• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
Since the subject of how DT is in-game I'll bring this up now.
I really hope that by the end of the game the activation for DT is not the same. It just feels so out of place with majority of the combos you can do, unlike previous DMC games where DT flowed with virtually any combo.
I've felt that the DT in this game is more of a separate tool, while DT of previous games was a strict power-up that occasionally gave you extra tools to work with (Air Raid, etc). Not being able to combo with it is definitely different, but I don't think it is necessarily bad. It's like a new move, instead of a modifier to existing moves.

crush

To be honest I think it's only a way of NT paying tribute to the original series.
Like "Our Dante could never be there if it's not for the classic one"

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This is my 2 cents. Don't judge me.

I don't find problem with the design because aesthetics is a shallow point. I don't care how it looks but it looks fine but what is disappointing about it is its use.

Its not useless its just annoying to use and OP as hell.

I'm okay with the enemies slowing down effect but did they all have to be lifted into the air as well. It makes the game more easy than it is and it depletes so quickly too even if your in the air and its literally FORCING us to use aerial combat to make it last longer.

That is a step in the wrong direction NT & you too Capcom. In past DMC games the combat would speed up whenever I went DT and at all wouldn't break the flow of combat even Nero's DT added depth to the combat but this DT literally slows down and breaks the flow and feel of combat it even ruins the music (granted not a big fan of metal) but the music is supposed to add some depth and adrenaline to the combat.

I wouldn't be complaining if the enemy lifting only happened to enemies who are near you like Nero's DT or the enemy lifting was a separate attack/ability in DT thus adding more strategic depth and possibilities to the combat rather than just making the occasion easier for you for awhile.

This along with the color coding bullcrap are my main gripes with the gameplay and the only gripes gameplay wise. I have other gripes with the platforming and even the story (thus far from what I've seen).

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
DT isn't lengthened when in the air anymore. That was an old build of the mechanic.

Now it simply gives more Style for aerial attacks, attack speed, defense, and replenishes Vitality. The duration was an issue in the Demo, but recent videos show both the DT and Vitality Gauges stretching pretty damn far to the right.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DT isn't lengthened when in the air anymore. That was an old build of the mechanic.

Now it simply gives more Style for aerial attacks, attack speed, defense, and replenishes Vitality. The duration was an issue in the Demo, but recent videos show both the DT and Vitality Gauges stretching pretty damn far to the right.

Now it can last longer so its more OP.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Keep in mind that we've only ever seen a few geek enemies from the beginning of the game affected by DT. They said that every enemy reacts differently to it, so I'd refrain from calling it OP for what it does against level ****-burgle enemies.

Plus, remember that DT's utility is different. It's not a power amp in this.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Keep in mind that we've only ever seen a few geek enemies from the beginning of the game affected by DT. They said that every enemy reacts differently to it, so I'd refrain from calling it OP for what it does against level ****-burgle enemies.

Plus, remember that DT's utility is different. It's not a power amp in this.

I saw that the Tyrants were lifted by DT so I can assume all enemies are effected by it the same way. I think you misheard that bosses react differently to it from enemies.

Paexie

I saw that the Tyrants were lifted by DT so I can assume all enemies are effected by it the same way. I think you misheard that bosses react differently to it from enemies.
We haven't seen the higher mooks reactions to it, though. They can still manage to hit you if they get back on their feet (the rages for example).

I do agree on the DT being a little too op. I'm fine with it recovering your health and making your attacks stronger, but it should be nerfed a bit along with the arbiter.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
We haven't seen the higher mooks reactions to it, though. They can still manage to hit you if they get back on their feet (the rages for example).

I do agree on the DT being a little too op. I'm fine with it recovering your health and making your attacks stronger, but it should be nerfed a bit along with the arbiter.

Yeah Arbiter at least shouldn't fil up your style guage so much. ITS NOT EVEN THAT SLOW AT ALL and can be used in quick executions if used right.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Key phrase being "if used right."

Even if you are good at using it, using it at the wrong time can get you stabbed in the back. I swear, the Stygians have something in their AI that actively makes them flank and attack you when trying to use Arbiter combos, so you need to be careful using that thing.

Paexie

Yeah, it's all about having them in the right place at the right time. I'd still say it's too easy for that to happen tho.

I mean you can just evade away and tremor them, pull them in and dispatch them one by one that way.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's still the most restrictive, though. You have to commit to everything you do with it, since you can't cancel out very easily.

Granted, it's easy enough to learn the times when it's right to use, but still, going in with it all willy-nilly ain't gonna do too well :p

Top Bottom