• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disappointing DT?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I do sincerely hope that there is more to this game's DT actually.
I didn't realize that the veins look like a lot cracks as Alittleacorn pointed out. That is pretty interesting if they actually role with that idea; that something is trying to breach out of his human shape.

I'd also have a little headcanon that this Dante really wishes he was just human and can't let go of that false premise in his head. Hence why all that power is so locked away.

If the end game (maybe the final showdown with Mundus) has him in a true demon mode at some point of the fight I think it be pretty cool and rewarding.
i hope that when dante does fight mundas it could be as epic as DMC1's battle that was some epicness right there 3rd favorite battle in the whole game

8BitHero

Scrub
Even if he did have one, he wouldn't even look like a demon much, remember..he's nephilim. Hell, I remember when I saw the DT for the first time, I thought it was NT's attempt to shut the crybaby fanboys up about the hair. For now I would sometimes name this the Super Saiyan Trigger.

All I'm trying to say is that Dante wouldn't even look like a demon if he had a full DT, it's not that I wouldn't want one.
I love the style of Devil Trigger but not so much the design.
When you go into Devil Trigger in DmC DAYUM(!) is it awesome. I love how it turns into a greyscale scale with the sound of souls circling you, enemies are lifted into the air and react in slow motions and Dante has a bright vibrant red aura on him-with parts of his power just flaking off like in Dragonball Z. It's an awesome design and definitely has a much better 'wow/awesome' factor than ANY of the other DMCs. However, Dantes transformation itself isn't really as cool looking as the previous DMCs. They could've made it slightly more over the top with spikes or...something. But this is the demo I'm going by so maybe it'll evolve over the course of the game.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
i know that but for terms for creatures it seems like they didn't research it, its the same with the succubus it seems stupid the examples you gave where characters so you have room to change the character around but its like if i were to call a zombie a nosferatu it just seems sily
Well, remember, an actual succubus looked nothing like the "sexy lady" that pop culture uses as an example for them. Darkstalkers and so many others had screwed up people's idea of the succubus for a long time. The succubus only appeared sexy in a man's dreams, in order to arouse them and steal dem man flewids. Otherwise, they were ugly as sin.

I love the style of Devil Trigger but not so much the design.
When you go into Devil Trigger in DmC DAYUM(!) is it awesome. I love how it turns into a greyscale scale with the sound of souls circling you, enemies are lifted into the air and react in slow motions and Dante has a bright vibrant red aura on him-with parts of his power just flaking off like in Dragonball Z. It's an awesome design and definitely has a much better 'wow/awesome' factor than ANY of the other DMCs. However, Dantes transformation itself isn't really as cool looking as the previous DMCs. They could've made it slightly more over the top with spikes or...something. But this is the demo I'm going by so maybe it'll evolve over the course of the game.

My thoughts exactly. I think the design is just product of that grittier art style. You can see a lot of artwork of DmC Dante in a very DMC-style kinda way, and his DT looks pretty cool there.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
This what comes to my mind from DMC3 Dante's DT... :lol:
ngbbs4e40b53617cd6.jpg

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Haha I agree, I think I like thoughts and opinions that are respectful and non insulting to others weather they are in the same line as my own or not. I mean it is not hard to state what you feel without stepping on others thoughts/opinions. hope your day was a good one..I slept through most of the day myself.
lol sorry for the late reply my day was great i woke up at around 12 ^_^ the weather's been cloudy and looking like it would rain at any time so i've been playing pokemon and later today or tomorrow im going to best buy to get black/white 2

Blacknerd

Its funny because all the DTs changed overall in design making them look almost nothing alike over time. His DT in one was 2 things but ultimatly looked very insect like. 2 and 4 look more alike but 4 has the strange face plate over his eyes and no wings. 3 ok lets get this straight I enjoyed 3 for all it was but besides what I hate now the designs for DT in that game do not match at all. This is due in part to shin megamis cameo of dante (from 2) in his game. So they let him design the DT for 3 which while on there own look nice they really dont match DMC3s artstyle or anything imo.

As for DmC hes learning about his heritage in DmCs universe and gains his strength so I dont believe that its his final form.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Its funny because all the DTs changed overall in design making them look almost nothing alike over time. His DT in one was 2 things but ultimatly looked very insect like. 2 and 4 look more alike but 4 has the strange face plate over his eyes and no wings. 3 ok lets get this straight I enjoyed 3 for all it was but besides what I hate now the designs for DT in that game do not match at all. This is due in part to shin megamis cameo of dante (from 2) in his game. So they let him design the DT for 3 which while on there own look nice they really dont match DMC3s artstyle or anything imo.

As for DmC hes learning about his heritage in DmCs universe and gains his strength so I dont believe that its his final form.
i hope it isnt it would be kinda of a waste of potential

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Some people just don't want to realize that this is a "real" Devil May Cry title, even if it isn't part of the original series. If they wish to live in denial, that is their choice.
eh for me its just something different and even though i don't like it i won't bash other peoples opinions ^_^ if they love it they love it

Top Bottom