• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

8BitHero

Scrub
and so far, DmC hasn't either. That's really just my point. Neither of them are Emo but if either of them could be easily mistaken I would think DMC was before I would DmC.

Lucia's was awesome, I agree. Very Much.
Cool I'll cut out the bullshi- and get right to it because no-one wants to admit it.

DmC is called Emo because the character is white with black hair similar to generic Emo fashion trends. Also this backed up by the hair cut that newDante has which is slightly "hipster" and also people just don't like Tameem as they see him in newDante with his own haircut WHICH*breathe* people don't like.

Stop bollocking around and just say it.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
and so far, DmC hasn't either. That's really just my point. Neither of them are Emo but if either of them could be easily mistaken I would think DMC was before I would DmC.

Lucia's was awesome, I agree. Very Much.
She NEEDS to appear more. She was an underdeveloped character that I like more than Lady and has as much potential as Nero. Its shame at of all the things the series took from 2 they didn't add Lucia to like anything!

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
Glad you see where I am coming form.

And perhaps I did misunderstand you, if I did I apologize.
WELL YOU DID. I AM SO HIGHLY OFFENDED BY THIS ENTIRE THING THAT IM GOING TO RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jk. I apologize as well. I am more of a peaceful person and would rather solve problems than cause more.

Grey-Frog

But I just look at it as, why stoop to their level?

Why take jabs at the old DMC just to prove a point?

Simply defending it seems like a enough to me, but thats just my way of looking at things.
But that's the thing as well. Someone may genuinely feel that they are not taking a jab at the original series and simply pointing out one of it's flaws for comparison.

There's largely two types of "jabs" here. Some may just be a misunderstanding or a result of over-sensitivity, others may be a genuinely a jab meant to be hurtful of the new DmC or the old. It can be difficult at times to know the intent from the poster. What may appear to be a cut and dry insult towards DMC or DmC may just be criticism for proving a point.

Now don't get me wrong; I know there has been comments in this thread from both sides that were only said to be insults to both series. But once again, if you're someone who likes DmC and see someone make a negative comment about it you may incorrectly see it as a jab at the game. And the same thing goes for classic DMC as well.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
But that's the thing as well. Someone may genuinely feel that they are not taking a jab at the original series and simply pointing out one of it's flaws for comparison.

There's largely two types of "jabs" here. Some may just be a misunderstanding or a result of over-sensitivity, others may be a genuinely a jab meant to be hurtful of the new DmC or the old. It can be difficult at times to know the intent from the poster. What may appear to be a cut and dry insult towards DMC or DmC may just be criticism for proving a point.

Now don't get me wrong; I know there has been comments in this thread from both sides that were only said to be insults to both series. But once again, if you're someone who likes DmC and see someone make a negative comment about it you may incorrectly see it as a jab at the game. And the same thing goes for classic DMC as well.

yea I get that it can cause a "confusing situation" as you don't know if they are really taking a jab to be hurtful or mean or if they are sincere and simply want to give fair critic towards the old series to prove a point.

But my point is towards the ones who do it to be a "jerk" so to speak and intentionally take a jab at it.

crush

In my opinion as a Japanese and a hard-rock fan,
japan forgot what is rock since rainbow last came to Japan.
Now all that is rock-themed is called emo (or junior-high disease) and is now never thought fine.
...I don't know why this happened and now low-class pop groups containing 48 girls are now leading the charts.
(creepy nerds...sigh)

This also applies to classic Dante as well. A Japanese definition of rock that is sort of wrong.
That is why it involves demons in the first place. But again...I like it though! lol

8BitHero

Scrub
Now all that is rock-themed is called emo (or junior-high disease) and is now never thought fine.
...I don't know why this happened and now low-class pop groups containing 48 girls are now leading the charts.
(creepy nerds...sigh)

This also applies to classic Dante as well. A Japanese definition of rock that is sort of wrong.
That is why it involves demons in the first place. But again...I like it though! lol
You do realise those girl bands are Korean right?

Dante47

I actually like Dante's DT in DmC.
But, they shouldn't have called it a Devil Trigger.
They should have called the Nephilim Trigger, since Dante hasn't tapped into his demonic being yet.
The Devil Trigger should be something Dante acquires in a sequel, or at the end.

Also, does anyone else think that in the next game, Dante should have both an Angel Trigger and a Devil Trigger? Since Dante has both angelic and demonic blood, wouldn't that make the most sense?

crush

You do realise those girl bands are Korean right?

I'm not being a racist here...but certain groups are indeed.
I really don't get why foreign groups that I never heard are on the charts.
(especially when there are rumours of foreign groups bribing our politico's)
Where are my guitar and drums?

Sorry I'm off track...But duh.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
(creepy nerds...sigh)

There is also a program called Hatsune Miku. You know? She is popular worldwide.

I'm also a fan of her.

crush

There is also a program called Hatsune Miku. You know? She is popular worldwide.

I'm also a fan of her.

I know. My friend (former) suddenly took of his shirt and wore a t-shirt of her in the middle of town...
I seriously don't know why I deserted the scene and he is a former friend. lol

But again it's another style of music new in Japan. I must admit.

8BitHero

Scrub
I'm not being a racist here...but certain groups are indeed.
I really don't get why foreign groups that I never heard are on the charts.
(especially when there are rumours of foreign groups bribing our politico's)
Where are my guitar and drums?

Sorry I'm off track...But duh.
I know but those girl bands are a Korean export, not Japanese. Which means your statement about Japanese losing their touch with rock is wrong.

Also (VERY OFF TOPIC HERE)
Seeing those 'foreign' bands in the charts is good. It's what we need. Mainstream music is a joke. disgusting fake BS that gains uneeded attention like Rihanna, Lady Gaga, One Direction bullcrap. Mainstream music shows on TV and Radio only ever broadcast those generic artists from their own country and NEVER give attention to any of others or anyone outside of their country. When you see Korean bands getting into the charts that's good. It's breaking the mold of what's spoon fed to the sheeple who listen.watch the radio and TV. It's progression and what we need more of. YouTube/Last.fm are easily osome of the best places to find original talented music from around the world that is better than what he have and what SHOULD be in the charts.

@Sieghart
I don't understand why people like Miku Hatsune. She started out as a tutorial guide icon for those using Vocaloid. It's like Japan completely flippin' their shi- over Clippit from Microsoft Word. I don't get it, yo.

Back on topic:
Er....Dante needs a mech...and a Jetpack...and Dog who has one-liners.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
images
Sorry, just have to point out that Aya was always human. She may have evolved and gotten some nifty abilities, but she was always human.

In the anime he took jobs regardless if they had a password or not.

And the anime was boring as hell, and was inconsistent because of him taking random jobs. It really shouldn't be considered canon. The anime was just a generic anime with DMC slathered over it :/

Buuut yeah...whatever.

Grey-Frog

And the anime was boring as hell, and was inconsistent because of him taking random jobs. It really shouldn't be considered canon. The anime was just a generic anime with DMC slathered over it
Is the anime still considered canon? I can't keep track of these things anymore -_-. Seems like just as quick as they add a new spin-off like the novels and manga that they declare them non-canon.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
@Sieghart
I don't understand why people like Miku Hatsune. She started out as a tutorial guide icon for those using Vocaloid. It's like Japan completely flippin' their shi- over Clippit from Microsoft Word. I don't get it, yo.

I also don't understand why i like her too. It's a guilty pleasure i guess :/

We're really getting off-topic. DEVIL TRIGGER HUZZAH!!!!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Sorry, just have to point out that Aya was always human. She may have evolved and gotten some nifty abilities, but she was always human.

And the anime was boring as hell, and was inconsistent because of him taking random jobs. It really shouldn't be considered canon. The anime was just a generic anime with DMC slathered over it :/

Buuut yeah...whatever.
yeah aya could still be consider human but adding into the account she could do all the things Eve could and she aged slower than most people and she could also transform (lol i really want to call it DT) i wouldn't say she was entirely human anymore and while yes the anime was pretty boring we got

images
<- this so im happy even if he died in the same episode. Anime was wasted Dante never DT'd and he mostly just used his guns even the final boss was pathetic also Patty was annoying :I
Is the anime still considered canon? I can't keep track of these things anymore -_-. Seems like just as quick as they add a new spin-off like the novels and manga that they declare them non-canon.
the anime is still canon but barely just barely

crush

It's so confusing isn't it? Every time a DMC related media comes out first it's said openly it's canon but after a few months they say it's not!
When I heard the DmC anime disk doing about peter pan I thought at that moment it can't be serious.
DmC was also canon but now it's a different series.

Top Bottom