• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
They are, Capcom has never said otherwise. Same for the anime and the manga. It's the DMC4 novelization that is pretty much an officially published fanfic alt version.
Really :blink: but i thought certain thing contradicted with the games but i think thats and I never like Deadly Fortunes, Nero could never have been Vergils son

crush

Really :blink: but i thought certain thing contradicted with the games but i think thats and I never like Deadly Fortunes, Nero could never have been Vergils son

Vergil going into brothels...Vergil getting drunk and his clothes took by highwaymen.
What does capcom want to do with our poor brother?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

IN the case of the first novel, it's more a lack of communication and retcons done. However, Force Edge is never explicitly named, so you can easily imagine it's Rebellion, and only the art gives the image of it being the DMC1 outfit, the only major issue is Gilver forming Armor as the Demon world infected the human world, but that is workable

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
In my opinion as a Japanese and a hard-rock fan,
japan forgot what is rock since rainbow last came to Japan.
Now all that is rock-themed is called emo (or junior-high disease) and is now never thought fine.
...I don't know why this happened and now low-class pop groups containing 48 girls are now leading the charts.
(creepy nerds...sigh)

This also applies to classic Dante as well. A Japanese definition of rock that is sort of wrong.
That is why it involves demons in the first place. But again...I like it though! lol
AKB48 has 91 members, last time I checked. I like that name for Emo, "junior-high disease." I'm going to start using that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
You're calling me a fanboy?

Rich coming from someone so autistic that he can't even say the proper name of the game or the main character.

Are you that obsessive that you can't say Dante or Devil May Cry? Yes you are. You got proven wrong so you change the topic to opinions and how I don't deserve to be a forum member. Shut the **** up you ass hole.

Come on you two everyone has an opinion & you two disagree can you not just agree to disagree & move on. No need to resort to insults & silly arguments when you clearly arent ever going to agree. I personally suggest adding each other to the ignore list as you cant seem to get on.

chocolatepanda

I actually like Dante's DT in DmC.
But, they shouldn't have called it a Devil Trigger.
They should have called the Nephilim Trigger, since Dante hasn't tapped into his demonic being yet.
The Devil Trigger should be something Dante acquires in a sequel, or at the end.

Also, does anyone else think that in the next game, Dante should have both an Angel Trigger and a Devil Trigger? Since Dante has both angelic and demonic blood, wouldn't that make the most sense?

When DT was 1st explained it was Dante bringing forth his demonic powers to some degree, I remember Tameem saying it in an interview. Idk if that still stands true now though since thats now how it was described ingame.

Instead of 2 triggers i think a hybrid trigger would make the most sense, it may learn more towards more of an angel or demonic look but have feature of both.

RedGear

uhm...i never played the demo... so i might as well ask...

when dante activated his DT, did his speed went faster or the enemy went slower?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
uhm...i never played the demo... so i might as well ask...

when dante activated his DT, did his speed went faster or the enemy went slower?
Nothing slows down. The enemies will float in mid air, Dante regenerates health and does more damage. That's about it.

RedGear

really? i thought it would be like neo..

well, after i saw dante gaining his DT, i thought its like an explosion...
so the enemy fly because of this explosion
and the slow-mo enemy in the air is like dante killing his enemies in very fast speed...
like in 00:56

i guess my theory is wrong :'(

crush

really? i thought it would be like neo..

well, after i saw dante gaining his DT, i thought its like an explosion...
so the enemy fly because of this explosion
and the slow-mo enemy in the air is like dante killing his enemies in very fast speed...
like in 00:56

i guess my theory is wrong :'(

Yeah, there are a lot of matrix refrences in this game.
Dante doing his glide looks like Neo doing his superman as well.
Also this series DT bends limbo at Dante's will. Sounds familier doesn't it?

aoshi

The DT looks good as of new video. But will we be able to cancel it and conserve DT as in earlier games? If there was a way, will enemies fall down if cancelled(when not in boss battles. Even so will we be able to cancel it?)

It jus looks too extravagant for gameplay reasons of cancelling and conserving DT since it depletes. I can't imagine such animations to be enabled and then quickly disabled for obvious gameplay reasons. I get nero's DT was animated but still is very fluid in cancellation.

KIRA

I actually like Dante's DT in DmC.
But, they shouldn't have called it a Devil Trigger.
They should have called the Nephilim Trigger, since Dante hasn't tapped into his demonic being yet.
The Devil Trigger should be something Dante acquires in a sequel, or at the end.

Also, does anyone else think that in the next game, Dante should have both an Angel Trigger and a Devil Trigger? Since Dante has both angelic and demonic blood, wouldn't that make the most sense?

He will not have any angel trigger in the game or the upcoming games i believe .....i think it's confirmed that he has only devil trigger....because the devil trigger is activating because he taps into his demonic powers....he has angel powers because he has angelic blood in him , but not a trigger or form.... Based on my opinion i believe that brothers powers got split...thus having Dante, demon and angel powers but with a devil trigger and Vergil , devil and angel powers but with an angel trigger instead...!!!! Morelikely their triggers split ...although being a nephillim !!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I have to admit.

I was both severely dissapointed, and extremely happy, when the DT was shown.

The fact was, this showed that neoDante would transform back into Dante, but at the same time made me wonder. "Will we even get to play as classic Dante during the course of the game?"

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Since the subject of how DT is in-game I'll bring this up now.
I really hope that by the end of the game the activation for DT is not the same. It just feels so out of place with majority of the combos you can do, unlike previous DMC games where DT flowed with virtually any combo.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I know what you mean, but it's also a different sort of ability now. It's less of a power amp, and more of an "oh sh*t" mode. I still like the original DT more, but the DmC version is okay, I guess. I always forgot to use DT a lot of the time anyway, so it's no skin off my back >.<

Top Bottom