• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
In the new DmC dante's DT doesn't look very impressive compared to past DMC titles
DT_MajinForm.jpg
SpardaDT.jpg
images
lucia-airraid.jpg
images

tumblr_lxxhmaINN21r7eq0no1_400.jpg
tumblr_mevefgCuqi1rlijv8o1_1280.jpg
4370829385a6837529354l.jpg
l.jpg

Do you think he get a more improved DT later on in the game or will he just have white hair and a deeper shade of red coat?
devil-trigger-1024x540.png

Nekodark

DmC is not in the same canon as DMC so it would not even make sense for the DT to look as it does in the other series DmC DT seems to be tied to the story line, it looks fine to me then again I hardly used the DT in DMC never liked how they looked tbh.

chocolatepanda

I always say this when people bring up his DT, you have to remember he's more than a demon now he's half angel so a full demon form for his DT would make most people assume he has an angel form. In terms of power i think of it as a kaioken while his super saiyan form is still on the way. I think his form is incomplete and we might see a glimpse of a transformation near the end of the game kinda like how in dmc1 Dante goes into Sparda mode.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
DmC is not in the same canon as DMC so it would not even make sense for the DT to look as it does in the other series DmC DT seems to be tied to the story line, it looks fine to me then again I hardly used the DT in DMC never liked how they looked tbh.
i know that but in each installment the look would change im not saying DmC dante should look exactly or slightly resemble past DT's he should atleast LOOK slightly demonic instead of him changing into "old dante" for a bit if ya know what i mean

Nekodark

i know that but in each installment the look would change im not saying DmC dante should look exactly or slightly resemble past DT's he should atleast LOOK slightly demonic instead of him changing into "old dante" for a bit if ya know what i mean

Yeah I know what you mean no worries, you have an idea of how you wish he would look which is just fine. I was just saying what I wanted to add my thoughts to how I feel about the looks.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Yeah I know what you mean no worries, you have an idea of how you wish he would look which is just fine. I was just saying what I wanted to add my thoughts to how I feel about the looks.
33e.gif
its always good to voice your thoughts and opinions

Nekodark

33e.gif
its always good to voice your thoughts and opinions

Haha I agree, I think I like thoughts and opinions that are respectful and non insulting to others weather they are in the same line as my own or not. I mean it is not hard to state what you feel without stepping on others thoughts/opinions. hope your day was a good one..I slept through most of the day myself.

neccowells

I started to laugh when I saw all the awesome looking demonic DT, then I looked at DmC's DT. It really looked like the odd one out, lol. Anyway, DmC's Dante is a angel and Demon. His demon side becomes a little bit more dominant over his angel side from time to time. So he's not going to look too Demonic. I strongly believe there will be a Nephillim Trigger. Vergil said "Only a Nephillim can kill a Demon King (Mundus)."

chocolatepanda

If you show the actual cutscene where DT is 1st used for the games im sure DmC would be considered pretty cool just like the other. He just starts floating in the air screaming and changing while the world itself begins to change as well then he gets back on his feet and the enemies just fly into the air. Although there wasnt any impalement involved it was still a pretty cool scene for activating DT.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
I like it, but not for how Dante looks. I consider it a separate tool. I like that it transforms the world around him, really reinforcing the emphasis on changing the world, in addition to mechanics like the grapples and the myriad of crowd-control moves, or in the narrative sense. It's very consistent with the rest of the game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm sorry but how exactly would that not make any sense. Dante, as we've seen, is already mutating in to OG Dante, that was the plan. In response I would argue that it was said that this Dante turning into new Dante would've made no sense and now it is a fact.

On the other hand no DT has ever made a comeback in a sequel outside of unlockable content so if Dante or Vergil do transform in to a demonic gaze then it wouldn't look like any of the previous versions. Still, I wouldn't count out the possibility of another, advance DT more reminiscent of the original but a more western design.

seraphmaycry

i agree with whoever wants a new dt i love the world changing bit so cool but the actual form is just no id love it if there was a costume of vergil or sparda with dante DT that would be awesome for the old players

Gbraga

I believe he will have a demonic form, otherwise what would be the Devil Trigger if you're using the white hair costume from the end of the game after you unlock it?

About the Devil Trigger itself, I don't have a problem with the way it looks, I thought it was a great idea to have the red coat and white hair back during it, I just don't like it's use. The first time they talked about it, it was supposed to last as long as you could stay in the air, and I liked that, it was different and interesting, now it's just a poor man's version of Devil Trigger.

aoshi

1) There is already a thread that discussed DmC dante's DT.

DmC dante DT discussion

2) There is a new video that displays his updated DT look.Actually this too has been revealed on other thread but the video was from dailymotion.com. So i post a youtube video since it will load faster.

His face and eyes turn crimson red with red demonic energy(or flux) around him.

But the initial grunt that dante gives(by looking at the camera) is funny. Then again i find a lot of things funny about DmC.:lol:

As far as the DT, I think it is improved than earlier concept(of DmC and not compared to previous games). No questions there.

EDIT: And wats with the hints? "it will increase your life","DT can be increased by attacking enemies"(Earlier games lets DT increase faster with defensive styles like royalguard much faster than attacking style like swordmaster)..............Meh.

crush

The wierd thing is that Dante's DT never was the same design. It was never inconsistent.
They never mentioned his power has grown or he trained and never had a great effect on the story.
(Except for Nero that is)
Which is damn strange for a game that has a half-human morphing into a full-demon.
In DMC3 Dante only changed into DT for about more than one-second but less than three.
In DMC4 he changed while being hit by nero like a dimming light bulb.

But I must admit DMC2's DT is the BEST.
Just look at it, Ebony and Ivory is now bloody Dual Gatling guns. And Rebelion is set on his arm like a spike. Also we know it is Dante because the demon form has white hair as well. Pity the game itself was a flop...

Suzaku18XD

Truth lies before ruin
Hmmmm all I wanna know is what is that demon that crushes that skyscraper in the trailer? Mundus? Or someone we haven't seen yet?

Top Bottom