• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Digimon (Digital Monsters)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Armor form is what...? Adult level?
Armour Level is weird due to being considered it's own category. Some like Flamedramon are equivalent to Adult, while others like Magnamon are closer to Ultimate in terms of strength.

It's that disparity that makes them difficult to put their power into exact numbers and why often they are absent from video games until recently.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As an aside, I just got the Spin-Off game "Digimon Universe: Appli-Monsters" for the 3DS.

Pck1g43m.jpg

If I had to describe what this game is like, I'd say it's very similar to the "Mega Man: Battle Network" series of games in that it involves humans with their AI partners, as their name suggests the Appmon are Digital Monsters made from Apps people have on various Smart Devices. And because I got a first print edition, I got a bunch of cool bonuses along with it.
First up is the "Chips" of the main two Appmon - Gatchmon and Onmon. Think of the Chips like the Medals in Yo-Kai Watch, they basically summon your Appmon in the TV show and are collectables IRL.
jb1nHRol.jpg

Next is the four TCG cards that every 'Mon series seems to have these days. They're updated designs of the old Digimon TCG cards which is pretty cool.
The first two are Onmon and Gatchmon again. They're both "Standard Grade" which is equivalent to Digimon's Rookie/Child Level.
N4tiB89l.jpg

And the other two are their Evolved forms Logimon and DoGatchmon, both are "Super Grade" which is equivalent to Digimon's Champion/Adult Level. Appmon cannot Evolve on their own and instead must "App Gattai" (App-Fuse) in a similar fashion to DNA/Jogress Evolution. Logimon is Onmon who has fused with Gatchmon, while DoGatchmon is Gatchmon who fused with Navimon whom I sadly did not get.
z4mEkL6l.jpg
Can't wait to play it. :thumbsup:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The US 3DS can play Japanese games? Or do you have some kind of firmware or perhaps a JPN 3DS?

This is what I played!
latest

This game was Pokémon meets Digimon and it was awesome.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Unfortunately no, the 3DS is region locked so I have a JPN 3DS.

Ah, Digimon Dawn/Dusk. I didn't realise that came to the US...and not Europe. :'(
I heard good things about that pair of games.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It had a simple concept. Raise a group of Digimon Pokémon style and travel the Digital world because some evil is causing trouble. Its been a while so my memory is foggy. The battle system is very Pokémon/early Final Fantasy RPG.
You'd could grow a Digimon from its baby level all the way to the Ultimate level. I recall having Angelwoman in my team.
1421b.jpg

This is what the battle system looked like. (On a DS emulator anyway) The picture doesn't do the game justice. But basically all Digimon take turns attacking RPG style.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Sounds a lot like the recent "Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth" which also had a Pokémon-esque RPG style of battle. I would definitely recommend that game for both newcomers and veterans of the series alike. :thumbsup:

maxresdefault.jpg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That was released for PS4 right? Ah Metal Greymon... How quickly you were over shadowed by WarGreymon and then Black WarGreymon... And then Omegamon.... (Although "Onmimon sounds cooler in my opinion)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
That was released for PS4 right?
PS4 on retail and PS Vita as a Digital Download.

And then Omegamon.... (Although "Onmimon sounds cooler in my opinion)
Funny you should mention that, for the longest time Omegamon has been Omnimon in the dub, but Next Order changed it back to Omegamon for story purposes. Which would be all fine and dandy...except they forgot to change "OmniShoutmon" back to "OmegaShoutmon" as well. o_O

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Digimon from Season 1-3 are in this Next Order game? So I can have Dukemon, MagnaAngelmon, and Digmon on the same team?
Aside from the Armour Digimon, then yes all the main Digimon from Seasons 1-3 are in there. Even the Jogress Digimon like Paildramon. They did try to put some Digimon from later seasons like Frontier and Savers but they are far less in number.

Currently, I'm raising Rapidmon and Skullgreymon. :thumbsup:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm assuming that's the green colored Rapidmon? Because the gold one is the Golden Armor evolution right?
Yep, Rapidmon (Gold) as it's known is also one of the three available Armour Evolutions in Cyber Sleuth. The other two being Flamedramon and Magnamon.

As an aside, because I started playing the 3DS Appmon game on the 18th anniversary of "Digimon Adventure", it was only natural that I name my character "Taichi" out of respect. :D

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Flamedramon the Fire of Courage." God he was so cool! Our Patamon and Tailmon/Gatomon's Mega evolutions in these games? The Mega forms from the Digimon Movie?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Flamedramon the Fire of Courage." God he was so cool! Our Patamon and Tailmon/Gatomon's Mega evolutions in these games? The Mega forms from the Digimon Movie?
Yep, Seraphimon and Holydramon are both obtainable as well as Gatomon's alternate Mega form Ophanimon.
Ophanimon.jpg

As well as a new Mega for Angewomon where she Jogress Evolution with Ladydevimon to become Mastemon.
13395025_625749937577359_1307392368_n.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Yahoo! Lookie what came in the mail today~

Each volume is dedicated to a different iteration of the franchise, Adventure 02's "Hurricane Touchdown" and "Diaboromon Strikes Back" in Volume 2, Volume 3 has the Tamers movies "Battle of Adventurers" and "Runaway Digimon Express", and lastly Volume 4 has the Frontier movie "Revival of the Ancient Digimon".
Oj7T6g6l.jpg

I already had gotten Volume 1 last year which had the Advenutre 01 movies. :thumbsup:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I found this the other day on YouTube and I figured I'd share it. It's a fan trailer of the Audio Drama CD "Door to Summer" which features Davis/Daisuke, Mimi and Willis/Wallace in New York during Summer Vacation as they get trapped by a never-ending Winter caused by a Digimon.

The fan trailer mashes up scenes from the Audio Drama with beautiful art provided by the trailer's creator. <3

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Figured I'd collect all the information on this new announcement in this thread rather than clog up the game announcement channel.

New Digimon game - "Digimon Survive" is coming to the PS4 and Switch in 2019!

digimonsurvivescan_july18_2018.jpg

The protagonist of Digimon Survive is a boy named Takuma Momotsuka, a second-year middle school student who is suddenly transported from camp to a dangerous world where life-threatening monsters wander about. Together with his new partner Agumon, he will boldly face his severe situation and embark on a survival adventure in order to return home.

Some key gameplay details:
  • Your Choices Affect Digivolution and the Story – The choices you make during your adventure will change the development of the story, as well as the monsters you can Digivolve during battle. There are various possibilities. While conversation scenes use 2D illustrations, they are depicted with 3D-esque spatial presentation.
  • Explore Another World – The keys to the story are hidden at various points on the field. Point and click at locations of interest to investigate.
  • Simulation Battles Where Choice Determines Victory – Move your Digimon partners around the field and fight against enemies. During battle, “Energy” is used to perform actions, including Digivolution. Skillfully utilizing your Energy is the key to victory.
So yeah, it looks to be a SRPG game in the vein of Devil Survivor or Final Fantasy Tactics. The whole choice based story isn't something they've really done before in Digimon to my knowledge so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm very hyped for this game! :thumbsup:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Several updates courtesy of the Thanksgiving livestream:

First off, the debute trailer for Survive. Nothing terribly new that we haven't already seen in screenshots.

More importantly is the five minutes of gameplay they showed of the game.

There were other things announced like Frontier getting a Blu-Ray rerelease and a Digimkn escape room. But Survive was the main thing.

Top Bottom