• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry vs God of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
im sorry but i think this is a pointless thread
Soz............ its so obvious what the major amount of people are going to go for ....... DMC as its a DMC forum

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
omenminator;119529 said:
im sorry but i think this is a pointless thread
Soz............ its so obvious what the major amount of people are going to go for ....... DMC as its a DMC forum

True.
GoW isnt a bad game at all. In fact, GoW KILLS DMC in terms of reviews and popularity. The only reason I choose DMC over it is because of Dante. GoW has better story, it is more epic, and by many very popular reviewers, it has a large fun factor, and I agree. I've played all of them. The only reason I choose DMC over GoW is because I like Dante over Kratos. Kratos' neverending rage can become tiresome, lol.

Kodanshi

R·O·C·K·S·T·A·R
DMC — I consider it far superior to GoW. In fact, I prefer the Ninja Gaiden remake to GoW. Hence why I’ve DMC and NG forums and not GoW ones!

Koemi

half-breed
Ah, now I think I know I won't get the upcoming GoW III (was thinking about getting it since the review are so good for the predecessors). Thanks all! =]

Esura

Koemi;119583 said:
Ah, now I think I know I won't get the upcoming GoW III (was thinking about getting it since the review are so good for the predecessors). Thanks all! =]

GET IT!!!! Dont listen to these guys! Both DMC and GoW are good games. Seriously. GoW III will be the best PS3 game dude!

Sparda™

Game reviewers half of the time don't know half of the words they are saying over the game they are reviewing. They say It's great, It's this, It's that - but seriously, fan appreciation and sales show whether a game is worth It.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119598 said:
Game reviewers half of the time don't know half of the words they are saying over the game they are reviewing. They say It's great, It's this, It's that - but seriously, fan appreciation and sales show whether a game is worth It.

I know. GoW fans outnumber us DMC fans severely. GoW games are seriously a popular game and they sell ALOT . Hell, even some 360 fanboys said that they'll buy PS3 for GoW III. If you think MGS4 is PS3 game to be reckoned with, wait till GoW III come out.

Sparda™

If we're talking about sales, popularity, fame, gameplay and all, Devil May Cry holds the top spot.

The Devil May Cry series has sold over 10 million copies worldwide. God of War has sold over 3 million.

Popularity?! Do I need to say the Devil May Cry saga has spawned novels, anime, manga, action figures - you name It.
God of War, none.

Fame?! Do I need to say that Devil May Cry is included in every poll, every forum signature, member's name, favorite game, memory - anything. God of War doesn't even come close to It.

Gameplay?! Far more exotic, colorful, dynamic, dark, innovative than God of War can ever get.

It might seem biased to you, but everyone with some logic, can tell that a game which holds a character like Dante, has more of everything than someone like Kratos.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Then again, there's no reason why people can't be fans of both. Those two (DMC and GoW) are probably my favourite games series ever.^_^

Sparda™

Devil May Cry was released in 2001. God of War in 2005. How on Earth GoW fans can outnumber DMC fans...

As Dante would say...

'...I fail to see the logic...'

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;119607 said:
If we're talking about sales, popularity, fame, gameplay and all, Devil May Cry holds the top spot.

The Devil May Cry series has sold over 10 million copies worldwide. God of War has sold over 3 million.

Popularity?! Do I need to say the Devil May Cry saga has spawned novels, anime, manga, action figures - you name It.
God of War, none.

Fame?! Do I need to say that Devil May Cry is included in every poll, every forum signature, member's name, favorite game, memory - anything. God of War doesn't even come close to It.

Gameplay?! Far more exotic, colorful, dynamic, dark, innovative than God of War can ever get.

It might seem biased to you, but everyone with some logic, can tell that a game which holds a character like Dante, has more of everything than someone like Kratos.

Totally agree with you. Dante is unlike alot of game characters; yes many are cocky/witted however; it's not everyday you get a pizza eating; white haired; pale blue eyed half man/demon hybrid with severe style coolness and something unbelievably slick about him.
Kratos is just angry; he can't seem to show anything but anger. What do teenagers like? Anger! Hence why it's popular with the crowd. I see nothing special about GoW; I'm certainly not buying GoW3 nor will it ever outshine DMC.
Western game publishers aren't half as experienced as Japan.

Sparda™

God of War storyline isn't even interesting. It's a 'What If?' perspective on Greek Mythology, and such games aren't impressive. Devil May Cry has an original setting on his own, which puts It to the best video games in history.

Oh, NerosDevil! Dante likes strawberry sundae as well!;)

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
((I know he does; he also hates olives despite him eating olvies in his pizza in DMC3 o_O))

Anyway; GoW is based on mythology, using opponents created and concieved from Greek origins; the story is well written, I find it boring though, despite the Santa Monica division making basically no characters themselfs. The DMC storyline isn't perfect either (even though I love it), but i'd prefer something stylish with skill opposed to blood mashing; holding your hand throughout the game with fancy finishing moves that require no work. Kratos is over-powered, giving the gamer a sense of God-like abilities; it's popular with teen boys who love blood and smashing skulls. I never saw the hype. DMC is heaves more popular than GoW. I also think David Jaffe is crud; he reminds me of Tomonobu Itagaki just because he made DOA.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I don't know.
Both of them are high standard games, both from my point of view and the views of just about every upstanding game critic out there. OPS2, PSW, Play, IGN, you name it, they all rate them as 9/10 or a percentage that can be rounded to it.

Anyway, as I've mentioned before GoW is equally about puzzle solving and platforming as killing. The same, sadly, can't be said about DMC. Also, DMC went downhill with DMC2 whilst GoW has remained consistently good thus far into the series. As for all the hype, may I remind you that DMC was out AGES before GoW. It's still on the rise so they're not trying anything that could potentially backfire just yet. DMC3 bought some impressive innovations with it, if GOWIII does the same in that respect, it may just generate the hype DMC3 did.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The Phantarch;119615 said:
I don't know.
Both of them are high standard games, both from my point of view and the views of just about every upstanding game critic out there. OPS2, PSW, Play, IGN, you name it, they all rate them as 9/10 or a percentage that can be rounded to it.

Anyway, as I've mentioned before GoW is equally about puzzle solving and platforming as killing. The same, sadly, can't be said about DMC. Also, DMC went downhill with DMC2 whilst GoW has remained consistently good thus far into the series. As for all the hype, may I remind you that DMC was out AGES before GoW. It's still on the rise so they're not trying anything that could potentially backfire just yet. DMC3 bought some impressive innovations with it, if GOWIII does the same in that respect, it may just generate the hype DMC3 did.

DMC2 went downhill because an alternate Capcom production team took over duties since discarding Hideki Kamiya; which was a mistake recognized even by Capcom. Had Hideki continued; who's a well known game designer making Okami and soon Bayonetta; working on RE2 huge popular titles, DMC2 wouldn't have happened. Let's face it, Santa Monica haven't got a good reputation for throwing good games out. David Jaffe gave us Twisted Metal; which was fail.
As mentioned; he's like Tomonobu Itagaki from Tecmo Ninja Team; they made a few failed games and one which got some publicity (ie DOA) then bragged. Jaffe is following the path. He was raging drunk at an interview in the Playboy mansion and almost spewing the damn plot and idea's away. Total tool imo.
A game's release date doesn't contribute much to sales and hype, let's just jump into the Halo wagon for that. GoW may generate some hype; but it's not a huge hit or entirely original either. It had considerably good reviews; then again reviewers like to talk from their behinds like IGN.

Sparda™

Reviewers half of the time don't even know half of the words they are phrasing from their speech brain parts.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
NerosDevil;119623 said:
DMC2 went downhill because an alternate Capcom production team took over duties since discarding Hideki Kamiya; which was a mistake recognized even by Capcom. Let's face it, Santa Monica haven't got a good reputation for throwing good games out. David Jaffe gave us Twisted Metal; which was fail.
As mentioned; he's like Tomonobu Itagaki from Tecmo Ninja Team; they made a few failed games and one which got some publicity (ie DOA) then bragged. Jaffe is following the path.
A game's release date doesn't contribute much to sales and hype, let's just jump into the Halo wagon for that.
GoW may generate some hype; but it's not a huge hit or entirely original either. It had considerably good reviews; then again reviewers like to talk from their behinds like IGN.

I'm aware of the team alteration, thank you. However the mastermind of DMC was still at the front. A game's release date may not affect hype but it does affect markets. On top of this GoW is an 18 certificate whilst there's no age restriction as to who can buy DMC so sales are going to be less anyway aren't they. I have already said that it was quite a hodgepodge of games so don't talk to me about originality. Besides you don't always need something really original for it to be good and conversely, when something is too 'out there' it can be detrimental to its sales. As for your comment about the reviewers, you're basically classing anyone who disagrees with you as lying scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom