• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Oh sorry.

I gotten both new in plastic at GameStop.
I've seen RuleOfRose used in my GameStops now, HauntingGround as well.
I like both games though.
HauntingGround is understandable if it was cancelled, the early trailers for it were.......creepy lol.
it was highly sexual more so than rule of rose and wow your lucky
The DT is fine since it's obvious it will be stronger and have more demonic look in the future.
i hope your right
I love me some anime (mostly the old stuff) but jebus man
older anime is better imo but there are a few anime that are just as awesome

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
More serial killer creepy lol.

And yea i got HauntingGround when the guy told me it was cancelled.
I tried getting a few other rare games to, Obscure for both PS2 & Xbox was a hard find.
i really want to get obscure i found the sequel and i didnt understand it so i sold it i also want to get Kuon which is supposed to be like fatal frame

Nekodark

i really want to get obscure i found the sequel and i didnt understand it so i sold it i also want to get Kuon which is supposed to be like fatal frame

I have a lot of fun with Kuon...the first Obsure as well the sequel was ok...but meh

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
lol Yea Obscure 2 aftermath wasn't as good.
It was more harsh than the first though.
The first Obscure the characters didn't have special abilities, just average students. Obscure 2 aftermath takes place two years after & has them dealing with being infected from the situation in the first game.
it was weird and confusing for me like if i played mass effect 3 with no prior knowledge of the previous games

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Devil Trigger in DmC is not necessarily a transformation into a demon. Its him tapping into his demonic energy but more importantly, its him taking control of Limbo.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Devil Trigger in DmC is not necessarily a transformation into a demon. Its him tapping into his demonic energy but more importantly, its him taking control of Limbo.
if he's taping into his demonic energy then wouldn't he change into something more demonic instead of his hear turning white and his eyes going red?

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

I dislike the abbreviation in it's titles, like they're too lazy to come up with a decent subtitle to really make it it's own & too lazy to spell it out.

2. They're named after the originals but not as interesting, or appealing to me. And nowhere near as powerful.
They look as humans pretending to be much more than they are while worshipping the originals.
They cosplay as tribute to them lol.

CosplayDante looks like a depressed softcore punk musician that sits in dark corners & cuts himself just to feel pain when he's not playing guitar alone in the dark.
EmoMayCry.​

Firstly, DmC is a stylisation of Devil May Cry, not an abbreviation.

Secondly, there's nothing Emo about the new DmC. When did swearing, drinking, and banging hot girls become "emo?"

Actually, this kind of ignorance is expected from a guy with half naked cartoon girls in his sig

Paexie

But that's the thing, he doesn't have that yet (maybe). So he's only scratching the surface. I really can't say much until the game is out, though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
if he's taping into his demonic energy then wouldn't he change into something more demonic instead of his hear turning white and his eyes going red?
That's imposing your own set of rules onto something, again :/
There's tapping into something, and then there's changing/turning into something. Plus, he's changing slightly anyway, his hair changes color, his eyes are red and white, an aura coats his jacket blood red, he's got the red veins.
It's not to say that he couldn't grow claws, horns, fangs, wings, a tail or whatever. We seriously don't know more than his current DT design. You have to be patient.
Remember - baby steps. A Caterpillar doesn't just magically change into a butterfly. If you could see all the gross stages it goes through inside its cocoon, you'd understand.

chocolatepanda

yes but he's still changing into something else so i would think that since he is changing it would be alittle more drastic than what he's actually turning into
The world itself is also part of the transformation which is pretty drastic dont u think

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
yes but he's still changing into something else so i would think that since he is changing it would be alittle more drastic than what he's actually turning into
The DT in DmC is most likely Dante's demonic side simply becoming more prevalent while the DT in past DMCs has Dante unleashing the true power of his demonic heritage.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That's imposing your own set of rules onto something, again :/
There's tapping into something, and then there's changing/turning into something. Plus, he's changing slightly anyway, his hair changes color, his eyes are red and white, an aura coats his jacket blood red, he's got the red veins.
It's not to say that he couldn't grow claws, horns, fangs, wings, a tail or whatever. We seriously don't know more than his current DT design. You have to be patient.
Remember - baby steps. A Caterpillar doesn't just magically change into a butterfly. If you could see all the gross stages it goes through inside its cocoon, you'd understand.
But thats what im saying or atleast trying to get across Dante IS changing but its really a insignificant change (people may like others may not) but the point is it doesn't look all that demonic if someone told be that was supposed to a devil transformation (and theoretically i wasn't a fan of devil may cry) i would be confused your supposed to show the viewer yes this character is going through a change he's turning into a monster (if only for brief periods of time) there are better ways of doing this you can get the point across better than this NT are taking the design of old dante and using it as a starting pointing and building from that which is something i don't like he might turn into an actual demon later in the game completing his transformation into a full DT but that doesn't change the fact that they could have used something better than that (really hoped this made since and doesn't sound repetitive just trying to get my point across)
The world itself is also part of the transformation which is pretty drastic dont u think
eh it goes grayscale everything slows down and enemies get lifted into the air

Paexie

Like I've said before, I can't really go against your opinion until we see the full extent of it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
But thats what im saying or atleast trying to get across Dante IS changing but its really a insignificant change (people may like others may not) but the point is it doesn't look all that demonic if someone told be that was supposed to a devil transformation (and theoretically i wasn't a fan of devil may cry) i would be confused your supposed to show the viewer yes this character is going through a change he's turning into a monster (if only for brief periods of time) there are better ways of doing this you can get the point across better than this NT are taking the design of old dante and using it as a starting pointing and building from that which is something i don't like he might turn into an actual demon later in the game completing his transformation into a full DT but that doesn't change the fact that they could have used something better than that (really hoped this made since and doesn't sound repetitive just trying to get my point across)

BABY STEPS, Meg5493, BABY STEPS.

It might seem like an insignificant change, but you're comparing it to a standard that DmC doesn't have. The fact that Dante's DT in this does what it does; to him and his surroundings, is a fairly significant change. Not necessarily to his overall design, but how else would you really show off a metamorphosis like Dante's? Trying to keep with that style DmC has is one hurdle, while also making sure what shows up is in line with the narrative.

I also like the idea that Dante is also trying harder to hold onto that small semblance of human-like qualities he has while he continues to grow as a Nephilim.

crush

A transformation that is only used for less than 5 secs is barely a "transformation" and not at all storywise.
Okay, the original series DT is badass but whats the meaning of it if it's not used at all?
Besides...there are human type collaborators that can use limbo.
You don't have to be a amphibian to be a devil in this series.

chocolatepanda

i could say the same about the transformations in the original. Eh he changes shape and moves faster. Doesnt really mean much does it. Also ive never seen anything slow down, they just float helplessly.

Top Bottom