction, No More Heroes, House of the Dead Overkill and a few others were Wii exclusives that were great but, were eventually ported to the Xbox and PS3. If they port Xenoblade to the Xbox/PS3, you'll get the sales. You just cannot make a sale on the Wii due to the audience on that platform.

I hate to side with them but Japanese developers are kind of losing in terms of sales and popularity....okay maybe not Nintendo but most other developers. I mean losing the shooter market is one thing but Western developers are up against Japanese developers on all corners now (hack n slash, RPG, puzzle, and even platformers). I mean the only market the Western developers aren't competing with the Japanese developers are fighting games cause the West is to yet come out with a decent fighting game....they have come close but Street Fighter, DoA, Tekken, and other Japanese fighters have already solidify and shaped the fighting market that is like a Japanese developer making a new shooter IP to compete with CoD or Halo.

The gaming industry is rough out there man.
No but we have so many highly praised platformers from the West you could easily say that "west is cornered" is off. Games like: Limbo, Braid, Warp, Splosion Man, Terraria, NightSky, Shadow Complex (just to name a very small few) and those games are huge....and made in the West. As for fighting games, WWE, Skullgirls and Mortal Kombat 9 (Along with Injustice soon). The Japanese dominate sure, but we still have those. As for RPG, I don't even know where to begin....Bioshock, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Skyrim.... You do make a good point about each side molding certain genres though. East for fighting games and West for shooters. The industry is rough though. It's full of gamers who have no effin' clue what they want.

Lastly, about Dark Souls, it's really a fancy looking Dungeon Crawler(I love that game too) and we had those for years since the early PC days with the first Elder Scrolls(Western) games. Dark Souls is classed a Dungeon Crawler as well meaning, it's not combating the West but playing homage to the early Western developed games (with it's own twist).

Frazz

General gamer
I'm not trying to rile up people. If they get riled up, that's their problem, not mine. Sure, I may not be certain DMC will be replaced by DmC, but I think there's a damn good chance it will be, since I'm sure DmC will sell well.

Also, it's 'at worst', not 'at worse'.
Please don't act like a child. There's no need to put somebody on your ignore list just because he/she disagrees with you and voices their opinion clearly. Kind of sad, if you ask me. Spreading my own agenda... give me a break.
I have told you time and time again to stop acting (not saying you are) so petulant and goddamn ARROGANT. DmC (unfortunately) probably won't sell well due to the fact that basically any forum apart from this one hates DmC and everyone is sitting praising MGR and saying they'll buy it instead of DmC so you have zero evidence it will sell well.

Give me one piece of evidence suggesting it will sell WELL.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I have told you time and time again to stop acting (not saying you are) so petulant and goddamn ARROGANT. DmC (unfortunately) probably won't sell well due to the fact that basically any forum apart from this one hates DmC and everyone is sitting praising MGR and saying they'll buy it instead of DmC so you have zero evidence it will sell well.

Give me one piece of evidence suggesting it will sell WELL.

Look, I'm not being arrogant. I'm just voicing my opinion clearly, and if you don't like that, that's too bad. What you like and would like things to be is not my problem. Besides, I'm not the one who puts people on his ignore list because they're sure of themselves and their opinion. I'm not going to say 'this might happen, but I'm not sure blah blah blah'. If I believe something, I will state it clearly, as I have done.
I don't know, I've seen far more support for DmC than opposition to it, whether it's on Facebook, this site or any other social media site.

MGR is just a good game, I can tell already. Not much else I can say about it. It's made by Platinum Games, so it should be good, as Bayonetta and DMC were excellent as well. Again, just my opinion, and I'm allowed to have one.

Yes, I think DmC will sell well, because it caters to western audiences more. People who like playing Call of Duty might even like this one, if only because the main character isn't so anime-like anymore. I prefer to wait until it's released to see how well it sells.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Yes, I think DmC will sell well, because it caters to western audiences more. People who like playing Call of Duty might even like this one, if only because the main character isn't so anime-like anymore. I prefer to wait until it's released to see how well it sells.
Isn't that the main reason why so many people are against it?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Isn't that the main reason why so many people are against it?

Most people who have played DMC from day one are indeed against it. However, I have not seen any gamers who are unfamiliar with Devil May Cry go: ''Well, this caters to us (the western audience) way too much''. Lol. Nah, it's mostly the old fans of DMC saying that.

Usually, people who haven't ever played DMC or have never watched anime before are against games as extravagant as Bayonetta and the old DMCs, because they don't like Japanese things that much.

Frazz

General gamer
Look, I'm not being arrogant. I'm just voicing my opinion clearly, and if you don't like that, that's too bad. What you like and would like things to be is not my problem.
I don't know, I've seen far more support for DmC than opposition to it, whether it's on Facebook, this site or any other social media site.

MGR is just a good game, I can tell already. Not much else I can say about it. It's made by Platinum Games, so it should be good, as Bayonetta and DMC were excellent as well. Again, just my opinion, and I'm allowed to have one.

Then if you prefer to wait to see how it sells then why are you telling everyone it will probably sell well? You are acting arrogant by stating that Grey-Frog is a child which has no relevance and shows that you are being rude and pretending that you are above him. I doubt that someone who plays COD would turn to melee action considering they have Crysis 3 to look forward to next year and DmC wouldn't really appeal to them for the sole reason of not being anime styled any more.

Also MGR requires you to do a blade mode finish for pretty much every kill and all the combos have about the same effectiveness - IT IS NOT THE PERFECT HACK N' SLASH!! :mad:

Frazz

General gamer
Most people who have played DMC from day one are indeed against it. However, I have not seen any gamers who are unfamiliar with Devil May Cry go: ''Well, this caters to us (the western audience) way too much''. Lol. Nah, it's mostly the old fans of DMC saying that.
Those unfamiliar with DMC just jump on the bandwagon and slag it off cause that is what everyone else does.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Those unfamiliar with DMC just jump on the bandwagon and slag it off cause that is what everyone else does.

That may well happen sometimes. However, response to DmC has been mainly positive, at least, the response by the people who have never played DMC before or didn't like the old DMCs.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Then if you prefer to wait to see how it sells then why are you telling everyone it will probably sell well? You are acting arrogant by stating that Grey-Frog is a child which has no relevance and shows that you are being rude and pretending that you are above him. I doubt that someone who plays COD would turn to melee action considering they have Crysis 3 to look forward to next year and DmC wouldn't really appeal to them for the sole reason of not being anime styled any more.

Also MGR requires you to do a blade mode finish for pretty much every kill and all the combos have about the same effectiveness - IT IS NOT THE PERFECT HACK N' SLASH!! :mad:

I told him he was being childish for putting me on his ignore list just because I voiced my opinion definitely. I don't block people for disagreeing with me.

I mean 'the general gaming public', not the people playing COD per se. The lowest common denominator, if you will.

I didn't say MGR is the perfect hack and slash game, but I think it's going to be good. I haven't seen any gameplay videos that showed you need to kill everything with a 'blade mode finish', so I can't say that's true or false. I just don't know. All I've seen of MGR is that you can kill things with blade mode finish, but you don't have to.

Frazz

General gamer
That may well happen sometimes. However, response to DmC has been mainly positive, at least, the response by the people who have never played DMC before or didn't like the old DMCs.
People who liked the old ones do like as well you know! Critical response has been mainly positive so that is a good sign whether you believe they have been paid off or something stupid.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
People who liked the old ones do like as well you know! Critical response has been mainly positive so that is a good sign whether you believe they have been paid off or something stupid.

Yes, I have noticed that many people on this forum (who played the old DMCs) like DmC as well. But it's mainly the people who don't have much experience with DMC who like DmC. Can't give percentages, but that's what I've noticed online.

And since response has been mainly positive, I can say I'm pretty sure DmC will sell well.

I don't look at critic reviews, though. IGN, Gamespot and the like do sometimes get paid for giving positive reviews. Always go for unofficial reviews. I don't take things like Official Xbox Magazine seriously, because they give pretty good grades to all things related to the Xbox or Microsoft in particular. There are some official sources that seem reliable, though.
When somebody rates Fable III a 9.2/10, you know something's wrong.

Frazz

General gamer
I told him he was being childish for putting me on his ignore list just because I voiced my opinion definitely. I don't block people for disagreeing with me.

I mean 'the general gaming public', not the people playing COD per se. The lowest common denominator, if you will.

I didn't say MGR is the perfect hack and slash game, but I think it's going to be good. I haven't seen any gameplay videos that showed you need to kill everything with a 'blade mode finish', so I can't say that's true or false. I just don't know. All I've seen of MGR is that you can kill things with blade mode finish, but you don't have to.
The perfect hack n' slash thing was directed at all MGR fanboys not you! I understand your standpoint but seriously just stop being so pessimistic and try not to come across as arrogant in future posts!
That sound cool?

Top Bottom