• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Honestly, teh most I look and get to know the NT!Dante, the more I DO like him. He's a jerk in someways, but he's a somewhat likeable jerk, and you can see his compassion trying to break his shell.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

Ignorance huh.
This from someone that's a fanboy of a game that hasn't even hit the shelves yet.
Taking offence to something not directed towards you or anyone who likes it shows how much of an annoyance you are.

If you can't handle gamers disliking a game or company you may like then your in the wrong place & shouldn't be a member of any forum period.
I have not insulted you or anyone who likes the game by calling them ignorant, childish, immature or questioned they're research of the game during any thread conversation that's been had since day 1.

You can't handle words like EmoMayCry when they aren't directed towards you without you resulting into an 8yr old offensive bitchfit then the hell with you.
Skip over my reply & move on, no one is stopping you.

I will not hinder your opinions but i will speak my mind on EmoMayCry.​

You're calling me a fanboy?

Rich coming from someone so autistic that he can't even say the proper name of the game or the main character.

Are you that obsessive that you can't say Dante or Devil May Cry? Yes you are. You got proven wrong so you change the topic to opinions and how I don't deserve to be a forum member. Shut the **** up you ass hole.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
Ignorance huh.
This from someone that's a fanboy of a game that hasn't even hit the shelves yet.
Taking offence to something not directed towards you or anyone who likes it shows how much of an annoyance you are.

If you can't handle gamers disliking a game or company you may like then your in the wrong place & shouldn't be a member of any forum period.
I have not insulted you or anyone who likes the game by calling them ignorant, childish, immature or questioned they're research of the game during any thread conversation that's been had since day 1.

You can't handle words like EmoMayCry when they aren't directed towards you without you resulting into an 8yr old offensive bitchfit then the hell with you.
Skip over my reply & move on, no one is stopping you.

I will not hinder your opinions but i will speak my mind on EmoMayCry.
I would have to say that in general, your avatars/sig are offensive and you shouldn't be surprised if you were to meet opposition for them because this is a forum. In fact, most forums have rules stating that the type of imagery you have in your items cannot be used at all. For good reason. I am not saying you should adhere to these rules, or act as if I am telling you what to do, but I am suggesting that you broaden your sights so you can see what other people may think when using this imagery. Some people here like to go on this website while at work or school and that can get them in trouble.

In terms of "Emo May Cry" I honestly don't see why you are calling DmC this. Devil May Cry was much more emo than this game "I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR SOUL WITH LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" etc. and long straightened hair, leather and goth boots. One could say that the original was much more "emo" than this version of DmC could ever be.

Opinions are opinions though. They are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Also, this website is called DevilMayCry.org, if you don't like Devil May Cry, are you here just to troll or what?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I don't see how DmC is emo, though. Can someone show me or am I just blind?

There is actually a big confusion between Punk and Emo now a days. I actually don't know the difference between the two at first until i did some research.

Also, Dante's long hair style is honestly not emo. It was just really a popular hair style for popular idols/Handsome men in Asia.

Breaking8ad

There is actually a big confusion between Punk and Emo now a days. I actually don't know the difference between the two ar first until i did some research.

Also, Dante's long hair style is not honestly emo. It was just really a popular hair style for popular idols/Handsome men in Asia.
I stand corrected in the hair department. Though I think the direction of DMC was originally meant to be Gothic and Metal. Punk is a way different category than Emo, I always saw the difference in them because I grew up around both types, it is understandable that some people might not see it or get them confused.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
In terms of "Emo May Cry" I honestly don't see why you are calling DmC this. Devil May Cry was much more emo than this game "I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR SOUL WITH LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" etc. and long straightened hair, leather and goth boots. One could say that the original was much more "emo" than this version of DmC could ever be.

Quick question, but why do people like to take jabs at the old DMC when they try to defend the new one?

I've been seeing it a lot lately that whenever someone who likes DmC tries to defend it they have to throw a jab at the old series while doing it.

I'm just curious why some feel the need to do it.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
@Breaking I also think that what defines an emo is on their personality. New dante had sex, swears, crack jokes and eat pizzas. I don't really think he is qualified as an emo at all.

Breaking8ad

Quick question, but why do people like to take jabs at the old DMC when they try to defend the new one?

I've been seeing it a lot lately that whenever someone who likes DmC tries to defend it they have to throw a jab at the old series while doing it.

I'm not defending the new series really. I am pointing out that DMC has more emo themes to it than this game. This game has more punk themes. If that makes sense? I'm not taking a stab at the old DMC. I love the old DMC.

I thought we were discussing Dante's Devil Trigger in relevance to the older variations?
Does every discussion have to turn into a Devil May Cry vs DmC argument?

My apologies. I for one like the new DT. But I did see in a picture somewhere that he looked more evil than even the newer video of his DT. So maybe it evolves as the story progresses?

The old DTs were really awesome though, I liked them alot. Vergil's was my favorite though.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'm not defending the new series really. I am pointing out that DMC has more emo themes to it than this game. This game has more punk themes. If that makes sense? I'm not taking a stab at the old DMC. I love the old DMC.
My apologies. I for one like the new DT. But I did see in a picture somewhere that he looked more evil than even the newer video of his DT. So maybe it evolves as the story progresses?
The old DTs were really awesome though, I liked them alot. Vergil's was my favorite though.
DMC never had emo themes the whole i should have been the one to feel your dark soul with light was cheesy and can be chalked up to bad writing no onto the DT i agree with what you said and Lucia has to have my fav DT next to Sparda

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Ok, 1, I didn't say "stab" I said "jab" so big difference there.

Secondly, I get what your saying, but it still seemed like a slight jab to me, maybe just my way of taking things...

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
In terms of appearance, DMC 2 devil triggers have the best ones. I still think that vergil's DT in DMC 3 looks more like an alien though lol

Breaking8ad

DMC never had emo themes the whole i should have been the one to feel your dark soul with light was cheesy and can be chalked up to bad writing no onto the DT i agree with what you said and Lucia has to have my fav DT next to Sparda
and so far, DmC hasn't either. That's really just my point. Neither of them are Emo but if either of them could be easily mistaken I would think DMC was before I would DmC.

Lucia's was awesome, I agree. Very Much.

Grey-Frog

Could be several of any reasons. One could be that DMC; although a good series, does has it's flaws and ignoring them could possibly allow them to be repeated in DmC or even DMC5.

More likely though, they see someone make a comment that is taking a jab at DmC, and thus they point out that DMC wasn't exactly flawless and could itself be guilty of something another person accuses DmC of.

But we're all different and have different opinions. For example I could say that I dislike Trish and wish she'd disappear form the series. I mean no disrespect by it; it's just how I felt ever since I first played DMC1 in 2001. However if you're someone who really enjoys Trish's character you may see that as me taking a jab at classic DMC.

Similarly you could say that you dislike Dante swearing in DmC. You may simply be stating what you believe and once again; in no way mean it as an jab at DmC. But to someone who likes DmC and likes the rougher edges on Dante it may appear your taking a jab at the new games.

And of course, some comments just are insulting and meant to be so. "Emo May Cry" being one used for both DmC and DMC4 as an example.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
More likely though, they see someone make a comment that is taking a jab at DmC, and thus they point out that DMC wasn't exactly flawless and could itself be guilty of something another person accuses DmC of.

But I just look at it as, why stoop to their level?

Why take jabs at the old DMC just to prove a point?

Simply defending it seems like a enough to me, but thats just my way of looking at things.

Breaking8ad

Secondly, I get what your saying, but it still seemed like a slight jab to me, maybe just my way of taking things...
lol, I like that. I can see how it seemed like a jab, but I was really just trying to prove a point.

Oh, misunderstandings are convenient are they not?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!

to answer the question you asked earlier i thinks its fans way to differentiate DmC and try to make it better over DMC in certain aspects like saying something like "Well DMC4 had good combat; but the story was filled with plot holes, while DmC has more creative environments and a more interesting story" i've seen people make complaints that no had made before DmC so that's my view on it.
In terms of appearance, DMC 2 devil triggers have the best ones. I still think that vergil's DT in DMC 3 looks more like an alien though lol
i've never really payed that much attention to it same when people call his holster in 3 a man bra lol but DMC2 had some awesome DT's i could only imagine what Dantes DT in 2 would look like with modern graphics *drools*

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
lol, I like that. I can see how it seemed like a jab, but I was really just trying to prove a point.

Oh, misunderstandings are convenient are they not?

Glad you see where I am coming form.

And perhaps I did misunderstand you, if I did I apologize.

Top Bottom