• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC and DMC

DMCGamer1989

I'm really looking forward to DmC and I'm glad the Capcom's not ditching DMC either, but what do you think about DmC fans that bash DMC just to defend DmC? I mean DmC can generate new interest in DMC and DmC owes it's gameplay and Dante's attitude to DMC. So I don't see the point in arguing which is better, because both games benefit each other in the long run.

I've seen DMC fans insult DmC fans by saying they've betrayed the franchise, and I've seen DmC fans call DMC fans weaboos and fanboys. The way I see it is, angry DMC fans have to wait a little more for DMC5 and angry DmC fans are pushed so far into the corner that insults are the only way to defend the game.

I'm glad most of us here can enjoy both DMC and DmC.

crush

I'm really looking forward to DmC and I'm glad the Capcom's not ditching DMC either, but what do you think about DmC fans that bash DMC just to defend DmC? I mean DmC can generate new interest in DMC and DmC owes it's gameplay and Dante's attitude to DMC. So I don't see the point in arguing which is better, because both games benefit each other in the long run.

I've seen DMC fans insult DmC fans by saying they've betrayed the franchise, and I've seen DmC fans call DMC fans weaboos and fanboys. The way I see it is, angry DMC fans have to wait a little more for DMC5 and angry DmC fans are pushed so far into the corner that insults are the only way to defend the game.

I'm glad most of us here can enjoy both DMC and DmC.

I'm just happy that this forum existed...lol

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I don't agree with bashing either the original or the rebirth. Often when I talk about the original DMC, I do so in comparision through anime to reality with the Dante's in the titles, but I dont hate on the titles, even if there's things I didn't like with some like the balloon boobs for example.

So I'm with Gamer, I like it when there's even ground instead of both parties bashing on the other. Returning fire with fire is not the way at all...even though I don't mind going teacher/boss on a few that might act completely irrational about the titles.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I'll be honest, I am a little disappointed that this DmC is not the prequel most people were hoping for, but it's really not that bad. So what if it's a reboot? It's still a DmC game and it's still got Dante in it, it's just in a parallel universe...

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I'll be honest, I am a little disappointed that this DmC is not the prequel most people were hoping for, but it's really not that bad. So what if it's a reboot? It's still a DmC game and it's still got Dante in it, it's just in a parallel universe...
Wait...people were expecting a prequel?

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I wonder what the public reaction will be if they made a game which showed how Dante became DMC2 Dante.

Exactly, but now that this new DmC is here, well coming really, the fans wont know until later...
I think that's why most of them are ****ed off...

Frazz

General gamer
The way I see it the angry people are just being far too stubborn and most won't admit anything is good about the game... there are some on these forums who probably won't buy DmC or are waiting until post release feedback or playthroughs to see if they want it or not. This is fair as they are giving it a chance at least! Cosplaying Goddess has a mature approach and just said on this forum that she was dissappionted but further comments show an acceptance that the game could be good:)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dante in dmc2 is that way because it was made by someone else. back then one one cared too much about story. I think dmc4 should of been the game to tie everything together and it should of took a step forward in game design instead of being such a waste of time.

as for people putting down DMC who are fans of DmC, maybe Dante and the resident evil environments were a little to outdated.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Good thing that this community is a safe haven for guys like me. YouTube and even GameFAQs are not good places to discuss DmC which is full of irresponsible and lowlife trolls (the latest DmC video has MANY dislikes and I bother to ignore it) I love both the originals and the reboot itself. There are some people who berated me and call me names (including the "wannabe DMC fan" insult) but is there something wrong that I love the new game?

BTW, I'm anticipating for this. So I'm good for both sides.

Grey-Frog

Good thing that this community is a safe haven for guys like me. YouTube and even GameFAQs are not good places to discuss DmC which is full of irresponsible and lowlife trolls (the latest DmC video has MANY dislikes and I bother to ignore it) I love both the originals and the reboot itself. There are some people who berated me and call me names (including the "wannabe DMC fan" insult) but is there something wrong that I love the new game?

BTW, I'm anticipating for this. So I'm good for both sides.

To be fair I have accounts on both of those places, both YouTube and GameFAQs are infamous for being the home of trolls and childish antics of which few other places on the internet come even close to. DmC be damned, you go to somewhere non-controversial on those sites and look for ten minutes you'll probably find at least one act of trolling so hideous that it'll make you lose a little faith in humanity as a whole.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well sometimes you gotta let haters hare.

There's really no point in arguing with them anyway. I mean they're just gonna make some excuse to get mad again and start something more, which is annoying as hell, but you know how the fandom is.

I honestly think the fandom both sides are annoying to listen to. Especially when it comes to opinions. Can't state one without getting blasted on and this goes for BOTH sides.

Now this seems like a thread that VampireWicked would come into and I don't feel like dealing with her "I hate Emo may Cry" rants, so I'm out of this.

DMCGamer1989

Well sometimes you gotta let haters hare.

There's really no point in arguing with them anyway. I mean they're just gonna make some excuse to get mad again and start something more, which is annoying as hell, but you know how the fandom is.

I honestly think the fandom both sides are annoying to listen to. Especially when it comes to opinions. Can't state one without getting blasted on and this goes for BOTH sides.

Now this seems like a thread that VampireWicked would come into and I don't feel like dealing with her "I hate Emo may Cry" rants, so I'm out of this.

You're absolutely correct. Let's all enjoy both DMC and DmC and let the haters miss out on loving two versions of an awesome game!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Me, I'm having a more 'live and let live' attitude towards opinions of this game. If people hate it then that's fine. If people like it, also fine. I just wish there wasn't so much name calling and bashing.

My main thing is that I'm glad the DMC brand and name is not dead to Capcom. I'm happy for DmC being made, I like the direction it is going in. And maybe this would make Capcom think of continuing classic DMC in the future. Maybe both DmC and DMC can be made.

DMCGamer1989

Me, I'm having a more 'live and let live' attitude towards opinions of this game. If people hate it then that's fine. If people like it, also fine. I just wish there wasn't so much name calling and bashing.

My main thing is that I'm glad the DMC brand and name is not dead to Capcom. I'm happy for DmC being made, I like the direction it is going in. And maybe this would make Capcom think of continuing classic DMC in the future. Maybe both DmC and DMC can be made.
Itsuno did say the the DMC wasn't replaced but expanded, and people who are introduced to DMC via DmC might look into the HD collection and DMC4, which will boost Capcom's profits if they play their cards right.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
What you do have to understand is, most people don't hate games for the fun of it. I personally don't like DmC one bit, and get called a 'hater' often because of it. However, I always try to voice my opinion as clearly as possible, by coming up with arguments why I think DmC is inferior to DMC in many ways. I take into account the plot, the characters, the background story, the graphics and the soundtrack. Anything that can make or break a game.

I know there are going to be people who don't like what I have to say, but I don't back down or say stuff like ''I see there's no place here for supporters/opponents of DmC''. I just think it's a shame some people only use the word 'hater', because it implies that I'm not allowed to dislike anything. So to those close-minded people I say: ''I'm sorry you're offended by my opinion, but that's your problem, not mine''.

I do have a lot of respect for people who have the guts to argue instead of walking away. It shows your judgment isn't completely clouded by emotion. So, kudos to you for being open-minded toward other people's opinions.

Oh, I do want to point out that DMC will probably be replaced by DmC. Capcom said they might consider continuing with the original series if DmC doesn't sell well. So yeah, I don't think DMC will return, sadly.

Top Bottom