• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Digimon (Digital Monsters)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Speaking of, I just got the guidebook thingie for Next Order.
3elPH7Fm.jpg

As well as the Artbook for the Digimon Tri movies. Really good art, it even came with a little postcard.
CnhFtBMm.jpg
lksG24sm.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Digimon Next Order will be hitting the West on January 31st 2017.

I already got the JP version on Vita but I'll be Double Dipping for two reasons:

1) I really like the extras they're pushing for the game. Plus I'll finally have a PS4 then so it's all good.
2) I want to support this franchise so we don't miss out on Digimon games in the West ever again.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man, it's so good to be a Digimon fan right now. I've been playing the heck out of Next Order which came out last month.

Not to mention, the fourth Digimon Adventure Tri movie "Loss" has recently premiered and the fifth movie "Symbiosis" has been revealed via poster.
tri_part5_posterLQ2tweak_february24_2017.jpg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Like most I watched Digimon Digital Monsters through Tamers on Fox Kids. When I got older I watched the same three seasons on Hulu with the Japanese dub. I love Digimon a lot and I think the characters are just gosh darn great. I never ventured into the later seasons, but I always wanted to see Xros Wars.
I believe Taichi, teams up with the other heroes from different seasons in that show right? Or something like that? Plus Guilmon is voiced by Masako Nozawa in the Japanese dub! (That's Son Goku's Japanese voice actress)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Any love for Guilmon? he was my favorite as a kid.
Guilmon was pretty cool. I don't care much for Growlmon or Wargrowlmon, but Gallantmon is definitely awesome.
Like most I watched Digimon Digital Monsters through Tamers on Fox Kids. When I got older I watched the same three seasons on Hulu with the Japanese dub. I love Digimon a lot and I think the characters are just gosh darn great. I never ventured into the later seasons, but I always wanted to see Xros Wars.
I believe Taichi, teams up with the other heroes from different seasons in that show right? Or something like that? Plus Guilmon is voiced by Masako Nozawa in the Japanese dub! (That's Son Goku's Japanese voice actress)
I too watched from the original Adventure to Tamers. Since Frontier didn't air in the UK, I fell off the bandwagon until I saw Xros Wars was available on Crunchyroll and fell in love with the franchise again.
Unfortunately, Taichi and the other heroes only appear in the climax of the second season of Xros Wars, and the only part of that season that's worth watching. Season 1 of Xros Wars was good though.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Im suprised they dont do anything with the Frontier setup game-wise.
Problem is that Frontier was one of the least popular animes in the franchise, and the Digimon games already have a shoestring budget (especially compared to Pokémon) so I doubt Namco Bandai would want to take a risk on it.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
There were 4 movies already?
I haven't even seen the first one yet... I think I have some catching up to do!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
There were 4 movies already?
I haven't even seen the first one yet... I think I have some catching up to do!
Yep, there's six movies in the "Adventure Tri" series, the first four have been released in Japan while the first movie with English dub has seen theatrical release in America with home release later this year.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
What is that Digimon World game like? The last Digimon game I played was one of the DS games. That game was pretty fun and had great sprite artwork. Yet I can't remember what it was called...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
What is that Digimon World game like? The last Digimon game I played was one of the DS games. That game was pretty fun and had great sprite artwork. Yet I can't remember what it was called...
Next Order? It's a sequel to the original 1999 game "Digimon World". Basically you raise a pair of Digimon partners, feeding them, training them and battling alongside them. All in order to save the Digital World which has once again come under threat. It's all harking back to the franchise's origins in Tamagotchi. As a fan of the original game, Next Order is a real nostalgia trip for me, especially as the original Protagonist makes an appearance.

As for the game you played...I believe it's "Digimon World: DS". A game which sadly didn't come to Europe. :frown:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
AW! I taught it was the other one... Kudos for knowing who I was talking about.
Yeah, the old Digimon media can be quite obscure so it's easy to get them mixed up.

Did you know that "V-Tamer" had a special chapter which featured the Kids of "Adventure 02" teaming up with Taichi and Veedramon? It was a pretty awesome what-if story.
latest

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah during the Digi-Armor era. Those evolutions were so cool. Its cool to see that Taichi mingle with the Adventure cast, considering that Veedramon has a "Super-Ultimate" form and the Armor form is what...? Adult level?

Top Bottom